Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by damidude
I get the exact same thing.
Dont mind these jealous/ignorant people

Is there a name for this condition?
Reply 21
Original post by Crazy Paving
If you're such a lucky person, why are you spending your evening sitting on here? Why have you not made millions and are not out banging loads of people?

The thing is I am also really unlucky at times too, and I haven't really utilised my predictions yet.I'm usually really unlucky when I go against my predictions though for one reason or another. It's not like I am constantly thinking of things though. They are just impulse thoughts really. I'm going to start recording things down so I can see if there is really anything in it.
yh sometimes i get it to but its a little different like i can sense when something bads gonna happen like if im sneaking out or something i can tell the day when im gonna b caught or if im not ....its weird but ive never been in trouble cas im always prepared :P
Original post by Lamps08

Original post by Lamps08
The thing is I am also really unlucky at times too, and I haven't really utilised my predictions yet.I'm usually really unlucky when I go against my predictions though for one reason or another. It's not like I am constantly thinking of things though. They are just impulse thoughts really. I'm going to start recording things down so I can see if there is really anything in it.

So you just need to work on your confidence. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by cool_beans1993
yh sometimes i get it to but its a little different like i can sense when something bads gonna happen like if im sneaking out or something i can tell the day when im gonna b caught or if im not ....its weird but ive never been in trouble cas im always prepared :P

lol- we cud make a good team
Reply 25
All I'm saying is that ALOT of very unlikely things seem to happen in my life. I'm not even really saying I caused them or predicted them, but I definately think there is some sort of psychological aspect involved or something dictating these events, and that it's not just random events. Got any milk?
Reply 26
I ran out of milk, and I'm still thirsty....
Reply 27
Original post by Lamps08
Is there a name for this condition?

No, but im guessing its something related to ESP
Oh for the love of God, you are not psychic. You just happen to have had a few lucky guesses now and then. I bet there are several other times you have had these random thoughts, but they haven't turned out to be true. Hence, you have forgotten. You remember the correct ones, and this gives you an inaccurate idea of how often you are correct. Just like everyone else, in reality, you are not correct much more than the mathematical average of success in random guessing.
Reply 29
are you out of misfts by any chance??
Original post by supernova92
I'm sure you have more than enough of your own milk :wink:

by milk did you mean david seamen
Reply 31
Original post by Blueflare
Oh for the love of God, you are not psychic. You just happen to have had a few lucky guesses now and then. I bet there are several other times you have had these random thoughts, but they haven't turned out to be true. Hence, you have forgotten. You remember the correct ones, and this gives you an inaccurate idea of how often you are correct. Just like everyone else, in reality, you are not correct much more than the mathematical average of success in random guessing.

Okay but I don't think of loads of very specific scenario's to get a good enough average. That's why I would like to know the chances of the milk incident happening, so say if something equally unlikely happens within say the next 2 weeks, I could safely say it is not random.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lamps08
lol- we cud make a good team

lol yes :biggrin: except i dont think im that lucky im only lucky when it comes to me doing something behind my parents back not generally :P
Original post by Lamps08
Okay but I don't think of loads of very specific scenario's to get a good enough average. That's why I would like to know the chances of the milk incident happening, so say if something equally unlikely happens within say the next 2 weeks, I could safely say it is not random.

:facepalm:

No, you could not safely say it's not random. You are looking for patterns which are not there.

Okay, so it is unlikely that you could accurately estimate the amount of milk in the bottle. However, it is infinitely more likely that you accurately estimated the amount of milk than the bottle than that you are psychic.
And on other occasions you get it wrong.

But you wouldn't remember those occasions as they're not significant.

The wonder of probability and how the human mind interprets it.
Original post by Lamps08
I ran out of milk, and I'm still thirsty....

You weren't even able to predict the amount of milk required to quench your thirst. You're just bloody useless.
Reply 36
Do you see dead people?
Reply 37
Original post by sixthformer
by milk did you mean david seamen

Something tells me you're gonna do well in Chemistry this yr :yep:
Reply 38
Original post by Wilzyy
Lacto-kinesis!! xD

The ability to move milk?
Reply 39
Original post by mimimimi
You inherited Paul the Octopus's psychic powers. Congratulations.

And look what happened to him...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending