The Student Room Group

Do you need a car at Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
But hull is a dump?

Nah it's not, just like any city... Don't care what response you have for that

(and I don't particulary like the place, but it's just an average UK city)
Reply 21
Original post by zKlown
Why is it hardly surprising? Your statement makes no sense, why would they encourage students bringing cars on the basis the place is a ****hole? GTFO

Loooooool

Where you from/live BTW?

Of course it makes sense. It encourages you to get out of the city. Incredulous ignorance by you there.
Reply 22
Original post by zKlown
Nah it's not, just like any city... Don't care what response you have for that

(and I don't particulary like the place, but it's just an average UK city)

Yes it is, and I bet you regret going there now.
Reply 23
Original post by TravelGuru
Of course it makes sense. It encourages you to get out of the city. Incredulous ignorance by you there.

By allowing people to have cars that encourages them to leave the city right?

So why would the Uni want to encourage people to leave the city? WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS IN THE CITY!!!

Think about it before you come at me using words like "incredulous"

Yes it is, and I bet you regret going there now.

Not really... I only live like 40 minutes away, so I know what Hull was like before I went there. Don't regret it one bit... Lived there for 2 years, never had any hassle and TBH it has everything I need, so why would I regret it?

Say suttin...
Reply 24
Original post by zKlown
By allowing people to have cars that encourages them to leave the city right?

So why would the Uni want to encourage people to leave the city? WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS IN THE CITY!!!

Think about it before you come at me using words like "incredulous"

Not really... I only live like 40 minutes away, so I know what Hull was like before I went there. Don't regret it one bit... Lived there for 2 years, never had any hassle and TBH it has everything I need, so why would I regret it?

Say suttin...

Suttin? That explains why you go to Hull.

Why would it encourage people to leave the city when the university is in the city, lol... I am wondering why you have even asked that question given the aforementioned. I've already explained the city is dia, yet all you seem fixated on is the University.

'Say suttin'
Reply 25
Bicycle!
Reply 26

Why would it encourage people to leave the city when the university is in the city, lol... I am wondering why you have even asked that question given the aforementioned. I've already explained the city is dia, yet all you seem fixated on is the University.

'Say suttin'

Suttin is slang... Thought you might know that

I go into the city centre, there are plenty of shops, decent nightlife, seems a good quality of life. I'd like to see what area you're basing this opinion of Hull on, because I just can't see it.

And nah, I go to Hull Uni because the business school is internationally recognised and I wanted to be close to home. I got an offer from the University of Manchester (not the met) too, but chose Hull mainly because it was closer like I previously stated

(Oh and your previous argument still doesn't make sense, you just waffled on about aload of irrelevant **** to defend your point)

Depends on your situation! Will you be living in halls, then for that reason I very much doubt it, especially if your on a campus based uni, then I doubt it!
however if you are far away from you lecturers, and other means of transport are costly, take too much time, and dont meet up to your expectations, then
I would say bring your car, but thats if you have the responsibility to take car while at uni, as I know 3 ppl already who have crashed their car at nite due
reasons including drinking and car races in Edinburgh which is absurd

(soz for the story if I bored you, you understand......)
Reply 28
I got mine, come a lot handy :biggrin:
It depends where. In London, Nottingham, Birmingham etc you definitely don't need a car. It isn't essential anywhere I guess. I didn't have my car at uni last year and relied on walking to places, buses and trains. It was a right mission walking to Asda but I survived. This year I have my car and while it's not necessary it's a big help because whenever I want to go home I can just jump in the car :biggrin:
Reply 30
If you take a car then expect people to mooch rides.
Reply 31
Original post by zKlown
Suttin is slang... Thought you might know that

I go into the city centre, there are plenty of shops, decent nightlife, seems a good quality of life. I'd like to see what area you're basing this opinion of Hull on, because I just can't see it.

And nah, I go to Hull Uni because the business school is internationally recognised and I wanted to be close to home. I got an offer from the University of Manchester (not the met) too, but chose Hull mainly because it was closer like I previously stated

(Oh and your previous argument still doesn't make sense, you just waffled on about aload of irrelevant **** to defend your point)

OK. Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If you can't understand what I previously said then that's a shame. You should of gone to Manchester.
Reply 32
OK. Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If you can't understand what I previously said then that's a shame. You should of gone to Manchester.

Hey, I go to Hull and know the difference between 'should have' and 'should of'. Hate being a grammar Nazi, but seen as you were basing your argument on zKlown's use of slang, that's a pretty poor mistake.
Reply 33
Original post by thombo1
Hey, I go to Hull and know the difference between 'should have' and 'should of'. Hate being a grammar Nazi, but seen as you were basing your argument on zKlown's use of slang, that's a pretty poor mistake.

'seen as you'? I wouldn't call that immaculate grammar either sir, and FYI it was nothing to do with his slang.
Anyone know if Brunel allows cars?? My brother just bought me one...think he would be a bit gutted if I didn't take it! :frown:
Reply 35
'seen as you'? I wouldn't call that immaculate grammar either sir, and FYI it was nothing to do with his slang.

Really? Didn't seem like it:

Have you ever actually been to Hull? Had a bad experience with someone from there? Because trashing it the way you are has no basis in fact. It's an ordinary British city, nothing special, but certainly not as terrible as you claim.

Where are you from? I notice you didn't answer that. Are you ashamed because it's (gasp) an ordinary British city as well?
They're not worth it. My housemate has one and uses it just once a fortnight to go home.
Reply 37
Oh it depends...... I have had cars for a long time and feel strange without one.

Therefore I did get one for the time I was in Aberystwyth. It made things a lot easier especially when you get your weekly groceries.

As for whether it is absolutely necessary, it depends whether you have any employment that would require you to use that car especially after dark when the buses stop running.

If you have a car and you can afford to have it with you, then I would say go on bring it to uni........ we buy cars to drive not park in the driveways :smile:
Why do the trolls always attack Hull? Especially as they've probably never even visited. Morons!
Reply 39
Original post by thombo1
Really? Didn't seem like it:

Have you ever actually been to Hull? Had a bad experience with someone from there? Because trashing it the way you are has no basis in fact. It's an ordinary British city, nothing special, but certainly not as terrible as you claim.

Where are you from? I notice you didn't answer that. Are you ashamed because it's (gasp) an ordinary British city as well?

I didn't answer because it bears no relevance. Don't cry because your argument fell flat on it's face due to your own poor grammar.

Of course I've been to hull, I wouldn't comment otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending