The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fluidity
Just received my college confirmation letter via post. I got St John's. :biggrin: I can relax a bit, now!

Nice... I'll be at John's next year too! :smile: Looking forwards to it muchly!!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by adam0311
A couple. I've seen 3 law offers for domestic students, 2 on here...and 1 on yougo.

Cheers for that. That's not so bad, seems like they've only done the one batch of domestic students so far.
Reply 1862
Original post by jwolinski
Offer came in yesterday evening for Combined Honours in Social Sciences :biggrin: Hopefully at Chads but they haven't confirmed yet....
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for your college to be allocated? It just says "a decision has been made" on their tracker service :confused:

Congrats! I've got an offer for Combined Honours in Arts--last friday. I've also picked Chad's and haven't heard--expect we'll hear after new year. Will you go up on open days? I think I'll be at the first one on Mar 22. Is Durham your 2nd or 3rd choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by watchthis
I've just got an offer for physics

Congratulations! :beer:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Around 3 weeks, and congrats!

Original post by skypig97
Congrats! I've got an offer for Combined Honours in Arts--last friday. I've also picked Chad's and haven't heard--expect we'll hear after new year. Will you go up on open days? I think I'll be at the first one on Mar 22. Is Durham your 2nd or 3rd choice?

ooo....maybe I'll see you there! haha I don't know it I'll go to an open day or not cause I live a few miles south of Birmingham so it takes YEARS to get up there :s-smilie: and I've been once for a campus tour already, but I havent visited Chads yet cause at the time I though I was going for Hatfield instead but after seeing it aI hated it lol - dont know why haha so it depends when it is etc...but it would be nice to have a look round
Its probably my first choice, cause I'm not really expecting to get into Cambridge :redface: haha although it would be nice! Its between Durham and Exeter really for me, but the courses I've chosen are really different so it would be hard if I got offers from both :/ At the moment anyway its number 1 :biggrin:
What subjects did you specify?
heyy just to check - ive had an offer for durham for 3 days but all that's happened is ucas has changed and it now says 'conditional' next to the course - i dont have an email/letter/anything. is this what normally happens, and how long til i find out what the offer is?
Original post by jumblebumble
heyy just to check - ive had an offer for durham for 3 days but all that's happened is ucas has changed and it now says 'conditional' next to the course - i dont have an email/letter/anything. is this what normally happens, and how long til i find out what the offer is?

What you need to do is click on the course code next to the university name it'll be something like G103 (this is for maths) Once you have clicked on it scroll down and the conditions will be there
Reply 1867
Just had an unsuccessful reply from Durham, oh well... I suspect my 64% for M2 stuck out like a sore thumb
Just had an offer for Archaeology of Ancient Civilizations at Durham :smile:
Received by a college for law!
So excited.
I'm hoping this is a good sign anyway! :biggrin:
Original post by jonnyboy1993
What you need to do is click on the course code next to the university name it'll be something like G103 (this is for maths) Once you have clicked on it scroll down and the conditions will be there

OHHH i see, ta!
Reply 1871
Original post by jwolinski

ooo....maybe I'll see you there! haha I don't know it I'll go to an open day or not cause I live a few miles south of Birmingham so it takes YEARS to get up there :s-smilie: and I've been once for a campus tour already, but I havent visited Chads yet cause at the time I though I was going for Hatfield instead but after seeing it aI hated it lol - dont know why haha so it depends when it is etc...but it would be nice to have a look round
Its probably my first choice, cause I'm not really expecting to get into Cambridge :redface: haha although it would be nice! Its between Durham and Exeter really for me, but the courses I've chosen are really different so it would be hard if I got offers from both :/ At the moment anyway its number 1 :biggrin:
What subjects did you specify?

English and Classics. And I just got word from Chad's office administrator that although my application will not be processed before the new year, she does have it in hand and I can begin planning for my open day visit. I'm definitely going to go the first day and then head to St Andrews for its open day on Wed before heading home. I live in the states and have never been to Durham or Scotland so if I am realistically going to evaluate either uni, then I need to make it over for a visit. I didn't apply to Exeter, but now wish that I had . . . I'd struggle between Durham and Exeter as well. Good luck with Cambridge.
Reply 1872
Original post by steffanie
Received by a college for law!
So excited.
I'm hoping this is a good sign anyway! :biggrin:

very good sign!! Congratulations!!!:smile:
Reply 1873
I got asked a few days for my module marks (applying for Mathematics) does this mean they could be able to make a decision either way or is it impossible to tell?
I'm definitely going to go the first day and then head to St Andrews for its open day on Wed before heading home.

I went to visit St Andrews last year and it was gorgeous :love:
English and Classics. And I just got word from Chad's office administrator that although my application will not be processed before the new year, she does have it in hand and I can begin planning for my open day visit. I'm definitely going to go the first day and then head to St Andrews for its open day on Wed before heading home. I live in the states and have never been to Durham or Scotland so if I am realistically going to evaluate either uni, then I need to make it over for a visit. I didn't apply to Exeter, but now wish that I had . . . I'd struggle between Durham and Exeter as well. Good luck with Cambridge.

ooooo....i want to be in hand! well if you're coming all the way over from US then might as well make a trip of it! Hopefully I'll get a similar email soon and then I might see you there! :biggrin: happy days!
Thanks for the luck as well! I'll need it :rolleyes:
Just received an offer for Anthropology :biggrin: Really really pleased. Does anyone know if the campus code on UCAS track is any indication of the college the offer has come from?
Original post by DaveD3709
Just received an offer for Anthropology :biggrin: Really really pleased. Does anyone know if the campus code on UCAS track is any indication of the college the offer has come from?

Congrats!!! Nope, 'fraid not. You'll get a letter in a few weeks saying which college you've been allocated too and even then it won't update on UCAS for a while after that.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Congrats!!! Nope, 'fraid not. You'll get a letter in a few weeks saying which college you've been allocated too and even then it won't update on UCAS for a while after that.

Ahhh, I thought this might be the case. Was just wishful thinking as it still said "U" :tongue: Thanks for the reply though :smile:
I still don't have official word yet, but I did speak to the head of the department (Combined Honours) and he called the president of St. Chad's for me to see if he could get confirmation before xmas--told me to be cautiously optimistic. I'm going to go in Mar and since I am coming from the States, I'll probably choose the first day. I think Durham is my first choice, but I am also considering St Andrews. Oxford rejected me. What other unis are on your list? Have you been to Durham before? Do you live in London?

Ooh you're from the States - awesome! Where abouts? And yeahhh St Andrews! I've applied there too, if they offer me (and that's a big if) then my first choice would be a joint tie between Durham and St A's, I have no clue how I'd be able to choose between them though, they are both so nice! I've applied to Sheffield, Southampton, and Bristol as well - where else have you applied? Bad luck about Oxford :frown: but on the plus side, somewhere as awesome as Durham has accepted you :smile: so congrats!! And yep, I do live in London :biggrin:

Latest