The Student Room Group

Bf present........

Anon so he doesn't see it haha........

I don't really know what his fave fragrance is and would be nice to find him a nice new one sooo......I was wondering does anyone know where I could get loads of samples of mens fragrances? Other than ebay? I looked and they have 15 samples for £13.99 plus £3 something postage....is that a good deal considering they are just pouches? Can't you get samples free from the supplier?

Any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Boots do a selection of mens perfumes. On boxing day they're half price (usually £18), but if you go to the perfume section of some department stores or perfume shops they sometimes give out small samples.
Reply 2
Why do you want sample fragrances? Just to see what they're like?

My top 3:

Paco Robanne - Millionaire
Armani Attitude
Gucci Homme II
Original post by Anonymous

I don't really know what his fave fragrance is and would be nice to find him a nice new one sooo......I was wondering does anyone know where I could get loads of samples of mens fragrances? Other than ebay? I looked and they have 15 samples for £13.99 plus £3 something postage....is that a good deal considering they are just pouches? Can't you get samples free from the supplier?

Any ideas?

one word..... Boots
Reply 4
Original post by TravelGuru

My top 3:

Armani Attitude
Gucci Homme II

Because he's got his favourites he buys already so I want to see if there's any new ones that he likes. I doubt he'd enjoy being dragged around the shops so if I get him a selection he can decide and i'll buy him it.
Reply 5

My top 3:

Armani Attitude
Gucci Homme II

Ok so this is really anal, but its actually Paco Rabanne - One million.

Sorry, I work in the fragrance section of John Lewis and for some random reason it really irritates me when people call it Millionaire :s-smilie: Although it is a lovely one :smile:

God I sound like a dick :tongue:
Reply 6
Oh and also the Hugo Boss ones. Boss bottled and Boss bottled night are my favourites :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rachelll=)
Ok so this is really anal, but its actually Paco Rabanne - One million.

Sorry, I work in the fragrance section of John Lewis and for some random reason it really irritates me when people call it Millionaire :s-smilie: Although it is a lovely one :smile:

God I sound like a dick :tongue:

Yes you do, you John Lewis snob!
If I were you, I'd go to somewhere like Boots and test out a few, and just pick one that you think he'll like :yep: It's more like a ''proper'' present that way, and unless he's really fussy about what he wears I'm sure he'd like it.

Buying loads of samples seems like a waste of money, and there's bound to be a few in there that aren't very nice, that's usually the case with women's.
Reply 9
Yes you do, you John Lewis snob!

Ahaha sorry. I tried to resist, but just couldn't :P Why are people who work at JL snobs? :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Ahaha sorry. I tried to resist, but just couldn't :P Why are people who work at JL snobs? :s-smilie:

You're right. You're not a snob for working at John Lewis, you're more of a peasant! The shoppers are snobbs. Sorry darling.
Reply 11
Original post by Sakura-Chan
If I were you, I'd go to somewhere like Boots and test out a few, and just pick one that you think he'll like :yep: It's more like a ''proper'' present that way, and unless he's really fussy about what he wears I'm sure he'd like it.

Buying loads of samples seems like a waste of money, and there's bound to be a few in there that aren't very nice, that's usually the case with women's.

He is mega fussy! He's hard to buy for which is why I though i'd let him try quite a few out and they are popular brands but like you said £14 seems steep for such a small amount!

I can't get proper samples from boots because they just spray those cards =/ which don't look presentable enough.

Also it's not like a main present, i've bought him two other things that were quite expensive. It's more an extra.
He is mega fussy! He's hard to buy for which is why I though i'd let him try quite a few out and they are popular brands but like you said £14 seems steep for such a small amount!

I can't get proper samples from boots because they just spray those cards =/ which don't look presentable enough.

Also it's not like a main present, i've bought him two other things that were quite expensive. It's more an extra.

When I mentioned Boots, I meant for you to smell to see what's nice, with a view to buying a full sized one for him :smile: Not taking him home a big pile of tester cards :p:

Ah okay, that makes it a bit more difficult. Out of the ones you've already looked at, what brands/fragrances do they include? :smile:
You're right. You're not a snob for working at John Lewis, you're more of a peasant! The shoppers are snobbs. Sorry darling.

Haha thats ok. And you're right the majority of people that some there are rich idiots who expect You to jump to every tiny need they may have. I should really start posting in the 'annoying customers' thread...
Reply 14
Haha thats ok. And you're right the majority of people that some there are rich idiots who expect You to jump to every tiny need they may have. I should really start posting in the 'annoying customers' thread...

Hehe. I can't talk, I shop at Waitrose! Muahahaha.
Reply 15
Original post by Sakura-Chan
When I mentioned Boots, I meant for you to smell to see what's nice, with a view to buying a full sized one for him :smile: Not taking him home a big pile of tester cards :p:

Ah okay, that makes it a bit more difficult. Out of the ones you've already looked at, what brands/fragrances do they include? :smile:

Haha I know but someone mentioned boots before you, I was going to make that point that they don't do proper samples but quoted you to answer :smile:

The one i've got my eye on includes.......

Armani - Diamonds, Juicy couture - Dirty English, Paul Smith - Story, Diesel - Only the brave, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jasper Conran, Joop, Paco Rabanne - Ultraviolet + one million, Davidoff coolwater + Champion.....

To name a few haha.

Thanks for being helpful :smile: x
Diesel- Fuel for Life :sexface:
pick the one you like the smell of, that youthink he'll like too!
i think presents are not just about showing someone how much you care, but also how well you know them :smile:
use your initiative :biggrin:
xxx

Any ideas?
1 million, that smells so sexy :coma:
Reply 19
Thank you kind lady

Quick Reply

Latest