The Student Room Group

Parents ruining the xmas mood :(

They found out through a 3rd party I have a white gf. Now they are asking me to break it off or never speak to them ever again.

Never thought they would react this way.
Reply 1
So?
Reply 2
Man up and take responsiblity for your own life.
Reply 3
Your parents have issues.
Reply 4
Original post by HarryA
Your parents have issues.

It comes as a surprise to me............. I didn't think they would react this way.
dump her.

family> girlfriend

But that said, you should still be very very angry at them for putting you in that position
Reply 6
Original post by Iorek
They found out through a 3rd party I have a white gf. Now they are asking me to break it off or never speak to them ever again.

Never thought they would react this way.

Seriously? If your parents had any sense, surely they would realise that they are being completely and utterly unfair? How is you having a white gf going to affect them? Challenge them about it.
Reply 7
In this day and age that's ****ed up.
what race are YOU?
Reply 9
Just lie to them?
You're parents are very racist... If they were my parents and that kind of situation arose I'd probably leave the house and never speak to them again.
Reply 11
I'm afraid it's a case of their house their rules.
Reply 12
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
I can't believe there are people sticking up for your parents on this thread! :eek:

Not only is it bull **** that they are trying to control your life down to to who you go out with, but they are telling you to break up with her because she is white!

I'ts none of their business, and sorry, but your parents sound like racist bigots.

Ignore them, it's your life, it's not like it even effects them in any possible way.
Imagine if this were a white family making their son split up with a black girl. The racist alert would be all over this thread.

If you can go somewhere else, do it. No offence but your parents are just racist bullies. If they can't accept her because of her skin colour, they aren't worth sticking around for.

If you can't go somewhere else, break it off, or see her secretly.
Reply 15
Original post by tinaturnerbunsenburner
dump her.

family> girlfriend

But that said, you should still be very very angry at them for putting you in that position

Well I'm really disappointed they are reacting this way.

As for dumping her........ that's just out of the question.

Original post by ms607
Seriously? If your parents had any sense, surely they would realise that they are being completely and utterly unfair? How is you having a white gf going to affect them? Challenge them about it.

They don't think its unfair as for challenging them, it's impossible to reason with them. They told me only to call them again after she has gone.

Original post by Billydodger
what race are YOU?

Chinese + Indian.

Original post by a_t
Just lie to them?

I don't want to tell them a lie like this. Much rather they know it and learn to deal with it.

Original post by spazman21
You're parents are very racist... If they were my parents and that kind of situation arose I'd probably leave the house and never speak to them again.

I don't live with them....... I live in UK, they live in Singapore.

Original post by LufcEllandRoad
Imagine if this were a white family making their son split up with a black girl. The racist alert would be all over this thread.

If you can go somewhere else, do it. No offence but your parents are just racist bullies. If they can't accept her because of her skin colour, they aren't worth sticking around for.

If you can't go somewhere else, break it off, or see her secretly.

Well I'm their only only child and to be fair to them they've done a lot for me. But I don't want to do instigate a break up due to a race related issue.

As for being elsewhere, I'm already away from them, they live in Singapore and me in UK.

Oh yeah if the girl is black or muslim, they would have taken the next flight out to kill me. They dislike blacks even more than they dislike blacks....... no idea why even as I am pretty sure they have never even befriended a black person before.
Well if they don't know just tell them you broke up with her!
I'dput my family above my bf any day, even if I wouldn't be happy doing so but by God I'd show them how angry I was!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending