The Student Room Group

What are the chances of this seriously?

Okay well I always get these hunches on certain things such as sports results and alot of the time I am right, even with really bizarre results. I also seem to be able to predict alot of random stuff too, which can be about anything.

Anyway as one good example of me 'predicting/estimating' something I was just drinking a 2 litre bottle of milk and just as I went to pour the last amount in the bottle into a cup, a thought came into my head that it would fill the cup exactly.
Now the cup I am using isn't a regular cup I normally use and it is very wide and cone shaped and when I poured the milk it filled the cup exactly, right to the very brim. One more drop of milk and it would have over-flowed.
It's to complete perfection, and I find this somewhat worrying. I get alot of these kind of thoughts that are almost always correct, on random things. I normally forget them quickly, but I may start noting them down in this thread lol.

I am always either really lucky or really unlucky as well. Even other people have picked up on me being really lucky even when I was younger. I just wana be normal dammit.

Edit: I knew someone would neg me :biggrin: and I sense an overwhelming amount of jealous folk

Edit 2: I am often good at guessing the time to the minute especially with digital clocks. And it's always certain times I can predict. Yeh.... I guess I won't be needing my rolex soon.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think that being able to predict how much milk fills your cup will impair your life too much...what part of this is actually an issue?
Reply 2
You inherited Paul the Octopus's psychic powers. Congratulations.
Reply 3
Lacto-kinesis!! xD
okay that made no sense/was irrelevant....
you're so cool.
Reply 4
Original post by Siobherz
I don't think that being able to predict how much milk fills your cup will impair your life too much...what part of this is actually an issue?

I get these feeling about important things too lol. Sometimes I don't really listen to them or believe them. I often know if I'm making a bad choice even though I have nothing to go on, and I end up being right.

But I just want to know the chances of filling say a 350ml cone shaped cup to within 0.5ml of milk from a 2l carton. These things keep happening to me and I want some respect dammit :stomp:
(edited 13 years ago)
wow.
no really, wow.
Reply 6
Original post by mimimimi
You inherited Paul the Octopus's psychic powers. Congratulations.

Omg thanks for bringing this up. From the beginning I said Holland would win (like 2 weeks b4 comp) Then in the last 16 I was looking through a wall chart in the paper when my brain just went to a random box and said that team would win, without even seeing the team name. It was like an impulsive thought, based on no reasoning whatsoever, It was Spain lol :biggrin:
LIFE MUST BE SO HARD FOR YOU.

Get to a bookies, you either make lots of money and enjoy yourself, or lose lots of money and ditch the silly idea you're psychic.
Reply 8
Original post by TheSingingMute
LIFE MUST BE SO HARD FOR YOU.

Get to a bookies, you either make lots of money and enjoy yourself, or lose lots of money and ditch the silly idea you're psychic.

The thoughts are almost impulsive though I suppose. I'll be thinking about a basic aspect of something then out of nowhere I'll get a very specific impulsive thought about a similar aspect. It's fcuking mad as fcuk sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by supernova92
wow.
no really, wow.

Hey :wink: I'm running out of milk, can you help me out?
Reply 10
OK? :dontknow:
You probably subconsciously calculated the volume of milk and the volume of the cup. The brain's quite powerful that way.
Reply 12
I can do that too! For instance, I predict your age to be... Between 13 and 15. And you have no friends and convince yourself you have superpowers to avoid the depressing reality that nobody likes you because you're weird.

Am I right? :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by sandys1000
You probably subconsciously calculated the volume of milk and the volume of the cup. The brain's quite powerful that way.

Filling a 350ml cup to within a drop of it over-flowing is the daily norm for me these days it seems :biggrin:. I am good at spacial awareness I believe though so it may explain it I guess, but still very random. I have good reactions too; even if i don't see an object falling from my shelf, but hear it, I can catch it.
Original post by Lamps08
Hey :wink: I'm running out of milk, can you help me out?

I'm sure you have more than enough of your own milk :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by Lamps08

Original post by Lamps08
Okay well I always get these hunches on certain things such as sports results and alot of the time I am right, even with really bizarre results. I also seem to be able to predict alot of random stuff too, which can be about anything.

Anyway as one good example of me 'predicting/estimating' something I was just drinking a 2 litre bottle of milk and just as I went to pour the last amount in the bottle into a cup, a thought came into my head that it would fill the cup exactly.
Now the cup I am using isn't a regular cup I normally use and it is very wide and cone shaped and when I poured the milk it filled the cup exactly, right to the very brim. One more drop of milk and it would have over-flowed.
It's to complete perfection, and I find this somewhat worrying. I get alot of these kind of thoughts that are almost always correct, on random things. I normally forget them quickly, but I may start noting them down in this thread lol.

I am always either really lucky or really unlucky as well. Even other people have picked up on me being really lucky even when I was younger. I just wana be normal dammit.

Edit: I knew someone would neg me :biggrin: and I sense an overwhelming amount of jealous folk

I get the exact same thing.
Dont mind these jealous/ignorant people
with great power comes great responsibility
Reply 17
Original post by Bobifier
I can do that too! For instance, I predict your age to be... Between 13 and 15. And you have no friends and convince yourself you have superpowers to avoid the depressing reality that nobody likes you because you're weird.

Am I right? :wink:

I didn't ask for these powers man. Explain the milk thing to me. To within a drop, a ****ing drop man.
If you're such a lucky person, why are you spending your evening sitting on here? Why have you not made millions and are not out banging loads of people?
Clear case of recollection bias.

Quick Reply

Latest