The Student Room Group

People who have never had any attentation at all. How do you cope?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babygirl110
I never got any attention while i was at school. I was this fat unattractive girl. I started getting attention and dating at uni.

I personally don't like attention, the less the better. I do like it when I fancy the person though. I haven't fancied anyone in ages though :frown:.

This gives hope to me. :ahee: :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by akash11
Yes even at 15 you were worries that only what 2-3 after you avarage teenage starts to date, I'm talking about people who are 17-18 + and have never had any one display any intest in them, by that age most people you know will have had some attention and I'm just wondering what does that feel like esspecially when were constanly told "love" (what ever that is) can only be found with a paticular person and yet their are people who will possiblly never have a relationship.

It makes you feel worthless, and then pathetic for thinking that you're worthless because no guy has never said anything nice to say to you. I thought this was the phase 12 year old girls went through, and at the time I thought I was pretty smart being above all of it. Kind of sucks when you have no male role models too. Always, the idea that if you're a girl then this is impossible and you must be physically ugly by definition of the high standards of teenage guys is another smack in the face.

It's not as if people care about what you've been through to make you a 'nice' person. I guess in my life I'm still stuck in a pit of mental trauma, but guys and other teenagers as a whole are more than happy to make sure you stay down there. Who gives a stuff about nice when you have fit tits and arse anyway :smile:
It depends. Sometimes I'll just get on my life and not even think about wanting a boyfriend, but at other times I often think too much about what I don't have and feel quite lonely. I'm still young though (17) so there's still time to find someone - however, it does get frustrating that I'm shy and don't actually approach guys because of my lack of confidence. I'm going through a phase at the moment where I really desire that feeling of affection and love that I have never experienced; I'm just hoping that I'll be more confident at uni.
Reply 23
Original post by imsobored.
It makes you feel worthless, and then pathetic for thinking that you're worthless because no guy has never said anything nice to say to you. I thought this was the phase 12 year old girls went through, and at the time I thought I was pretty smart being above all of it. Kind of sucks when you have no male role models too. Always, the idea that if you're a girl then this is impossible and you must be physically ugly by definition of the high standards of teenage guys is another smack in the face.

It's not as if people care about what you've been through to make you a 'nice' person. I guess in my life I'm still stuck in a pit of mental trauma, but guys and other teenagers as a whole are more than happy to make sure you stay down there. Who gives a stuff about nice when you have fit tits and arse anyway :smile:

I can empathises with what your saying but why do you fell that being "nice" entitles you to a guy, good enough looks entitle you to a partner (nearly ever one reaches this level of attrativeness). Good looks are such aan adavange as they help you find the best partner, just as another person could arguer intelligence buys a person wealth. Its all a game of inhernt adtvange, you probsbly goyt yours somewhere just not in the romantic arena. It puzzells me as to why you have this sence of entitlment that means being "nice" should get you a partner.
Reply 24
Video Games occupy me too much to worry.
Reply 25
Original post by akash11
I can empathises with what your saying but why do you fell that being "nice" entitles you to a guy, good enough looks entitle you to a partner (nearly ever one reaches this level of attrativeness). Good looks are such aan adavange as they help you find the best partner, just as another person could arguer intelligence buys a person wealth. Its all a game of inhernt adtvange, you probsbly goyt yours somewhere just not in the romantic arena. It puzzells me as to why you have this sence of entitlment that means being "nice" should get you a partner.

No....

I don't have a so called "sense of entitlment". I just find it stunning how a bad personality doesn't seem to be the end all be all for a lot of people, yet if you're not good looking you get treated like crap. I'm not talking about never getting noticed in a good way, it's also being looked down on.

I don't play games unlike a lot of girls, and the people I get on with. I say it how it is, and if I felt like I was entitled to some sort of affection I would have said so. Perhaps what would be more accurate is that I can't see why people seem to think I'm so undeserving of it even though I'm a nice person who hasn't gone out of their way to hurt anyone.
Reply 26
Original post by akash11
Yes even at 15 you were worries that only what 2-3 after you avarage teenage starts to date, I'm talking about people who are 17-18 + and have never had any one display any intest in them, by that age most people you know will have had some attention and I'm just wondering what does that feel like esspecially when were constanly told "love" (what ever that is) can only be found with a paticular person and yet their are people who will possiblly never have a relationship.

I went to a boys school until the age of 18 so didn't have any attention from the opposite sex.

I'm 21 and male now and have never pulled or been kissed or had any sexual relations with any woman before. I've never been asked out by a woman or been on a date either and haven't lost my virginity. It's not really a big deal though. I don't think I really need a 'coping strategy', lol!

There's so many other things in my life that distract me from that which to me are more important - like my work, my study, sports, computer games, literature etc. I imagine this is the case for alot of people.
You get used to it.
It doesn't particularly bother me most of the time tbh. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day and I make the mistake of spending too much time in H&R, I'm like "OMG, these 16 year olds have done way more than I have!" and wallow a bit. Otherwise, it doesn't bug me. Maybe that's just a cultural thing though, or coz I'm too ill to be bothered about such things? :dontknow:
bothers me
Original post by im so academic
This gives hope to me. :ahee: :frown:

Sadly looks can really change the way most guys respond and give attention to girls.

When I was at school I wore no make-up at all and was size 14/16 (11st). To make matters worse, I was short and I also had a poor dress sense.

When I got to uni I started wearing make-up and also shed the weight to 8st (size 10). I still have a poor dress sense but I just keep it plain and elegant e.g. pinafore and warp dresses because I can't go wrong with such.

Anyway to cut a long story short, guys started giving me loads of attention when I shed the weight. I think it's also because before my face was chubby and plump but then when the pounds fell off, it became more defined.

Sadly looks can really change the way most guys respond and give attention to girls.

When I was at school I wore no make-up at all and was size 14/16 (11st). To make matters worse, I was short and I also had a poor dress sense.

When I got to uni I started wearing make-up and also shed the weight to 8st (size 10). I still have a poor dress sense but I just keep it plain and elegant e.g. pinafore and warp dresses because I can't go wrong with such.

Anyway to cut a long story short, guys started giving me loads of attention when I shed the weight. I think it's also because before my face was chubby and plump but then when the pounds fell off, it became more defined.

I'm size 8 (albeit 4'11). Is that OK?
I fill in my inadequacy and the tragic, lonely hole in my life by going on TSR and making sarcastic remarks while overusing the ':rolleyes:' smiley.
(edited 13 years ago)

Aww, you're tiny. Have you hit puberty yet? :holmes:
I dont think I have had attention from guys and dont feel I would settle on the ugliest guy either I would rather settle on nothing then stare at a ugly guy and think ewww for the rest of my life. Not saying I am that pretty myself, I think its my character actually i cannot be serious and immature practically all the time and childish too but I am proud of this trait as i know that i can learn to become mature but people who behave life adults can never become children and enjoy life as it is. Hmm I like to think its because I am not interested so they get the point also maybe because i can seem really cold at times. Hmm no actually i think if i was to find a partner in the future i would probably find them annoying for getting involved too much.

I think size 8 is really great for that height. I guess the point I was trying to make is that the reason I never got any attention is because I was chubby and so unattractive.
Reply 36
You get no attention. Start wearing different clothes maybe, wear the odd thing that makes you standout from the crowd.

Also I thought no one talks about me, most people are shy. You will be surprised the amount of girls that want to **** you but have not revealed it to YOUR face.

Change your attitude to be more outgoing and easy to talk to.

EDIT: Just read you don't give a ****, tips might help if you want to change. Your 18 now, buckle up son.
Original post by lovely_me
Aww, you're tiny. Have you hit puberty yet? :holmes:

I know I'm tiny. :nothing: Quite saddening in a way.

Hit puberty a few years ago. :rolleyes:

I think size 8 is really great for that height. I guess the point I was trying to make is that the reason I never got any attention is because I was chubby and so unattractive.

That's great then. :h: But I do get what you mean, obviously women get more attention if they're pretty and everything. :smile:

But you give me hope that if I don't get attention now, I could potentially get it when I'm older. :yep:
I don't know if I count but, no one is interested in a relationship with me and im 18 but i'm friends with everyone. I'm 5'10 and size 12 and people come up to me in clubs which I don't take as interest because everyone is groped in clubs.

I don't really long for the attenton but it does make me thik that there is something wrong with me.
I had an upside down masturbation party on Nelson's collumn.

Got me some of that attention I was trying to whore up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending