The Student Room Group

belly piercing/ lower back tattoo - always skanky?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Skanky.

haha GSG, you are as blunt and honest as ever i see.

what makes it skanky? do you think it depnds what you wear with it?
Original post by shinytoy
haha GSG, you are as blunt and honest as ever i see.

what makes it skanky? do you think it depnds what you wear with it?

It's just plain skanky. Even if it is covered and I know that it's there, it's still skanky. It's really cheap and tacky. I dont want **** scrawled into my girlfriends gorgeous back. In addition I wouldn't want to get intimate with a girl who probably has hep B.

The short of it is, I like classy and sophisticated girls. Nice dresses, nice hair, well spoken, well educated. I don't want a skank with a ****ty backstreet tribal tattoo.

The same goes for a ****ty piece of plastic stuck in your belly button.
(edited 13 years ago)
It depends on what tattoo you have really. I guess the area, lower back, is just thought of as being 'skanky'. But if you have some sentimental tattoo there then I dont see a problem. As for belly button piercing, I dont think its skanky at all. As emelynaki said, it depends what you wear.
Reply 23
That's such a ridiculous way to think. Because someone has a tattoo they're a skank.....what if someone is the nicest, funniest, prettiest kindest girl you know and then one day she happens to get a tattoo. It doesn't change the person she is, it doesn't change the way she acts or dresses or looks really, the only thing is she now has a little bit of ink on a part of her body. if you're shallow enough to honestly believe that alone can make a woman a skank or not, well then you really are pathetic
Depends how you wear them
Reply 25
Belly Piercings are fine, I don't find them skanky at all! Lower back tattoos...hmm I guess it all depends on what you actually get tattooed on you I suppose!
Reply 26
It's just plain skanky. Even if it is covered and I know that it's there, it's still skanky. It's really cheap and tacky. I dont want **** scrawled into my girlfriends gorgeous back. In addition I wouldn't want to get intimate with a girl who probably has hep B.

The short of it is, I like classy and sophisticated girls. Nice dresses, nice hair, well spoken, well educated. I don't want a skank with a ****ty backstreet tribal tattoo.

hmmm you seem like the type of guy i usually like, the classy mature type.

so im guessing you wouldnt go for a gal with this
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3477334936_776bdb172e.jpg in brown not black, and about half the size????

also even though you think back tats and belly bars are nasty, would it change anything if the girl in question was a totally h:eek::eek3::eek:tt tribal bellydancer in an awesomely sensual and highly suggestive way?

http://www.velvetpeacockdesigns.com/gypsy_clothes/Tribal_Belly-dance_coin_bra.jpg
http://www.bellydancedivas.co.za/Pictures/rachelbrice2a.jpg

what do you think about all th4ese people saying 'dont generalise, its the person inside that counts'?
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I have a belly button piercing and as long as you don't wear slutty clothing it's not skanky at all. I also don't see anything wrong with a lower back tattoo as long as it's not like your boyfriend of a week's name (or similar). Go for it :yy:

I always read your name as Lets-do-the-time-war-penguin. :colonhash:
Reply 28
Original post by greeneyedgirl
The point of tattoos and piercings (in general) is for them to be seen.

Therefore getting them on belly and lower back suggests you want people to see your belly and lower back...hence being seen as rather skanky.

If you want them though, it doesn't matter what others think. However, just to warn you, in the Bible it does say not to mark your body permanently with ink.

I've had an issue myself as there are a few tattoos I want, but I feel like if I get them, they should be professing my faith rather than linking me to the world's idea of tattoos. I'm not getting any tattoos, until I can fully reconcile my faith with tattoos.

take the passage in it's context...
http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/tattoochristian.htm
Reply 29

sooo judgemental!!
I think belly piercing's look good, providing your in shape, i generally don't like tattoo's, and people who have ones in that particular area are labelled slags for whatever reason
Reply 31
Original post by tropicalia_la
It depends on what tattoo you have really. I guess the area, lower back, is just thought of as being 'skanky'. But if you have some sentimental tattoo there then I dont see a problem. As for belly button piercing, I dont think its skanky at all. As emelynaki said, it depends what you wear.

be honest, you didnt read my op did you? what would you tink about a scorpion tattoo on the lower back

Read the thread :facepalm:

We've already said that although the passage is outdated that still, it's one of those debatable issues. It also raises questions as to whether you are getting a tattoo to glorify God or to look/feel better...
be honest, you didnt read my op did you? what would you tink about a scorpion tattoo on the lower back

i did. i said if it had sentimental value then its worth it, i.e. since your a scorpio, it has some personal meaning to you...

where its on the lower back, idk as i said in my previous post it's stereotypically thought of as 'skanky' so i would consider another place to get it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Anatomically speaking/artistically speaking a scorpion wouldn't look so great on a lower back....
Reply 35
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Anatomically speaking/artistically speaking a scorpion wouldn't look so great on a lower back....

why's that? i can see why its a no no for hips or stomach (looks like crabs) but why not back?
why's that? i can see why its a no no for hips or stomach (looks like crabs) but why not back?
Because the arch of a lady's back is concave... if anything, the side of a hip or stomach would be better because it could look as though it's climbing/walking on top of the skin... That's just the way I see it.

My dad has a scorpion tattoo on the top of his hand/wrist and it looks great because it looks like it's stood on top of his skin, very lifelike.
Reply 37
Because the arch of a lady's back is concave... if anything, the side of a hip or stomach would be better because it could look as though it's climbing/walking on top of the skin... That's just the way I see it.

My dad has a scorpion tattoo on the top of his hand/wrist and it looks great because it looks like it's stood on top of his skin, very lifelike.

i never really thought about it like that hmmm

omg your dad sounds really cool, is he scorpio too? if not, why did he choose a scorpion?
i never really thought about it like that hmmm

omg your dad sounds really cool, is he scorpio too? if not, why did he choose a scorpion?
Yeah he is a Scorpio, that's why he had the tat done. It took him until he was 62 to do it, but it looks fab, I love it :smile:
Reply 39
Yeah he is a Scorpio, that's why he had the tat done. It took him until he was 62 to do it, but it looks fab, I love it :smile:

:tongue:
you know, im sure out of every starsign the scorpios are the ones which most frequenly tattoo a symbol of their sunsign on their body.

i wonder why that is?

Quick Reply

Latest