The Student Room Group

Would you kill and eat your pet if you were starving to death?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I would.

Though do we have a hob and a spice rack in this desert or not?
Original post by Psyk
It's the only reason I have pets.

I'm kidding, I don't have any pets.

Anymore...
Reply 102
Original post by Awesomeosaurus
You'd make the worst Dr Who ever.

I don't get the reference. I've only watched a few episodes of Doctor Who, thought it was rubbish.
Reply 103
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
Anymore...

It was natural causes honestly...

My last pet (a dog) did actually nearly die while under my care. I say nearly, she did die but just after my parents came back from holiday. Not my fault, she was really old, and I didn't eat her:tongue:
Reply 104

I'd have to uy a pet first but yeah sure, I'm willing to experiment.
Reply 105
I would make the cat leave before it got to that situation. He's been far too good a companion for that to enter my mind.

But then, seeing as he is a cat, we probably wouldn't starve. He'd be bringing stuff to me (as he does anyway) - the difference being that I'd cook what he brought home.
Without hesitation.
I eat my pets everyday.

Then again I live on a farm.
No way, I love my pet dog I've had him since he was born and I've grown up with him....couldn't even think of such a thing.

If we both ever do find ourselves in a situation where we're both starving, I'd do everything in my power to ensure both of our survival. If I find food, whatever little it may be, I will half it and give it to him.
Reply 109
If it started to look like I'd never find any food, I'd let my dog go free. I couldn't bare to eat him.
Reply 110
It depends on if there's the possibility of more food later. If it's going to be able to see me through till then, then it's quite likely that I would.

If however, it's just one more meal, and then back to starving and no hope of food, that changes everything.
Reply 111
No, because by the time I was starving to death, it would have been days since I had slaughtered the last animal close to hand for food.
Reply 112
I'm gonna answer this question later tonight. not hungry now, just had breakfast.
Nope. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it with any animal that was there, let alone my pets.
no
Reply 115
Right now I would say no. But in the desperation of the situation who knows :dontknow:
i'd like to think not, especially considering she only weighs three pounds so that wouldn't be much food, but you never know. our nature instinct is to survive, and if people in the past have eaten family members for food, who's to say we wouldn't eat our own pets?
Me dieing...

Or the cat dieing...

Dinner time. :borat:
Reply 118
I don't think there's much meat to be had off a presumably starving cat. Also I think by that point they'd be faster than me.
hell no!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending