The Student Room Group

Christmas day on my own, what to do?

Due to a combination of freezing weather and monumental incompetence on the part of BAA I am now faced with the prospect of spending Christmas day on my own (flight out of LHR cancelled, next earliest available one is Boxing Day).

I am in London, but not sure what to do with myself so please give me your suggestions (preferably something that doesn't involve me with a bottle whiskey, hurling cynical abuse out of the window at innocent passers by which is as far as I've got with my current plans).

Ta. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I'd try harder at getting home if I were you. Maybe get the eurostar to France and get a flight from there?

Win?
:sub: and talk to others who are alone.
Reply 3
It's only christmas. No big deal just do what you would do any other day.
Reply 4
The idea of acting Scrouge-like as you said there seems alright :P
Honestly Christmas is family time so I'm not sure what you could do apart from finding a friend and his family who would have you round.
Or you could go volunteer at a homeless shelter or something, really get in the giving mood!
Reply 5
Dude it's only Christmas, lol.
Reply 6
Chill out,watch tv,play games,work out,watch stuff on the computer etc etc.

Dont be so weak.

Xmas is nothing.
Reply 7
I can sort of subscribe to the idea that it's "only Christmas" but I very rarely get to see my family (due to them living in Bahrain lol) so it holds a bit more importance for me these days than perhaps it once did.
Reply 8
realise how luky you are!
Christmas is overated, and a hassle, never lives up to expetations either
buy an orphan, get a second story hotel room, place the orphan on the street and shout to him "you boy. WHAT DAY IS THIS"
Steal christmas. Like the Grinch.
Reply 11
Original post by KingofSpades
buy an orphan, get a second story hotel room, place the orphan on the street and shout to him "you boy. WHAT DAY IS THIS"

Haha, made me chuckle.
There are loads and loads of charities in need around this time of year :smile:
Maybe you could volunteer at a soup kitchen helping the homeless?

I did this one year and it was very rewarding :yep:
Reply 13
Get stoned..?
Put on Celine Dion's All By Myself on full blast while you eat your Christmas dinner, choking back tears and turkey stuffing. Or, try your best to crack one out to the Queen's Speech.
Reply 15
Ahh you bunch of scrooges, I would hate to be alone at xmas even if it is "just another day!"
If you really can't get home, spend the day doing nothing and go on boxing day and then have a secmod xmas when you get there
I like your current plans. They tally well with mine, despite (or should that be because of) the fact my whole family will be here, unexpectedly. Snow couldn't keep them away. Nuclear war couldn't keep them away :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by DannyBoy123
Due to a combination of freezing weather and monumental incompetence on the part of BAA I am now faced with the prospect of spending Christmas day on my own (flight out of LHR cancelled, next earliest available one is Boxing Day).

I am in London, but not sure what to do with myself so please give me your suggestions (preferably something that doesn't involve me with a bottle whiskey, hurling cynical abuse out of the window at innocent passers by which is as far as I've got with my current plans).

Ta. :frown:

Jeez why is everyone else on this thread so cynical!!

If I were you I'd call round all my friends and ask if anyone would mind you joining them for Xmas day. Otherwise i reckon i would go an have a really nice meal at a restaurant so I didn't have to cook all on my own!

Too bad you can't get home :frown:
You could plan to celebrate with your family on another day, when you manage to get back. If this is the case, just chill out on the 25th, watch a few movies, eat lots of food, and just try not to stress :-) x
Come to mine, my family wont mind :wink: lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending