The Student Room Group

How do you know if you're actually more than friends?

I can feel it but I don't know if we does. Like when we're alone together, I just feel a lot of chemistry between us. I don't know if the things we do together are standard just friends things or more.

He's a lot more touchy when we're alone but if we're in a big crowd, he's pretty normal with me.

There have been so many times where I could've just kissed him, i.e. when we hug or i lay my head on his shoulder and we turn our faces into each other, we're literally inches apart and if either of us had the guts to initiate it, I could swear we'd kiss.

A few weeks ago, we nearly kissed again but I got all nervous and asked him a completely random question (about his hair) to avoid it (yeah i know.....). The day after this happened, and ever since then, he's just been 100% neutral with me. He acts as if we just met the other day and as if we're just acquaintances. It's like he just wiped our friendship away (well, we've only known each other since September) and is starting all over again. I've asked him several times why he's being so distant with me but he just denies it.

How do you know?
Reply 1
I mean, we were really close before the kissing incident and now it's like we've just met and are no longer on "that level"
Reply 2
Grow some ****ing balls!
Reply 3
I think that's very rude steezy but ure a man, all men are like that. I have the same problem and I think that he does like you but he's just feeling a bit awkward at the moment. Just carry on and don't accuse him of anthing: he will get defensive. Take some time out so he can figure things out.
Reply 4
Original post by Ash_hunney
I think that's very rude steezy but ure a man, all men are like that.

Yes, because men are pragmatic.

If you want the situation solved, then you should indeed 'grow some balls'.

Nothing is handed to you on a platter, be pro-active and initiate.
Reply 5
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Yes, because men are pragmatic.

If you want the situation solved, then you should indeed 'grow some balls'.

Nothing is handed to you on a platter, be pro-active and initiate.

how can i when he's being so difficult?
Reply 6
If you don't know, you aren't more than friends.
Reply 7
He's probably knocking one out over your facebook photos and wondering the same thing.
Reply 8
Original post by Ash_hunney
I think that's very rude steezy but ure a man, all men are like that. I have the same problem and I think that he does like you but he's just feeling a bit awkward at the moment. Just carry on and don't accuse him of anthing: he will get defensive. Take some time out so he can figure things out.

I love the fact that your first ever post on TSR was used to chastise me. I feel honoured.
Reply 9
I would imagine your behaviour is confusing him. You seem to get close, then make excuses/distractions not too. It could be that he does share your feelings and is also a bit shy about it but now assumed he must be mistaken about you feeling anything for him beyond friendship, explained by you making an excuse not to kiss. So now he feels more distant and isn't sure how to behave.
Original post by Anonymous
A few weeks ago, we nearly kissed again but I got all nervous and asked him a completely random question (about his hair) to avoid it (yeah i know.....).

Theres your problem. If he thought you liked him hes not sure now. Hows he supossed to know if it was just you getting nervous or if you really didnt want to kiss him. Hes probably just as confused as you are so talking to us isnt going to solve the problem.

As for him saying your cool he might just be trying to hide his disapointment or the embarasment of misreading the situation.
Awww.
It's obvious you have some feelings for him. Just go for it and find out. I regret not going out with a guy who was my friend, when we both liked each other because i wasn't sure if we could go from friends to partners. He probably now thinks that he's a fool for liking you when you don't like him back. Just go for it!
Reply 12
Yes he's probably thought that you don't like him because of the awkward situation.
I'd say you should just sit down and talk about it - it seems like he likes you, so go ahead and tell him you like him too!
if you're quite shy to admit your feelings you could do the initial admission by text, then once it's out there you could meet up and talk about it, at least then he's got the message.
Reply 14
You've made it weird? Why should he put himself on the line and then you go 'uhh i like your hair?' If you want him make it shown :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending