The Student Room Group

Fancy My Psychologist!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumanNature1992
How is your life ****ed up? Because you fancy a 45 year old woman? There are kids starving in Sub-Saharan Africa that go weeks without eating - their life is ****ed up, not yours.

Secondly, what is it that you expect to gain from making this thread? We've all had inappropriate crushes. Just get over it - no need to make a thread on how you fancy old people. k?

My life is ****ed up because my mother is dead after having schizophrenia for most of her and my life, and my father is a paedophile, who is also mentally ill.

If you can't be bothered with me, then don't comment on my threads, k?
Reply 61
How is your life ****ed up? Because you fancy a 45 year old woman? There are kids starving in Sub-Saharan Africa that go weeks without eating - their life is ****ed up, not yours.

Secondly, what is it that you expect to gain from making this thread? We've all had inappropriate crushes. Just get over it - no need to make a thread on how you fancy old people. k?

Kane told me to tell indigo girl to "stop whining - The very fact she is breathing is something to be happy about. The very fact she has a computer to type up her troubles is something to be happy about."

Not my words, so dont shoot the messenger....
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
My life is ****ed up because my mother is dead after having schizophrenia for most of her and my life, and my father is a paedophile, who is also mentally ill.

If you can't be bothered with me, then don't comment on my threads, k?

How on Earth is that related to this thread at all? You made a thread about fancying your Psychologist - thats it. That's all information that you've given us. What do you want anyone on this thread to say, i'm just trying to shed some light on why the majority of people on this thread think you're a troll.
Original post by yousif92
Kane told me to tell indigo girl to "stop whining - The very fact she is breathing is something to be happy about. The very fact she has a computer to type up her troubles is something to be happy about."

Why don't you try not being a heartless douche? I don't think telling someone about the death of my mother etc. counts as whining tbh :dontknow:
How on Earth is that related to this thread at all? You made a thread about fancying your Psychologist - thats it. That's all information that you've given us. What do you want anyone on this thread to say, i'm just trying to shed some light on why the majority of people on this thread think you're a troll.

It's not related to the thread, but you specifically asked me how my life was ****ed up, and that is why.

And I don't want anyone to do anything; if you read the OP, it says I just needed to vent and hear what other people think, so :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
Don't tell me you fancy him as well? :zomg:

That just made me laugh hysterically! :rofl:

Yeah OP, it's a bit weird to think about but it really is fairly common. I never fancied my- oh God, this sounds worse than yours- psychiatrist but I remember looking forward to our sessions because he was the first professional who 'got' me and we like recommended books to each other and stuff. Oh and I was totally heart broken when he buggered off and I had to explain my issues all over again to someone new! I was fond of him in a he's my balding-short-ass-psych-who's-actually-good-at-his-job sort of way but did I fancy him? Hell to the no!

I probably now sound like a total nutter for having a psychiatrist but I don't know what you want us to say. It's 'normal'? Well it's not totally abnormal, telling someone who listens to you intimate details will make you feel close in a way talking to Joe Bloggs down the street about his binbags won't. You can't and won't act on it so all you can do is wait it out, change therapists (probably not helpful if you've built up a rapport) or- and this will be so embarrassing- but tell her about it. It would be *so* awkward I can't even imagine it but she might have some insights into it! :tongue: You won't do that (I bloody wouldn't!) so all you can do is hope it goes away!
It's not related to the thread, but you specifically sked me how my life was ****ed up, and that is why. :s-smilie:

Then I also asked why you felt the need to make this thread - what did you think you'd get out of it? Also your life could be worse, I know people who've had it alot worse - my sympathy goes to you however.
Original post by yousif92

What can I say dude

Then I also asked why you felt the need to make this thread - what did you think you'd get out of it? Also your life could be worse, I know people who've had it alot worse - my sympathy goes to you however.

Someone is always going to have it worse than you, it doesn't mean your own problems are insignificant.

And I don't want anyone to do anything; if you read the OP, it says I just needed to vent and hear what other people think, so :dontknow:
Original post by diamonddust
That just made me laugh hysterically! :rofl:

Yeah OP, it's a bit weird to think about but it really is fairly common. I never fancied my- oh God, this sounds worse than yours- psychiatrist but I remember looking forward to our sessions because he was the first professional who 'got' me and we like recommended books to each other and stuff. Oh and I was totally heart broken when he buggered off and I had to explain my issues all over again to someone new! I was fond of him in a he's my balding-short-ass-psych-who's-actually-good-at-his-job sort of way but did I fancy him? Hell to the no!

I probably now sound like a total nutter for having a psychiatrist but I don't know what you want us to say. It's 'normal'? Well it's not totally abnormal, telling someone who listens to you intimate details will make you feel close in a way talking to Joe Bloggs down the street about his binbags won't. You can't and won't act on it so all you can do is wait it out, change therapists (probably not helpful if you've built up a rapport) or- and this will be so embarrassing- but tell her about it. It would be *so* awkward I can't even imagine it but she might have some insights into it! :tongue: You won't do that (I bloody wouldn't!) so all you can do is hope it goes away!

Haha x Thanks for the good advice :smile: and you don't sound like a nutter, I think everyone would benefit from therapy, everyone has some kind of issues :smile: x
Reply 70
Indigo, what are you looking for when you make these thread. A diverse pool of opinions? Or what you would like to hear.

Legitimate question.
Its okay OP, i fancy my coworker who is a Doctor.
But that doesn't mean i'll act on it.
Im sure you'll get over it, its not like you love her already or something.
Reply 72
Ok so I'm a girl, I'm bisexual, I have a psychologist, and SHE is about 45. I know this isn't normal, but the weird thing is, I always tend to like both men and women who are from the ages of about 30 to 55. Anyway, it's kind of awkward for me, especially as I feel like she can tell, being a psychologist and all : /

Even though at first when I met her, I wasn't attracted to her in any way, you know, because she is a 45 year old woman, and I just hadn't thought of any 45 year old women in that way before, now I just think she is incredibly sexy, and I get really nervous when I think about it, but when I just kind of forget that i like her, she suddenly becomes a non- sexual being again :s-smilie: it's just weird!

I realise that this is a common occurrence between therapists and patients, but it's still awkward : /

Anyway just needed to vent :smile: x

EDIT: You troll- hunters are really annoying! If you think I'm a troll, leave! Give other people a chance to actually help me! :rolleyes:

You should see another psychologist to fix this problem of yours
Original post by Roo Bix
Indigo, what are you looking for when you make these thread. A diverse pool of opinions? Or what you would like to hear.

Legitimate question.

I just want to hear what other people genuinely think, without a load of people calling me troll and randomly being douchey :dontknow:
I just want to hear what other people genuinely think, without a load of people calling me troll and randomly being douchey :dontknow:

Can I just ask: are you sure the attraction to her (and why not cast this wider: to the 30+ men and women you feel attracted to in general) is sexual? I know you say you look at her sometimes and think how sexy she is, but it's possible to note that someone is attractive-looking without being attracted to them :yes:

Are you confusing sexual attraction with attachment issues? :dontknow:
Reply 75

This is fine! But from reading your replies and other replies, it's like you have this tendency to either rage at something you don't want to read, or honour a post you do like to read, almost like your selective in what you interpret.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Can I just ask: are you sure the attraction to her (and why not cast this wider: to the 30+ men and women you feel attracted to in general) is sexual? I know you say you look at her sometimes and think how sexy she is, but it's possible to note that someone is attractive-looking without being attracted to them :yes:

Are you confusing sexual attraction with attachment issues? :dontknow:

No, I'm not sure, you may well be right, but I do sometimes see attractive people without being attracted to them, and I do think of her (and other people I have posted about) in a sexual way, so :dontknow:
Original post by Roo Bix
This is fine! But from reading your replies and other replies, it's like you have this tendency to either rage at something you don't want to read, or honour a post you do like to read, almost like your selective in what you interpret.

You're right : /
But it's just that when people are being (imo) unnecessarily rude, and accusing me of things and making judgements about me, I get really angry.
No, I'm not sure, you may well be right, but I do sometimes see attractive people without being attracted to them, and I do think of her (and other people I have posted about) in a sexual way, so :dontknow:

Fair enough, was just wondering :yes:
It's really common to think you're attracted to someone like a psychologist. You feel close to them because you tell them a lot of things that you don't tell anyone else- but in reality, if you were to see them outside of the patient/doctor scenario, you'd be very unlikely to still feel the same way about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending