The Student Room Group

Are there any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who like younger guys?

Scroll to see replies

I've just broken up with a guy that was 3 years younger than me, we were together for 14 months and I can honestly say never again! He ended up being so controlling and violent cos he was so insecure about the fact I was older so I now know that I will always go for a man not a little boy!!!
Original post by trooper6
I think your post would have been a little better if you had asked if they would consider marriage instead of dating.

There are plenty of 21yo single men that will do a 45yo woman if you’re talking casual sex.

There are plenty of 45yo single women that will do a 21yo man if you’re talking casual sex.

I doubt there are many 21yo men that would consider marrying a 45yo woman with the idea of marriage and raising a family.

What about them getting into a long-term relationships as boyfriend and girlfriend, but not marriage? It's true you rarely see an older girl walking down the street holding hands with a younger guy as a couple.
Original post by Sasural
Forgive me, but I think a girl who strictly likes younger guys is a pedo

She's only a 'pedo' if the guy is under 16, though.
That I can think of right now I've only ever been with one woman younger than myself.
Reply 44
Original post by DubarryGroom
I've just broken up with a guy that was 3 years younger than me, we were together for 14 months and I can honestly say never again! He ended up being so controlling and violent cos he was so insecure about the fact I was older so I now know that I will always go for a man not a little boy!!!

I don’t think age is a determining factor of some one being a total psycho. My ex-girlfriend was a total psycho that was not because she was 2 years younger than me. It was just because she was NUTTS. Looking through my phones and making plans to destroy my life IF I LEFT HER, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AGE.

I have dated a 25 year old woman when I was 17 and she was a total control freak too, so it can not be down to age.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Yawza
I don’t think age is a determining factor of some one being a total psycho. My ex-girlfriend was a total psycho that was not because she was 2 years younger than me. It was just because she was NUTTS. Looking through my phones and making plans to destroy my life IF I LEFT HER, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AGE.

I have dated a 25 year old woman when I was 17 and she was a total control freak too, so it can not be down to age.

Wow! That's quite an age gap. A 17 year old girl dating a 25 year old guy is fine, but a 17 year old guy dating a 25 year old woman is crazy! She must've been immature!
I had strong feelings for a guy for about a year but when I found out he was 8 months younger than me I felt disappointed and a bit icky. The icky feeling stopped after a few weeks, but the disappointment was there for a bit longer. I don't think I could be with a younger guy. I know people say that age is just a number but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Original post by Beadle's About
I was just wondering. It's pretty standard that girls tend to go for older guys, and guys tend to prefer younger girls. But I just wondered if there's anyone here doesn't fit into this standard, i.e. any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who prefer younger guys?

To be honest I'd find it pretty strange. I couldn't imagine dating some women in her 30s or 40s....just no! And I can't see too many girls in their late teens/early 20s wanting to be with younger guys.

Just curious though.

The very existence of the word MILF is proof that those preferences are more widespread than it seems. Older women have better personalities and more experience but are less physically attractive.
Original post by the merchant ship
I had strong feelings for a guy for about a year but when I found out he was 8 months younger than me I felt disappointed and a bit icky. The icky feeling stopped after a few weeks, but the disappointment was there for a bit longer. I don't think I could be with a younger guy. I know people say that age is just a number but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Surely if you truly liked him, the slight age gap wouldn't matter???

I guess the replies to this thread truly do confirm that girls generally prefer older guys.
I don't mind about age as long as he's mature for his age, amongst other things.
I get quite frustrated by guys who think that women in their 30's are past it - how prejudiced!:angry:

I turned 30 2 weeks ago, and fortunately, I actually look young for my age - around 24. I'm also very young at heart, still childish in some ways, im not an emotional wreck, im independant and it doesn't phase me playing XBox games - there's alot of things I find a laugh that most guys at 18-24 engage in. I'm also at uni doing a degree and most of my mates are 19 and we have a laugh- my uni mates were amazed when they found out I was nearly 30 at the time) .I'm also currently dating a near 23 year old guy and he's amazing - very mature, well educated, impeccable manners, fun, doting (on me), and we have a laugh. He said it doesn't feel like he's dating a 30 year old atall - he sees me more as 24, and thats not just because of looks, but because of my fun-loving personality and i dress young for my age too (trendy).

So, actually - to those guys who think once a woman reaches 30, she's basically past it - shame on you!

oh yeh - i'm very hot for my age too and my boyfriend can't get enough of me :tongue: lol
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
The very existence of the word MILF is proof that those preferences are more widespread than it seems. Older women have better personalities and more experience but are less physically attractive.

How old are we talking here exactly? Because for a woman of 30, I have a great body i'll have you know and I get told this many a times :tongue:
Reply 52
Unless she's a granny I don't really mind. Older women are usually more confident, more mature, easier to talk to, better in bed. Younger girls are hot.
Original post by ScouseEmma28
How old are we talking here exactly? Because for a woman of 30, I have a great body i'll have you know and I get told this many a times :tongue:

It's different every for every person. Some girls look diseased at 25, others are still conspicuously attractive at 40+. 30 is generally considered the start of "old" age, but if you still look good then I wouldn't worry about it too much. :nt:
Original post by Steezy
Unless she's a granny I don't really mind. Older women are usually more confident, more mature, easier to talk to, better in bed. Younger girls are hot.

Yeh, older women can be hot too you know..........we don't all have scales or wrinkles on our bodies...
Reply 55

I liked this post.

I'm not sure what he means though, it all depends on the woman and how she looks after herself, her lifestyle. Do you work out much, Emma? :sexface:
Original post by xayshx
tbh even bein a year or two older than the guy puts me right off. :/

Same here. I like a guy who is at least a year older, I can't even do same age.

:sexface:
Original post by Beadle's About
I do think that once women get to their late 20s and early 30s, they don't look as good.

Yeah my cousin looked like a beyonce in her younger years, sadly the looks went downhill in her late 20's, I think it was partly due to starting a family. She's just not the same any more.
Reply 59
Yeh, older women can be hot too you know..........we don't all have scales or wrinkles on our bodies...

I do know that. But if I go to a bar filled with 18 - 25 year olds, I'll cream my pants faster than if I went to a bar with 30 - 40 year olds.

I'd still cream my pants, just a little bit later.

Quick Reply