The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Ali.
They are but some of them are being a bit rude!

Oh no! We offended one of them
Reply 101
Original post by adam0311

:rolleyes:

Funny how when one of "us" (:rolleyes:) offends you lot, you get very emotional and moody about it, and we get called snobby/stuck-up/elitist. But inverse snobbery is fine, clearly.

Haha. It's so surreal seeing an American taking pops at rahs. Welcome to the fold, brother! :five:
Oxbridge and Durham I reckon.

Birmingham definitely isn't.
Original post by .Ali.
They are but some of them are being a bit rude!

Vis a vis your sig video, you know there's more people in the world than just rahs and chavs right? I mean by not being a rah that doesn't instantly make someone a chav...
Reply 105
Original post by emmielociraptor
Vis a vis your sig video, you know there's more people in the world than just rahs and chavs right? I mean by not being a rah that doesn't instantly make someone a chav...

Yes, I know that. I hadn't even heard of the term 'rah' until I came on here, but it seems that the majority of the "OMG YOU JACK WILLS WEARING RAH GO SHAG YOUR PONIES RAH RAH RAH" brigade are chavs. So if they're going to call me a rah, I'll call them a chav. :biggrin:
Reply 106
Original post by .Ali.
Yes, I know that. I hadn't even heard of the term 'rah' until I came on here, but it seems that the majority of the "OMG YOU JACK WILLS WEARING RAH GO SHAG YOUR PONIES RAH RAH RAH" brigade are chavs. So if they're going to call me a rah, I'll call them a chav. :biggrin:

Cool. Story. Bro.
Original post by .Ali.
:rolleyes:

Funny how when one of "us" (:rolleyes:) offends you lot, you get very emotional and moody about it, and we get called snobby/stuck-up/elitist. But inverse snobbery is fine, clearly.

Are you a real live rah? Hi, I'm Adam...nice to meet you.

Original post by Mujeriego
Haha. It's so surreal seeing an American taking pops at rahs. Welcome to the fold, brother! :five:

I come in peace and will not wage war. Cheers mate.
Reply 108
Are you a real live rah? Hi, I'm Adam...nice to meet you.

Apparently I am, I get called a rah on here all the time lol. Personally I thought I was just normal, but there you go. Nice to meet you too... :tongue:
Original post by .Ali.

Well I went to a private school with a lot of people going "oh daddy says if I get two Cs in my mock GCSEs then he'll buy me a pink mini" and stuff like that which annoyed me immensely. Rahs as far as I'm concerned are people who have a lot of money that they didn't work for because it was all given to them by mummy and daddy and they put a lot of effort into having deliberately messy hair and all have exactly the same Jack Will's joggers tucked into their ugg boots and have about two ponies each, and rub it in the faces of everyone around them who don't have that much money and can only afford to go to private school because they got a scholarship.

That is my experience of rahs.

/rant
Reply 110
Well I went to a private school with a lot of people going "oh daddy says if I get two Cs in my mock GCSEs then he'll buy me a pink mini" and stuff like that which annoyed me immensely. Rahs as far as I'm concerned are people who have a lot of money that they didn't work for because it was all given to them by mummy and daddy and they put a lot of effort into having deliberately messy hair and all have exactly the same Jack Will's joggers tucked into their ugg boots and have about two ponies each, and rub it in the faces of everyone around them who don't have that much money and can only afford to go to private school because they got a scholarship.

/rant

Lol I got presents for my GCSEs, so did a lot of people. I don't own my own horse, I just ride, and I've been to both state and private school, so :dontknow:Lol I do my hair like that and wear Jack Wills...

Surely chavs are more annoying though? They talk like they ahve a speech impediment (oi m8 u orytee :eek:), vandalise the local bus stations, scrounge benefits, engage in petty crime, need I go on? They're disgusting. :frown:
Original post by .Ali.
Apparently I am, I get called a rah on here all the time lol. Personally I thought I was just normal, but there you go. Nice to meet you too... :tongue:

Yah. Can you send me a humanitarian aid package of jack wills? We ain't gone none of 'dat in 'merica
Reply 112
Yah. Can you send me a humanitarian aid package of jack wills? We ain't gone none of 'dat in 'merica

Lol they're in the USA, they have a store in Martha's Vineyard now. :cool:
Original post by .Ali.
Lol they're in the USA, they have a store in Martha's Vineyard now. :cool:

When are you going to take me?
Reply 114
When are you going to take me?

Christmas eve. :cool:
Reply 115
middle class =/= rah

Although pretty darn close in some cases.
Original post by .Ali.
Lol I got presents for my GCSEs, so did a lot of people. I don't own my own horse, I just ride, and I've been to both state and private school, so :dontknow:Lol I do my hair like that and wear Jack Wills...

Surely chavs are more annoying though? They talk like they ahve a speech impediment (oi m8 u orytee :eek:), vandalise the local bus stations, scrounge benefits, engage in petty crime, need I go on? They're disgusting. :frown:

Oh chavs are extremely annoying. Doesn't make rahs any less annoying though.

Ah the pressures of being somewhere in between...
Reply 117

/rant

Two C's at GCSE and they got a car?! I got £20 for every A*, £10 for every A, nothing for B's. Mannn, I wish my parents were like that, although I have been told that I was lucky to even get money so I shouldn't be complaining :biggrin:
Reply 118
Oh chavs are extremely annoying. Doesn't make rahs any less annoying though.

Ah the pressures of being somewhere in between...

Haha, I've never seen any of these 'rahs' be horrible to anyone though, unless it was provoked. I personally am not rude unless someone insults me. So I don't get why there's all the hate. :s-smilie:
Original post by .Ali.
Christmas eve. :cool:

Only if you take me on your horse

Latest

Trending

Trending