The Student Room Group

What are you buying your boyfriend/girlfriend for christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Title says it aaaall.
I'm hoping to score a few sneaky hints at ideas with this for my boyfriend haha.

... GO! :]

I've got him a 'charity gift' - 'plant 40 rainforest trees' - from the RSPB (he loves nature, helping the environment etc), I've also got him a book by David Lynch (one of his favourite directors) about his creative influences, and a speaker shaped like a mushroom, because he loves mushrooms :smile:
Ive got him lots of smellies, a scarf, 5 t shirts, boxers, and other stuff I can't remember :frown: It's all wrapped so I have no idea.
Reply 62
Got my boyfriend a 5 day trip to Paris in early jan for his 21st which was a week ago, but sort of part of his xmas present as well. also bought him the new assassins creed on xbox, 2 blu ray dvds and a lush oriental dining set from boots today!
deathnote bag, i was meant to get it for his bday but it came later then expected :rofl2:

those kinda bead necklace things he likes and one million aftershave :coma:

im getting the latter after xmas coz i am officially broke as hell
Original post by flowermaster91
deathnote bag, i was meant to get it for his bday but it came later then expected :rofl2:

those kinda bead necklace things he likes and one million aftershave :coma:

im getting the latter after xmas coz i am officially broke as hell

I got my boyfriend 1 Million last year, it's :coma::coma::coma:

I've got him a Hank Green CD and a digital photo keychain. I'm going to buy him some nice jeans or a blazer when we go shopping together after Christmas, too, and bake him Hummingbird Bakery's raspberry cheesecake brownie <3
Reply 65
Original post by WelshLily
Got my boyfriend a 5 day trip to Paris in early jan for his 21st which was a week ago, but sort of part of his xmas present as well. also bought him the new assassins creed on xbox, 2 blu ray dvds and a lush oriental dining set from boots today!

Fantastic choice of gifts, it's a good mix! I've not come across many girls who know the right gifts to get for their guys.

I got my girlfriend a versace handbag which she's been wanting for years, it's such a good feeling being 100% sure your gift will be loved :yep:
Original post by lexafish
I'm getting him a DVD and an FML book for his stockings, and he's asked for ipod speakers for our anniversary and Christmas.

I feel sorry for him- anniversary, Christmas and my birthday are all within a week. At least I have 6 months to think up new presents for him.
I know that he's probably getting me one present for all 3, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll sparkle.

don't get your hopes up.. he is male
Reply 67
Two DVDs, three DVD season boxsets, two Burton tops and a shirt and tie (more for my perverted benefit than his), a loo roll with thousands of 'things you didn't know' printed on it, an old PS1 game he got excited about remembering his misspent youth, SOCKS (he makes holes in them, so a v. practical present), a glass shot glass chess set and a Pokemon keyring. Gah. I adore him.
Reply 68
A recipe book.
Reply 69
Original post by Absinth
Painted this http://typo711.deviantart.com/#/d35568v

Also some books which Amazon have not yet delivered! Will buy something in the shops tomorrow hopefully too.

That's a nice painting! Although, how is it snowing without any visible clouds?
Reply 70
Bones series 1-6 dvd box set
2 DVDs, a book, a nice bottle of Port and a framed football picture thing but that last one hasn't come through yet. :mad:
He's very hard to buy for as he gets everything he wants himself.
After reading this thread the presents I bought my boyfriend feel so inadequate...
I've bought him a lambswool sweater, socks and a "Marmite" mug.
Last year I bought him a £120 Leatherman knife, but I'm broke this year!
Reply 74
Original post by lexafish
I'm getting him a DVD and an FML book for his stockings, and he's asked for ipod speakers for our anniversary and Christmas.

I feel sorry for him- anniversary, Christmas and my birthday are all within a week. At least I have 6 months to think up new presents for him.
I know that he's probably getting me one present for all 3, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll sparkle.

It's the same for me :frown: our anniversary, then christmas, then his birthday all within one week. I feel poor.
Reply 75
I bought her an iPad, she has wanted one since its launch.

Just perfect for her, now she won't be having any excuse to whine at me for making her wait in the car when I tell her to get me from work and something unexpected happens and she has to wait :biggrin:

But she does not know she is getting an iPad as I put it into a box meant for a Tefal frying pan :biggrin:

But I still need to get her another gift as her birthday is on Boxing Day.
Reply 76
Original post by Bubbles93
If he's into guitars if you search around you can get personalised guitar picks
I did that for my boyfriend a few years ago and he loved it, got a picture of us on them, quite cheap as well for the amount you get :smile:
Problem is theres no way I can ever out do that present now

I did that too :smile:

I got him a guitar pick, a T-shirt, a book, a candy cane, and some honeycomb. Haha. He's also getting a "long-term loan" of my iPod since for Christmas I'm getting a new one.

Original post by Iorek
I bought her an iPad, she has wanted one since its launch.

Just perfect for her, now she won't be having any excuse to whine at me for making her wait in the car when I tell her to get me from work and something unexpected happens and she has to wait :biggrin:

But she does not know she is getting an iPad as I put it into a box meant for a Tefal frying pan :biggrin:

But I still need to get her another gift as her birthday is on Boxing Day.

I love the idea of putting it in a different box! That's great! :rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by missygeorgia
Urgh, nightmare. I have to make him a stocking so I have to get loadsss. I don't mind the money or anything, it's just thinking of good things to get him. So far I'm thinking I'll get-

Moleskine diary
Risk board game
a mousemat/mug with his face on
a graphic novel (any suggestions welcome)
some kind of complicated lego thing that you build (again, any suggestions..?)
silly putty
some fancy cooking sauces
Periodic table mug

then, like, some chocolates, some sweets, a couple of books and a couple of dvds and some nice running socks or something

...Seriously, are you going out with someone or grooming a young child?
Reply 78
And on topic, I'm getting her a proffesional makeup brush kit (shes a beauty therapist with an interest in makeup artisty so pretty much perfect)
Reply 79
Perfume, Nintendo DS, Scarf, Cashmere Jumper, Books/Films, forgot what else I've wrapped actually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending