The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my orange san francisco today, only the tft model but i'm not complaining... for £80. First time android user but I think i'm in love!
I wasn't going to watch it when I saw it on Engadet but that was actually really funny.
Reply 2862

Coulda told me sooner :shifty:
Reply 2863
Hey, my Nexus S has arrived.
Original post by JonCha
Hey, my Nexus S has arrived.

What's the curved glass screen like then?
Reply 2865
Original post by mikeyd85
What's the curved glass screen like then?

Slight, but noticeable if you hold it sideways. Quite cool IMO.

I downloaded LauncherPro straight away, but need the Plus version to resize widgets and change icons.

Also, when is the new marketplace coming out? Mine seems to be the old version.
Original post by JonCha
Slight, but noticeable if you hold it sideways. Quite cool IMO.

I downloaded LauncherPro straight away, but need the Plus version to resize widgets and change icons.

Also, when is the new marketplace coming out? Mine seems to be the old version.

LPP ftw.

It's being pushed to devices as we speak. My mate with a Desire got it the other day.
I still don't have Launcher Pro, sense is that good :colonhash:

Yeah I still have the old marketplace.
Reply 2868
Iv had a stupid moment, can somebody find the link for me to make a motoblur account, i think iv gone blind
Reply 2869
Hm, I've enabled the 3D effect in Pro Plus but it's kinda buggy. Whenever I scroll up it sometimes gets caught which is well annoying.
Used Launcher Pro for all but 1 minute and it was laggy when going between homescreens, so I switched back to sense.

Original post by G8D
Did you even let it load fully?
Launcher Pro is far smoother than Sense, not that I don't love Sense or anything.

Yeah I probably didn't give it time to settle. I've been using swype, not sure if I should change back to Sense keyboard, which is pretty good tbh. Swype is just more fun to use.
The LG Optimus 2X is coming in January. That's the fastest I've seen a phone (Nexus S) go out of date. Single core? phhht.. lol This is gonna be a beast of a phone and looks well designed too.
Reply 2873
Original post by yoyo462001
Yeah I probably didn't give it time to settle. I've been using swype, not sure if I should change back to Sense keyboard, which is pretty good tbh. Swype is just more fun to use.

I used it for a while, it's surprisingly good but but I found Smart Keyboard pro to be a lot better....

Original post by silent ninja
The LG Optimus 2X is coming in January. That's the fastest I've seen a phone (Nexus S) go out of date. Single core? phhht.. lol This is gonna be a beast of a phone and looks well designed too.

:zomg: that's quick like! does it have a price tag yet?
Original post by bigmo7
:zomg: that's quick like! does it have a price tag yet?

Around £470 is a guesstimate based on pre-orders in Europe. Anything sub £500 for this beast is very good, undercutting the good old iPhone.
Reply 2875
Original post by silent ninja
Around £470 is a guesstimate based on pre-orders in Europe. Anything sub £500 for this beast is very good, undercutting the good old iPhone.

The UI is similar to the Samsung ones (dunno if LG always used it or whatever) but it comes with 2.2? I would have thought an update would be imminent after launch surely?
Original post by bigmo7
The UI is similar to the Samsung ones (dunno if LG always used it or whatever) but it comes with 2.2? I would have thought an update would be imminent after launch surely?

Yeah that's a bit odd but i would expect it to get an update. I'd be happy with 2.2; the changes are minor and it will be a blazingly fast device. I'm surprised it's arrived so early! Let's see which networks get it.
Reply 2877
Original post by G8D
If it's root and vanillaable then I may just consider it.

Isn't the Nexus one like one of the few phones that you can have Vanilla Android on?
Reply 2878
Got my Christmassy theme running now:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2879
Original post by RNBen
Got my Christmassy theme running now:

Spoiler

Haha looks ace, the icons in the notification bar looks so old though :p: I can't remember the last time I saw them on my phone :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending