The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mfreeman.
The introduction of the word 'init' throughout the University could be greatly damaging to their reputation.

lol! Looks like it's the University of Hackney and Basildon for us two then..doing degrees in, knife crime?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Got the tshirt
Received a letter today from University College - so pleased I got into the Castle (for engineering) :biggrin:

Nicely done! Maybe we'll see each other in October.
Has anyone gotten an offer for Durham PPE at Castle? I really want to get in, but I was wondering if anyone had info as to whether PPE at Durham is full up already?
Reply 1843
Original post by BermyHopeful
Has anyone gotten an offer for Durham PPE at Castle? I really want to get in, but I was wondering if anyone had info as to whether PPE at Durham is full up already?

It can't be full up as we've not reached the deadline yet!
any more history offers??
Received a letter today from University College - so pleased I got into the accommodation off the bailey as Castle doesn't have all that much accommodation on the bailey (for engineering) :biggrin:

Fixed that up for you ;D

Seriously though, congratulations to everyone getting offers!
Original post by Sophia14
Mine came in 8 days, but I think this is a bit quicker then normal! :s-smilie:
You could always ring them up, they might know before they send the letter out :smile: say your going to Durham over Xmas or something and you'd like to have a look at your college! :biggrin:

First of all congrats on the offer :smile:
Thats a good idea! I'll give it another few days and see of the letter comes through, i want to know what college i'm in!

Also thanks to Fluidity for the quick reply :smile:
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Same here :biggrin: you planning on going to the open day?

Definately but not sure which day! I've noticed you applied to Cambridge too - I'm feeling a bit nervous about 5th Jan - Good luck :smile:

Original post by chidona
Fixed that up for you ;D

I can only hope!

Seriously though, congratulations to everyone getting offers!
Reply 1848
Original post by OzianGirl
Politics
Your application has not yet been received by a College.
Arrrrrrgh.
Has anybody got offers for Politics?
I'm not expecting anything til after Christmas now.

Yeah I got my offer last week. And my AES changed the week before that. But I haven't come across anyone else yet that has got offers for politics, I've only heard about rejections. So I'd go with the thinking that no news is good news! Good luck!
Definately but not sure which day! I've noticed you applied to Cambridge too - I'm feeling a bit nervous about 5th Jan - Good luck :smile:

Yeah, I've got the same dilemma... I was thinking maybe the Monday night but I haven't really decided yet :s-smilie:

It's only 15 days now :eek: I'm sure you'll be fine, but best of luck anyway, I have the fun of a very awkward conversation with one of my friends to look forward to... (we applied to the same course at the same college, our interviews were even at the same time...) Which college did you apply to?
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Yeah, I've got the same dilemma... I was thinking maybe the Monday night but I haven't really decided yet :s-smilie:

It's only 15 days now :eek: I'm sure you'll be fine, but best of luck anyway, I have the fun of a very awkward conversation with one of my friends to look forward to... (we applied to the same course at the same college, our interviews were even at the same time...) Which college did you apply to?

Amazing academics!!

I'm sure you'll get an offer. I applied to Pembroke (my sister is at Downing)
Original post by Fluidity
Thank you. :redface: Congratulations of your offer, too!
I am a philosophy applicant indeed. Is Durham your first choice?
We should be homely neighbours if we both end up there. Do not hesitate to pop in to John's if you need to borrow some sugar, ha! :biggrin:

Haha, thanks!! :tongue: and yup at the moment it is my first choice :biggrin: is it yours? Might see you in October!
Original post by skypig97
Congrats on your offer! I am hoping to get confirmation from Chad's (my first choice) to study Combined Honours Arts. Philosophy may well end up one of my modules; my top two interests for now are English Lit and Classics. Is Durham your firm choice? Will you be going to open days in March?

Yay Chad's! I think Durham is my first choice, yes :smile: is it yours? and yep I am going to the open days in March, although I haven't decided which day to go yet :biggrin: tell me when you get the college confirmation! :smile:
Original post by Cactus_Man
Hm... there's something extremely ironic about this statement. :tongue:

Haha! Good observation skills my friend :P
Reply 1854
Original post by LondonGirl22
Yay Chad's! I think Durham is my first choice, yes :smile: is it yours? and yep I am going to the open days in March, although I haven't decided which day to go yet :biggrin: tell me when you get the college confirmation! :smile:

I still don't have official word yet, but I did speak to the head of the department (Combined Honours) and he called the president of St. Chad's for me to see if he could get confirmation before xmas--told me to be cautiously optimistic. I'm going to go in Mar and since I am coming from the States, I'll probably choose the first day. I think Durham is my first choice, but I am also considering St Andrews. Oxford rejected me. What other unis are on your list? Have you been to Durham before? Do you live in London?
(edited 13 years ago)
Have many/any Law offers been given out yet?
Original post by Cast.Iron
Have many/any Law offers been given out yet?

A couple. I've seen 3 law offers for domestic students, 2 on here...and 1 on yougo.
I've just got an offer for physics, absolutely delighted. Over the moon ;p
Definitely going to be my first choice!
Offer came in yesterday evening for Combined Honours in Social Sciences :biggrin: Hopefully at Chads but they haven't confirmed yet....
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for your college to be allocated? It just says "a decision has been made" on their tracker service :confused:
Original post by jwolinski
Offer came in yesterday evening for Combined Honours in Social Sciences :biggrin: Hopefully at Chads but they haven't confirmed yet....
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for your college to be allocated? It just says "a decision has been made" on their tracker service :confused:

Around 3 weeks, and congrats!

Latest