The Student Room Group

Why is it when "black" people excell in something they tend to be actually mix raced

Edit to be more specific: I MEANT WHY ARE THEY AUTOMATICALLY CALLED BLACK AS OPPOSED TO BEING WHITE? THEY'RE 50-50 IN GENES AFTER ALL.

Just a random observation. Like every now and then in history this person will be the "first black" person to achieve so and so, and then they tend to be actually mix raced.

For example:

Best Golfer - Tiger woods - mix race (except it wasn't white mixed in).

First black guy to win racing tournament - Lewis Hamilton - Mix race.

First black president - barack obama - mix race.

First black MP - forget her name - but she was mixrace.

I mean wtf? Do white people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Usain Bolt?
Reply 2
My spider sense predicts neg rep coming your way.
Reply 3
shhhhhh we ain't allowed to talk about dis stuff LOL
Reply 4
So now mixed race people aren't black enough for you?

Who cares anyway? Oh and this could easily read: "Do black people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?"

If you wanted to, you could take the time and compile a list of all achievements by black people and you would probably a significant number of 'black' people on the list.
Reply 5
Original post by Unknown?
My spider sense predicts neg rep coming your way.

Lool i couldn't give less of a **** tbh.
Original post by Jono404
Usain Bolt?

I said tend, I didn't say it was absolute.
Original post by Yawn11
Just a random observation. Like every now and then in history this person will be the "first black" person to achieve so and so, and then they tend to be actually mix raced.

For example:

Best Golfer - Tiger woods - mix race (except it wasn't white mixed in).

First black guy to win racing tournament - Lewis Hamilton - Mix race.

First black president - barack obama - mix race.

First black MP - forget her name - but she was mixrace.

I mean wtf? Do white people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?

And how about Pele, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson (yes he was black), Sam Cooke, Louis Armstrong, James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Joe Louis, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Shaquille O' Neil, Eddie Murphy, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Will Smith, Usain Bolt, Linford Christie, Condeleeza Rice, Don King, George Foreman, Magic Johnson.......................................

They all excelled in their respective fields and low and behold they were black!

Your argument just blew up in your face.

P.S. You spelt Barrack Obama wrong.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
:lolwut: You think some charcoal dark negro is going to be president of the United states just like that? :laugh: Obama's lightness was to his advantage as much as his being 'Black'.

Also, Black people have been excelling at sports for ages. :dontknow: You've just picked two 'White' sports where having a White parent encourage you is going to make all the difference.
What about the guy on the Dentyl Smooth mouthwash advert? He's the real deal
Reply 9
Original post by sleekchic
So now mixed race people aren't black enough for you?

Who cares anyway? Oh and this could easily read: "Do black people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?"

If you wanted to, you could take the time and compile a list of all achievements by black people and you would probably a significant number of 'black' people on the list.

Not really. I think the point is that some Black people still consider these mixed-race people as 'one of them' whereas White people wouldn't in regards to race.
Reply 10
its probaby because they look 'more black' if you get me... :/
Original post by EskimoJo
:lolwut: You think some charcoal dark negro is going to be president of the United states just like that? :laugh: Obama's lightness was to his advantage as much as his being 'Black'.

Also, Black people have been excelling at sports for ages. :dontknow: You've just picked two 'White' sports where having a White parent encourage you is going to make all the difference.

And the two most famous sportsmen of all time happen to be black; Pele and Ali.

Is there any disputing Michael Jackson's legendary status as an artist? The only one who probably comes close is Elvis but Elvis didn't have the advantage of being broadcast live all over, going on multi-million dollar tours and making earth-shattering music videoes. Totally different era.
Reply 12
Original post by Warrior King

Your argument just blew up in your face.

FFS I'm not saying black people haven't done outstanding things.

I'm asking why are mix raced automatically referred to as black when they excell, as opposed to being white of which they are 50% of?

Perhaps the wording in the OP is misleading, but that's what I mean.
Reply 13
I think because mixed race people look more black than white. They usually have a black person's features (bigger noses, lips, hair). You rarely see a white/black mixed race person with white people's features (blonde hair, blue eyes, tiny nose). So when you see a mixed race person the first thought is that they're black.

My mate's mixed race & I call him a zebra :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by EskimoJo
Not really. I think the point is that some Black people still consider these mixed-race people as 'one of them' whereas White people wouldn't in regards to race.

This is exactly what I'm asking.
Original post by Yawn11
FFS I'm not saying black people haven't done outstanding things.

I'm asking why are mix raced automatically referred to as black when they excell, as opposed to being white of which they are 50% of?

Perhaps the wording in the OP is misleading, but that's what I mean.

because their skin is still brown. think about it logically. it's not that difficult.
Original post by Steezy
I think because mixed race people look more black than white. They usually have a black person's features (bigger noses, lips, hair). You rarely see a white/black mixed race person with white people's features (blonde hair, blue eyes, tiny nose). So when you see a mixed race person the first thought is that they're black.

My mate's mixed race & I call him a zebra :biggrin:

No, they don't
Reply 18
Original post by The TSR Star.
No, they don't

What?
Original post by Yawn11
Do white people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?

They're a lost cause - it's the kindest thing we can do for them. :sadnod: At least away from us, they have a chance to be 'first black something-or-another'; white people have got to everything first.

Latest

Trending

Trending