The Student Room Group

Are there any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who like younger guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xayshx
tbh even bein a year or two older than the guy puts me right off. :/

Why is this, though? if you really liked a guy, why would you care about him being 2years younger
Reply 21
The hypocrisy in this thread is absolutely astounding.

I swear, a similar thread but with girls and older guys was created not long ago, and half of them were slated for having daddy issues or harshly judging younger guys.

Younger girls "play games"... what a load of bull****.
Reply 22
Original post by bloomblaze
Why is this, though? if you really liked a guy, why would you care about him being 2years younger

i know what you mean. i dunno what it is though..guess it just feels wrong..like im some kinda pedo :s im not saying im right, its just always been in my head to see older guys?
Original post by xayshx
i know what you mean. i dunno what it is though..guess it just feels wrong..like im some kinda pedo :s im not saying im right, its just always been in my head to see older guys?

Many women in society feel the shame as you. Its a complete shame that they feel this way, it really is- and i cant understand why women think this way.
I like the idea of dating older women. Though On saying that, i still wouldnt rule any girl out because of age (within reason obviously). Its a shame girls are closed minded because of some number.
Reply 24
Original post by bloomblaze
Many women in society feel the shame as you. Its a complete shame that they feel this way, it really is- and i cant understand why women think this way.
I like the idea of dating older women. Though On saying that, i still wouldnt rule any girl out because of age (within reason obviously). Its a shame girls are closed minded because of some number.

maybe it is a little old fashioned i dunno..i think in a way it could be what others would be thinking about it.
plus im in uni right now, if i got with a guy 2 years younger, he'd still be in 6th form...i would find that kind of disturbin..i'd feel sooo ooolllld :|
Reply 25
Original post by Beadle's About
You gonna ask her out?

Working towards it

Original post by Jake22
23 and 25? That's not really a significant age difference.

Then again, maybe I think slightly differently to some people on here because I don't see, say the difference between 20 and 30 as being so pronounced either. I have been out with women upto around 11 years older than myself but I have just never really seen them as 'older' if that makes sense. I mean, I find it weird that some of the 18 year olds who have just started uni consider me 'old' at 25... I guess I went straight into work and shared housing outside of a university area when I left school so I was used to mixing more widely from a younger age. I think when you are at school and then university and are constantly surrounded by people almost exactly the same age as you it makes you more bothered about how old the people you hang out with/date are.

yea I dont think its that big of an age gap hence why I asked if it counted
Its natural for younger women to be attracted to older males, once they get into their 30s it will change a bit, a 21 year old girl would probably find an 17 year old male too young, but a 33 year old female wouldn't be a problem with a 29 year old male as she will respect him as being mature enough to be at her level.

I would say with older women theres a big difference depending on whether or not they have children of pre-teenage age. When a woman has a young child then her instincts switch towards nurturing the child and she loses some sexual energy imo, her instincts are not telling her to find a mate and breed, like they are to a woman without a child. However once her youngest child is getting into the age of independence, older teens etc, then the sexual energy can come back.

You do find fiesty confident women in their 30s, usually intelligent career women who have downgraded the idea of families or children while they were getting ahead, then suddenly decide that the "time is right" and their breeding instincts make them randy as anything.

However, one problem with older women....you know how amongst people of student age, girls complain about the type of needy 'nice guy' who does their heads in, trying to befriend his way into bed with them, and when he finds out his 'friend' isn't interested in a relationship, he becomes bitter, spiteful and full of hate for women (and probably comes posting on TSR, I'm a nice guy, why do women go for jerks and so on). Well once you get into people in 30s and 40s, the female equivalent of this appears. The woman who is a pleasant enough personality but not especially attractive and a bit boring...so then will go complaining to her friends, or anybody on the internet who will listen, that she's had it with men, they are all bastards, she's a nice woman who just wants somebody to love/cuddle/hold hands/share moments/other loveydovey stuff with. You don't see this so much amongst girls in their teens or 20s, because at that age, females hold some social power over males as the primary 'choosers' of mates....at this age, most men are just horny and want to get laid, but women are by nature more choosy, so the average girl gets a lot more attention than the average guy, and she has the power of veto. Once you start looking at 30s and 40s, the social power tilts towards men, at this age the single females are pressured by the biological clock, so they are then becoming less choosy and just wanting a man, whilst the males, especially if they have got a good job and are established in their careers by then, are in a powerful position.
Original post by xayshx
maybe it is a little old fashioned i dunno..i think in a way it could be what others would be thinking about it.
plus im in uni right now, if i got with a guy 2 years younger, he'd still be in 6th form...i would find that kind of disturbin..i'd feel sooo ooolllld :|

Do you mean got with in the sense of a relationship, or just sex?
I don't really mind much about age.
As long as he's not 5 yrs younger than me im fine with it. If he's a lot older than me, i dont mind at all.
There's a difference between younger and older, and i think i'll go for older ones more than the younger ones.
But it all depends though, if the guy who likes me is like 18 yrs and im 21 yrs old im fine with it as long as he's decent and mature.
Pretty much i wont go out with any male who is 5 yrs younger than me.
On the other hand, older guys are different. I can go out with them as long as they are not married and not over 35yrs old.
Reply 29
Original post by HumanNature1992
Do you mean got with in the sense of a relationship, or just sex?

as a relationship.
I'm not, but I've been surprised by the amount of teenage guys online who have come onto me saying they love older women and calling me a milf and all that - which I don't find an unalloyed compliment seeing as I'm only 25 and don't look older than I am! A 13 year old told me he fancied me the other day, online, and I felt very uncomfortable indeed. I'm not trying to boast here by the way - I think it's just there are a lot more guys out there who go for older women than people think.
Reply 31
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
I'm not, but I've been surprised by the amount of teenage guys online who have come onto me saying they love older women and calling me a milf and all that - which I don't find an unalloyed compliment seeing as I'm only 25 and don't look older than I am! A 13 year old told me he fancied me the other day, online, and I felt very uncomfortable indeed. I'm not trying to boast here by the way - I think it's just there are a lot more guys out there who go for older women than people think.

Yes. And FormerlyFrisbeeFan, I can definitely see why they would, lol.
Reply 32
Stacey's mum....
Reply 33
Original post by Beadle's About
I was just wondering. It's pretty standard that girls tend to go for older guys, and guys tend to prefer younger girls. But I just wondered if there's anyone here doesn't fit into this standard, i.e. any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who prefer younger guys?

To be honest I'd find it pretty strange. I couldn't imagine dating some women in her 30s or 40s....just no! And I can't see too many girls in their late teens/early 20s wanting to be with younger guys.

Just curious though.

I think your post would have been a little better if you had asked if they would consider marriage instead of dating.

There are plenty of 21yo single men that will do a 45yo woman if you’re talking casual sex.

There are plenty of 45yo single women that will do a 21yo man if you’re talking casual sex.

I doubt there are many 21yo men that would consider marrying a 45yo woman with the idea of marriage and raising a family.
Reply 34
Forgive me, but I think a girl who strictly likes younger guys is a pedo
Reply 35
Im 20 and prefer slightly older women, as there usually more mature for their age. No more than 26/27 would be my limit
im in love with my mom
Reply 37
yes, Stiflers mom...
Reply 38
Original post by Sasural
Forgive me, but I think a girl who strictly likes younger guys is a pedo

:lolwut:

So a 27 year old woman is a pedo if she goes out with a 22 year old man?

Do you know what the word pedo means?
Reply 39
MILF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending