The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hate it when people call me black, when i'm obviously mixed.

Eskimojo, i hope you die!
Reply 201
Original post by x.Lauren.xXx
This thread stinks of ignorance.

It was fine until the troll called sixthformer appeared.
Reply 202
Original post by Lewroll
I wasnt on tsr when they had the old layout. I only joined in october :frown:

Ohhh. :frown: It was much better than this one! We could have like big profile pics and stuff, and the rep worked better.

I just realised my title thingy has changed to vengeful, imperial, overlord of TSR. I HAVE THE POWER. :cool:
Original post by Warrior King

P.S. You spelt Barrack Obama wrong.

You keep saying this and spelling it 'Barrack', when it appears you're wrong with a quick Google.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
You search for "Barrack" and it says "Showing results for barack obama."
Original post by kpwxx
'Black' isn't a race. It's a skin colour. Same for white. 'African-American' would be a race, or 'Caucasian'
African-American isn't a race, brah, it's an ethnicity.
Original post by Elipsis
If he was mixed race and raised by a black family i'd say he was black, but he wasn't. All you ever do is come on to post 1 reply to me, then get owned then you don't post again. I don't see how black people can try and claim his as their achievement when they played zero part in his success, I mean given the amount of black absentee fathers (I believe around 50% as Obama himself pointed out) one was bound to land a child into a good family sooner or later. Now run along.

I find it alarming how much I dont give a **** tbh. I guess I am just too busy these days to have long arguments with a guy who has no other means of arguing than indulging in pseudo science, pseudo economics and pseudo history.
There's two separate interpretations of 'black' as an identity. A mixed race person is not black on a biological level, they're half-white. That said, 'black' has a cultural history which mixed race people might identify with. Mixed race people often face the same discrimination as black people and often grow up in black communities with black culture, if they feel kinship with that or they want to respect the cultural heritage of the black side of their family then self-identifying as black makes sense in certain situations. It's context.
Reply 207
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
I find it alarming how much I dont give a **** tbh. I guess I am just too busy these days to have long arguments with a guy who has no other means of arguing than indulging in pseudo science, pseudo economics and pseudo history.

That's good, don't quote me again then. I'm sick of your lack of coherent argument or ANY history, economics, or scientifically based sources. It seems you are only capable of deploying emotive arguments or insults. That will serve you well in a court of law won't it.
Reply 208
Those who negged the OP are frankly complete idiots.

So those who are mixed raced are not entitled to having their own race/colour category? First 'mixed raced' president/’first mixed’ raced MP? If not, why not?

Oyinbos, keep living in ignorance.

You can neg me all you want. Do you actually think I give a ****?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 209
Original post by T-Toe
Those who negged the OP are frankly complete idiots.

So those who are mixed raced are not entitled to having their own race/colour category? First 'mixed raced' president/’first mixed’ raced MP? If not, why not?

Oyinbos, keep living in ignorance.

You can neg me all you want. Do you actually think I give a ****?

haha oyinbos! +1!
Original post by Elipsis
That's good, don't quote me again then. I'm sick of your lack of coherent argument or ANY history, economics, or scientifically based sources. It seems you are only capable of deploying emotive arguments or insults. That will serve you well in a court of law won't it.

Yes and I'm sure your 'owning' abilities will serve you well in....wait what is it that you do again, apart from arguing online with student?
Reply 211

Ahem. The term used for military etc. accomodation is spelt with two r's. The name of the incumbent american president is spelt with 1.
Reply 212
Original post by Yawn11
FFS I'm not saying black people haven't done outstanding things.

I'm asking why are mix raced automatically referred to as black when they excell, as opposed to being white of which they are 50% of?

Perhaps the wording in the OP is misleading, but that's what I mean.

It's not that they're only ever referred to as black when they excel. And it wouldn't be right to say 'the first mixed raced US president' because that would just be wrong, since 'mixed race' is such a broad and complex term, and there are too many different types of it.
Original post by Hafsaay
It's not that they're only ever referred to as black when they excel. And it wouldn't be right to say 'the first mixed raced US president' because that would just be wrong, since 'mixed race' is such a broad and complex term, and there are too many different types of it.

Yeah and it would be wrong to say half- would cause too much ho ha
And how about Pele, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson (yes he was black), Sam Cooke, Louis Armstrong, James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Joe Louis, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Shaquille O' Neil, Eddie Murphy, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Will Smith, Usain Bolt, Linford Christie, Condeleeza Rice, Don King, George Foreman, Magic Johnson.......................................

They all excelled in their respective fields and low and behold they were black!

Your argument just blew up in your face.

Hendrix was definitely not 100% black. He had Cherokee heritage, among other things. Not that I'm agreeing with this fella's retarded argument or anything.
Reply 215
Mixing of black and white people is a bit of a grey area...
Original post by .Ali.
...And we have another schizophrenic rant on TSR.

Yes, he could be called the first mixed race president. The point is, he is the first person who is of black ethnicity (even partially) to become the US president. No, we don't think we're superior, and we don't love Hitler. If you must know, Hitler wasn't a huge fan of my religion actually. Everyone ahs their own preferences when it comes to what they find attractive, a whole race doesn't have the same preferences. :lolwut: Unless you hang around with Nick Griffin, no one cares that white people are being 'watered down'.

Not you personally, but many of your race do believe this. From what I've heard over the last 20 years.
Reply 217
I always describe myself as mixed race because that's what I am. I don't get offended when people call me black though. It's pointless.
Reply 218
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Not you personally, but many of your race do believe this. From what I've heard over the last 20 years.

There are racist white people, yes, but there are racist people of every race. I think it's unfair to say it's only white people who do this.
Reply 219
Original post by Hafsaay

Ok, what if Obama had an East Asian Parent when he became president? I doubt he'd be considered Asian...

Latest

Trending

Trending