The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

i dont have sex with my partner
Reply 181
I speak Irish
Original post by J4M1ExIRE
I speak Irish

In that accent you mean :s-smilie:
Reply 183
Original post by blueray
In that accent you mean :s-smilie:

Nope its an actual language spoken by not very many people in the west of Ireland. I live in the near Belfast in the east but learned the language since 1st year in secondary school along with the rest of the year and now am doin it for GCSE:smile:. About 60 people took it for GCSE in our year.
Original post by yahyahyahs
I eat with my fork in my right hand and the knife in my left. Other people I know tend to hold them the other way round. I guess I like to claw at my food like a child rather than cut it neatly.

I do this tooo :smile:
Original post by J4M1ExIRE
Nope its an actual language spoken by not very many people in the west of Ireland. I live in the near Belfast in the east but learned the language since 1st year in secondary school along with the rest of the year and now am doin it for GCSE:smile:. About 60 people took it for GCSE in our year.

U serious tell me some words then :colone:
Reply 186
Original post by blueray
U serious tell me some words then :colone:

Ta me i mo chonai in ait galanta darb ainm Eire ag an bhomaite agus is brea liom e - I live in a lovely place called Ireland at the minute and i love it

Its my second language btw and i couldn't speak a word before i came to secondary school

:biggrin:
Original post by Lewroll
The only reason it sounds odd to you is because you are used to hearing 'arsed'. The same reason 'arsed' sounds odd to me, because ive only ever heard 'asked'.
It sounds weird to me because there is no other phrase where 'arse' is used as a verb, whereas 'ask' is much more common in use as a verb.
'Can't be arsed' means nothing in english and I wouldnt be surprised if the lexical change occured from pronounciation or perhaps being misheard. Or i may be completely wrong lol. Asked just seems to make more sense to me, hey every one says it in london :biggrin:

I am from up north but moved to London and I always (stupidly) assumed that when you guys say 'can't be asked' you were actually saying arsed but in your accent. I've lived here for 6 years now so you think I'd have got it by now! lol. No-one understands anything I say in London because of my accent and the slang I use, kinda makes life difficult lol.
Original post by rawwwwr!
Well, apparently putting butter on your pasta makes you a FREAK.

:O Noooooooooooooooooo way, I think it's delicious!

When I have pizza, I eat all the crust first and then the actual pizza.

If I'm with two or more other people at the cinema, I have to sit in the middle as I hate sitting next to people I don't know.

When I stop reading a book, it has to be on a chapter that isn't a prime number or divisible by (just) a prime number or two - e.g. I can stop on 20, 21, 24 or 25, 28 or 30, but not 22, 23, 26, 27 or 29. It's really hard to explain and I didn't even realise the prime number thing till I started writing it down now!

I eat milky ways really, really weirdly. :\
The way I pull my bar.
Reply 190
when i eat food, i regurgitate it and eat it agian. and again. and again...:biggrin:
Reply 191
Original post by ilovemykitten

Original post by ilovemykitten
when i make tea, the milk has to be around 1/10 of the overall liquid

when i make toast, i like to waive it around a bit, to make sure it's not too hot - otherwise when i put the butter on (spread evenly, to the edges), it goes soggy

i like to portion my different bits of food so for example when having sausages and mash, i'll make sure i have enough and equal amounts of mash to go with every bit of sausage lol

flicking light switches

having everything in order of date in my folders, and in plastic wallets

constancy - for example, for my politics course, for every topic i have 1. Lecture notes, 2. My notes, 3. Essential reading notes, 4. Extra reading notes - and i have to keep this order for all of them, otherwise i get really annoyed, if say for example, there are no lecture notes

everything has to be symmetrical and even, i dont like odd bits of stuff sticking out, or for example books being tilted on my shelf... Also it really annoys me if say, my boyfriend and i are having dinner, and he grabs a plate with a different design to mine

that's some of it.

A lot of ocd....

i want to be you!!!!!
Reply 192
I make scrambled eggs in the microwave - not as nice as on the hob but it is quick and easy.

One thing that I do that I never realised was kind of idiosyncratic until people mentioned it is that when I have a cigarette, I always get a cigarette out and light it one-handed - I sort of flick the packet open and pick one out with my teeth. Don't ask me why - I think I just developed the habit from smoking whilst driving or drinking tea.
i can write with both my hands
Reply 194
Nooooo! How can you do that? It's sacrilege!

Whenever I see anyone turning to the back of a book, I'm like "what are you doing?! You've ruined it forever..."

I guess I enjoy re-watching films as I know where they're leading to, and can spot things I missed the first time. But not even watching it all the way through the first time?! :zomg:

I guess your just saving time not having to re-watch it :biggrin:

I want to watch some of my favourite films now, seeing as it's Christmas and all. I wonder where 'The Incredibles' and 'Kill Bill' are :cool:
Reply 195
Original post by funkeymonkey:)
i can write with both my hands

You're ambidextrous? *jealous*

I have enough trouble writing with just one of mine :frown:
I have to cover every part of toast with butter, none of this just covering the middle lark. :biggrin:
Original post by un-besito
I count weird things - like when I'm walking a long way, I count every step i'm taking. And sometimes count the number of letters in words that people are saying and put them into groups of like 2 or 3, and get annoyed if one or two are left over at the end because it's not the right number of letters to be able to group them by that number...:colondollar:
So this thread is turning into not what people do differently to others, just weird things that people do that no one else does! :lol:

I do this... :colondollar:
Whenever someone touches my hair, shoulders or something I always then feel like I have to do the same to see what they felt. I don't know why, but I try and wait until they're not looking!
I never step on cracks in the pavement but then a lot of people are the same I think.
Lots of strange number things like having the volume on a prime, square or triangle number or skipping steps to make sure the total isn't a multiple of 3. Don't ask why :P
Reply 199
sometimes i click my fingers when walking down the street that's about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending