The Student Room Group

How can I get this girl

Hello.

I am now on my Xmas holidays. But a few days before we split up for the hols here is the story:

I was in the Library's quiet study area when this girl and her mate walked in. As soon as she walked in my eyes were immediately drawn to her. She was so attractive. I didnt even think of the usual such as boobs , bums and legs although hers were pretty fab too. She looked so beautifull. After a while of listening in on her conversations and jokes with her mate (I couldn't do anything but listen because they were pretty loud) I realised I liked her personality and would like to get to know her more. While she was there with her mate. I noticed she was looking back and forth at me and I was doing the same to her. We both caught each other's eyes and smiled at each other. Although she seemed to leave the quiet study area in a hurry.

But a few days prior I remember seeing her in another block in College. She caught my attention and as I passed her we both looked at each other and smiled.

I would like to make her my Lady Friend. But here is the twist: I am not very talkative. And I am not confident with girls. I don't want to look like an ass and make a real cock up out of this I dont know her. All I know is her name Jodie and what she looks like.

No comments saying grow some balls. Man the **** up or suprise butt sex because I will ignore it. I only put this under my username as I tried this twice before using Anon but the stupid thing would not work. Let's hope no one sees this. If you can Mod's please change to anon

Any Ideas peop;

Scroll to see replies

Man up!
Hang on, do you like the fit one, or her friend (the one who smiled at you)?
Reply 3
Facebook.
Reply 5
Original post by BillySharp92
Hang on, do you like the fit one, or her friend (the one who smiled at you)?

The fit one. The fit one smiled at me not her friend
Reply 6
:dry::facepalm:
Original post by wm123
Facebook.

What exactly can I do with Facebook. More than one person would have the same first name. Then what. "Hello I am stalking around on Facebook to look for you because of the advice of some weird masturbator on an internet forum" That's a brill idea
Reply 7
She seems interested. Girls leave in a hurry so that they don't make a tit of themselves - if you see someone you fancy when you're with your friends you hang around long enough to get a smile and then run so that you can breathe and again having held your breath to stop yourself screaming (might sound dramatic, but from experience this is true :|) The 'smile test' has also worked. The next thing is to talk to her. Girls are generally too shy to say hi first - just because she hasn't doesn't mean she's not interested she's probably scared of rejection - not that she thinks that you'll say something horrible but that she doesn't know what your mates or her mates might say if they found out. So yeah, you might as well say hi because if not you'll always wonder what would have happened if you did. What's the worst that could happen? She and her friend have a little giggle at your expense and it's all forgotten about after 5 minutes.
Reply 8
Seem very talkative on the forums, Jonny! What is the problem in approaching her and saying hi?
Reply 9
Original post by House of Jonny
:dry::facepalm:

What exactly can I do with Facebook. More than one person would have the same first name. Then what. "Hello I am stalking around on Facebook to look for you because of the advice of some weird masturbator on an internet forum" That's a brill idea

lol at least he/she is trying to help - what else are you supposed to do? seriously. you don't know anything about her but her name and appearance and only see her in chance situations

wait for the next opportunity and speak to her then?
Ah right. Just make sure you smile at her whenever you see her, eye contact etc. Striking up the first ever convo is the hardest part in getting a girl IMO and I can't really advise what to say on an internet forum, as the moment is different for everyone- make sure you don't mess it up though!

You'll need something to say though, that's for sure and then maybe ask for her number after talking to her for a while. You may scoff at people suggesting Facebook or MSN, but why not ask, "Are you on Facebook?" (to get her full name) and chat to her on their for a while. You should be able to gauge her interest from there.

Chat first, then Facebook then number
Best of luck matey.
Reply 11
If you know her halls etc, pop round, ask to borrow some milk. If not, try the ol' bump the books, then you can talk to her about her course when you pick them up for her, because you're a true gentleman. If all else fails, follow her on a night out, wait until she's drunk, do your thing, making sure people have pictures for facebook. She'll most likely speak to you if she discovers you and her, tagged in a photo.
Man Up ! What have you got to lose by just going over there and saying hi?
Reply 13

I can already tell, this will go no where.

Accept that now, or carrying on dreaming.
When you next see her, do something unexpectedly charming, open a door for her, compliment her on her appearance, whatevs - just strike up a conversation and go from there. The best thing you can do to attract this girl is act confident even if you dont feel it. From what youve described she seems pretty interested - popping round to where she lives or Facebooking her can can across as a bit creepy - just be yourself man, girls (mostly) have more heart than to tell you to jog on outright. Good luck :smile:
Original post by tom181
If you know her halls etc, pop round, ask to borrow some milk. If not, try the ol' bump the books, then you can talk to her about her course when you pick them up for her, because you're a true gentleman. If all else fails, follow her on a night out, wait until she's drunk, do your thing, making sure people have pictures for facebook. She'll most likely speak to you if she discovers you and her, tagged in a photo.

Oh sorry Tom you are mistaken. I am in College. LOL. ,...... Get drunk? Do your thing? Im 16 :rofl: But thanks anyway
Superman that ho!
aww sweet. next time you see her, smile again and try and start a conversation.. like if you're in the library again, get up as if you're leaving though go past her and ask a question like "do you possibly know where ... is?" etc or something.. be charming confident and smiley. then be like "thanks! sorry what was your name?"good luck :smile:
How was that sensible. Besides if it was sensible what the hell does "facebook" mean? what about facebook?........ You look like a **** because you are a ****. You do not seem to grasp the idea of SENSIBLE SUGGESTIONS. do you even know what that means?????

It looks like youre taking the piss. But I didnt know. Stop being a pratt and randomly putting people down. You are a fail. Grow up

Oh my, you really are a dumbphuck.

Everything you have said to me so far is complete bull. You started the attack on me by slating my perfectly sensible, good advice, and calling me a "weird masturbater"
Reply 19
Oh sorry Tom you are mistaken. I am in College. LOL. ,...... Get drunk? Do your thing? Im 16 :rofl: But thanks anyway

Oh, So am I, I'm just from essex, we seem to make a bit more use of the old fake/ borrowed ID.
I would suggest you do a bit of fb stalking then, see where she goes out to/ which classes/ form she is in. I'm sure you'll know at least one person in that class, then you automatically are a bit closer to her. The more mutual friends you have (NOT on facebook):rolleyes: then the more chance you have of a chance introduction, and the less strange it will seem when you introduce yourself.
That's if you want to be really subtle. Otherwise I would say just say hello, or if you're really that shy, ask to borrow a lighter/ cig. If you don't smoke, borrow money for the bus etc. Then you get an excuse to speak to her when you pay her back :smile:
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending