The Student Room Group

Hackers steal English Defence League membership list

LOL :tongue:
Don't why they are scared, I thought they were proud to be part of the EDL as they show in the demos!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12041234
Reply 1
Yeah but there may be some closet EDL members who will be exposed. They're pretty much screwed if they are a teacher/civil servant/medic/union member.

I don't have any sympathy for them tbh.
I don't feel one ounce of pity for them. If you're going to be part of such a violent organization, then you need to accept the consequences. Ultimately it is wrong if they lose their jobs because of it, but I'd find it hard to feel sorry for them, even if they wouldn't have technically done anything to warrant them losing their job.
Reply 3
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
I don't feel one ounce of pity for them. If you're going to be part of such a violent organization, then you need to accept the consequences. Ultimately it is wrong if they lose their jobs because of it, but I'd find it hard to feel sorry for them, even if they wouldn't have technically done anything to warrant them losing their job.

Violent? The UAF are the one's attacking the EDL at every opportunity. Open your eyes.
Reply 4
Ut Oh.
I suppose this will become a hit list for the 'peaceful' UAF

Those who disagree - Coppers on Ch4 filmed one demo in which UAF caused 90% of the trouble. There were around 57 arrests from UAF and 20 from the EDL.
Original post by EsStupido
Violent? The UAF are the one's attacking the EDL at every opportunity. Open your eyes.

You shouldn't fight fire with fire. Just because the UAF enjoy hitting stuff doesn't make it acceptable that the EDL does the same. If the EDL truly were the non-violent organization they claim to be, there wouldn't be any EDL arrests at all, or very little, however clearly that isn't the case.
Original post by Shortarse1
I suppose this will become a hit list for the 'peaceful' UAF

Those who disagree - Coppers on Ch4 filmed one demo in which UAF caused 90% of the trouble. There were around 57 arrests from UAF and 20 from the EDL.

So what? That certainly doesn't make the EDL any less of a racist hate group.
Reply 8
Whilst I think it's good members of the EDL are exposed (especially the closet ones), if this causes violence
Reply 9
You shouldn't fight fire with fire. Just because the UAF enjoy hitting stuff doesn't make it acceptable that the EDL does the same. If the EDL truly were the non-violent organization they claim to be, there wouldn't be any EDL arrests at all, or very little, however clearly that isn't the case.

No smoke without fire? It's hard to accuse the EDL of being violent when the trouble stems from the UAF turning up uninvited in order to cause trouble.

They're both horrible, horrible organisations and we'd be better off without all of them, but that doesn't change the fact that the UAF are the main cause of the problems that occur during these rallies/demo's.
Original post by 01010000 01001010

It does however show the UAF as being just as bad.

That said I did see a picture a while ago of some black people with the EDL, I can't find it though so you'll just have to take my word on it.
I think everyone who post

"Yeah but what about the UAF" are all closet EDLers!
Reply 12
Original post by Left Hand Drive
I think everyone who post

"Yeah but what about the UAF" are all closet EDLers!

Or, perhaps they're not close-minded idiots for whom the Guardian is their bible?

I think you'll find the National Front, BNP, C18 etc are responsible for "EDL arrests".

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/coppers/4od

This should give you a fair insight of what it's like. I've been saying it since the EDL first came to light that people are wrongly judging them by the hard line groups that associate themselves and inevitably turn up. In case you don't plan on watching it here's a few things to note:

- UAF are for the best part violent and uncontrollable
- UAF funnels to the front of their crowd (while clapping) a group of 200 or so Asian men who are clearly there to start trouble
- EDL members listen to their wardens
- EDL members even stop moving at one point to take orders from ONE police officer
- When the trouble kicks off you even hear the police saying "right we've got the NF and BNP at the front here starting trouble, the EDL are more than happy to leave". This is while EDL wardens frantically try to stop the fence from being lifted.

Even the very first documentary I watched on the EDL supports this. It followed a couple of ordinary members who could only stand by in bemusement as idiots ruined their rallies.

I mean would you or any other student like to be represented by curly haired ***** dropping fire extinguishers off of roof tops? That's the image portrayed in the media. We seem to be all about rights and freedom of speech until it comes to our own or that speech involves criticizing Islam in particular.

Obviously there are some actual EDL members who probably don't understand the EDL message and are just there to "bash some pakis" but it's pretty stupid to brand it a "violent organization". About as stupid as branding students as violent thugs.
Reply 14
Original post by thisisnew
I think you'll find the National Front, BNP, C18 etc are responsible for "EDL arrests".

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/coppers/4od

This should give you a fair insight of what it's like. I've been saying it since the EDL first came to light that people are wrongly judging them by the hard line groups that associate themselves and inevitably turn up. In case you don't plan on watching it here's a few things to note:

- UAF are for the best part violent and uncontrollable
- UAF funnels to the front of their crowd (while clapping) a group of 200 or so Asian men who are clearly there to start trouble
- EDL members listen to their wardens
- EDL members even stop moving at one point to take orders from ONE police officer
- When the trouble kicks off you even hear the police saying "right we've got the NF and BNP at the front here starting trouble, the EDL are more than happy to leave". This is while EDL wardens frantically try to stop the fence from being lifted.

Even the very first documentary I watched on the EDL supports this. It followed a couple of ordinary members who could only stand by in bemusement as idiots ruined their rallies.

I mean would you or any other student like to be represented by curly haired ***** dropping fire extinguishers off of roof tops? That's the image portrayed in the media. We seem to be all about rights and freedom of speech until it comes to our own or that speech involves criticizing Islam in particular.

Obviously there are some actual EDL members who probably don't understand the EDL message and are just there to "bash some pakis" but it's pretty stupid to brand it a "violent organization". About as stupid as branding students as violent thugs.

UAF= Hippies
EDL= Football Hooligans

If you actually go to the protests you will see that most UAF supporters are Hippies. And that most of them are skinny and don't have any meat let alone any muscle. And then when you look at the EDL most of them are Football Hooligans and Chavs.

When you said that "EDL members listen to their wardens" in recent EDL marches their have been several attacks on the EDL Wardens by the EDL members themselves.

The 200 or so Asian men that you mentioned aren't really part of the UAF, they are just there to stand up against the EDL. If you had seen the EDL march in leicester you would have seen that some of the EDL supporters were harassing an asian muslim women who was in the local fish and chip store. I have also read about the EDL harassing a muslim women who was on a train.

You say that the EDL is not violent, however their leader Tommy Robinson has been arrested several times. I have never heard that the UAF leader ever being arrested. Plus the EDL tried to get that guy terry jones who promotes burn the koran day and if they did succeed I can gurantee that more violence would have happened.
Reply 15
off with their heads now.
Original post by cccv
UAF= Hippies
EDL= Football Hooligans

If you actually go to the protests you will see that most UAF supporters are Hippies. And that most of them are skinny and don't have any meat let alone any muscle. And then when you look at the EDL most of them are Football Hooligans and Chavs.

When you said that "EDL members listen to their wardens" in recent EDL marches their have been several attacks on the EDL Wardens by the EDL members themselves.

This is unfortunate and it's the same people who cause fights amongst themselves at EDL rallies. Just (drunken) idiots. The point is however that the EDL makes an active effort to control their members. Hardly something you'd expect from an extreme far right racist group.

The 200 or so Asian men that you mentioned aren't really part of the UAF, they are just there to stand up against the EDL. If you had seen the EDL march in leicester you would have seen that some of the EDL supporters were harassing an asian muslim women who was in the local fish and chip store. I have also read about the EDL harassing a muslim women who was on a train.

I know those Asian men weren't a part of the UAF. They could have been from the MDL for all we know. The point was that the UAF filtered them through to the front while clapping for them. Those men were clearly looking for confrontation too and is in large the reason the hard line groups in the EDL rally kicked off. Not like they need much reason to anyway but it was still a ridiculous thing to do from the UAF.

You say that the EDL is not violent, however their leader Tommy Robinson has been arrested several times. I have never heard that the UAF leader ever being arrested. Plus the EDL tried to get that guy terry jones who promotes burn the koran day and if they did succeed I can gurantee that more violence would have happened.

I don't see how the past of the leader suddenly means the whole organization is violent. The problem is that it appeals to mostly to working class disillusioned, worried or just ignorant people. And what other outlet do people have to voice their concerns/frustrations on this particular issue?

Read the "aims" on this page sort of sums up my feelings:

http://sioede.wordpress.com/about/

All fair points however there are genuinely nice people who turn up to those demos who support the EDL message (against Islamism, Sharia and extremism in England) and I'd rather people focused on their cause as opposed to the dicks who turn up and grab the headlines. Whether people agree with the EDL cause or not is irrelevant and it would be beyond hypocritical to deny them their opinions and rights to demonstrate etc.

I mean the UAF cause is actually a noble one but they turn up to rallies and in many cases incite violence and cause mayhem. You don't have to be overweight and be wearing a football t-shirt to be a yob or hooligan.
Reply 17
Original post by 01010000 01001010

And that makes it alright to assault them? I can't condone the message and cause of the EDL, but it isn't like UAF is any better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending