The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bigmo7
Isn't the Nexus one like one of the few phones that you can have Vanilla Android on?

It's one of the few that come with Vanilla on it, but if you can root it, you can probably Vanilla it. :wink:
Reply 2881
Original post by G8D
What? I'm running a Vanilla ROM on my Hero... idgi.

So who has a Nexus one then? :shifty:

But Vanilla is pretty restricted afaik...well I think it still is anyway. :K:
Reply 2882
Original post by bigmo7
Haha looks ace, the icons in the notification bar looks so old though :p: I can't remember the last time I saw them on my phone :p:

I know. :frown: I never get round to changing them, and I am very fussy when it comes to such things. It would take me hours to find some I like.
Reply 2883
Original post by mikeyd85
It's one of the few that come with Vanilla on it, but if you can root it, you can probably Vanilla it. :wink:

OIC...:biggrin:

:getmecoat:
I have an iphone 3gs and am pretty tired of it .. my upgrade is well due . what do you guys think of the Nexus S ?
Original post by G550NDH
I have an iphone 3gs and am pretty tired of it .. my upgrade is well due . what do you guys think of the Nexus S ?

A bit meh tbh. Not nearly powerful enough considering the nest gen of Tegra phones are round the corner.
Reply 2886
Original post by RNBen
I know. :frown: I never get round to changing them, and I am very fussy when it comes to such things. It would take me hours to find some I like.

Spoiler

I didn't like the Gingerbread style notification bar at first but I've grown to really like it now :biggrin:

Original post by G8D
I don't have a clue what you are on about :sad:

Vanilla is Android how Google originally intend it to be (what runs on the Nexus One/S. HTC/Samsung/LG etc etc all add things (skins/apps/etc), I personally do not like what LG has decided to do to their flavoured ROM hence why I want to root and install Vanilla on it :erm:

Ok...let's just leave it at that. I was just saying that you don't see a lot of phones that have Vanilla on cos the manufacturers do whatever they want with them. :p:
Original post by mikeyd85
A bit meh tbh. Not nearly powerful enough considering the nest gen of Tegra phones are round the corner.

Ahh yeah i hear the Tegras will be epic ... i think i will wait .. but if the Iphone 5 is absolutely amazing i may go for that IF they sort out some of their problems
Reply 2888
Original post by bigmo7

Spoiler

I didn't like the Gingerbread style notification bar at first but I've grown to really like it now :biggrin:

It does look rather nice. You get it from XDA?
Reply 2889
Original post by RNBen
It does look rather nice. You get it from XDA?

Yup, I've gone on a custom ROM and the gingerbread theme is compatible so I always use it after flashing. I kinda want 2.3 to come out soon for the SGS so I don't have to keep applying themes but hey what can you do.

Original post by G550NDH
Ahh yeah i hear the Tegras will be epic ... i think i will wait .. but if the Iphone 5 is absolutely amazing i may go for that IF they sort out some of their problems

Imho the rate that Android is going I don't think iOS is going to be able to keep up, it will always have a following due to it's cult nature but I actually think the phones that are coming out on Android are superior and I don't think the iPhone will match it anyway. Besides I could never see myself going back to iOS after using Android.
Original post by bigmo7

Imho the rate that Android is going I don't think iOS is going to be able to keep up, it will always have a following due to it's cult nature but I actually think the phones that are coming out on Android are superior and I don't think the iPhone will match it anyway. Besides I could never see myself going back to iOS after using Android.

I think the main problem (for me anyway) is that, besides HTC, every Android phone needs some kind of tinkering to get it working right. That's annoying. iPhone works great out the box, although it is limited and to get your moneys worth it needs to be be jailbroke. The other little annoyance which I'm sure google will iron out, is the bugginess. There are odd crashes, scrolling jerkiness (big problem imo which will grate a lot of users coming from Apple), reboots etc. Android still does not feel like a finished product, whereas iOS is slick and fluid but more limited.

I don't see Apple going anywhere any time soon, they will be the leader for a while yet imo. Android will overtake iOS in the os war but Apple will still be the leader in the pack imo. The App Store (inc games) is the other big plus point for iOS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Android owns apple any day and it doesnt have a pin exploit
Reply 2892
generally i prefer all the apple goodness.
android software just uses up my battery life, but i spose it could be worse (:
What about your security i know a pin that can bypass into your apple i-phone do you know my android code? No thought so ....
Let's not start an Apple-Android debate (guilty, i responded). This thread is primarily for Android os.
Does anyone use the wiimote controller app?

I can't seem to get it to work on my samsung galaxy :erm:
Reply 2896
anyone know where i could get some decent homeskin(pages)
for my phone?
got a samsung galaxy apollo.
only got the two orange ones that came with it, and hate these ones. :l
Yh go to a phone wallpaper site :biggrin:
Reply 2898
thanks for the sarcasm.
Original post by robynroo
thanks for the sarcasm.

AS in background images?

Search for "wallpaper" and "background" on the Market - plenty of apps there that have loads available.

Latest

Trending

Trending