The Student Room Group

Would you believe this?

If a nineteen year old atheist female from a working class background and not on any medication claimed she didn't drink any alcohol, would you believe her?

Why or why not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why wouldn't I?
Reply 2
Yes. Because it doesnt mean shes a skank like you are subtly implying. End of.
Unless I had a significantly good reason to doubt her, yes. I've met many straight edge people.
Reply 4
Um... yeah. Its her choice as to what she does, and she has no reason to justify that to me or anyone else.
why would she claim it if it were not true?
Reply 6
Yes. But then again I also believed my mum was only 'going to the shop' taht night ten years ago.
Reply 7
I know people like that who don't drink. One of them doesn't purely because she's constantly on a diet, but I've known other people who don't drink because they don't like it/it's expensive/bad family experiences with alcohol etc.
Reply 8
yeah not everyone likes to drink
Reply 9
Well we all know those Atheists can't help but drown themselves in toxins like alcohol....

but seriously..yes why not? I know a few people who don't drink, they're all Atheist and at least one of them isn't from a high income background, as in they got £30 EMA(I know it's not a great thing to go by as it's household income so a partner giving money who doesn't live in the home doesn't count, but it's not the case for them.)
Reply 10
erm yes, not everyone chooses to drink.
I have never durnk alcohol and look at me, I'm Darth Vader.
Lol yes, why wouldn't i?
I'm an 18 year old working class female who's not on medication that doesn't drink alcohol.
Original post by TheRealDarthVader

Durnk?:rolleyes:
Original post by TheRealDarthVader

You're a **** parent though. The kid didn't even know you were his dad. :naughty:
Reply 15
So if everyone here is saying there's nothing unbelievable about that, why does my doctor always looks at me suspiciously when my answer to "How many units do you drink a week?" is none?
Reply 16
Yes. Why are you implying that's strange?
Reply 17
Original post by Jenny_C
Yes. Why are you implying that's strange?

I'm not - I'm the person in question. My doctor is.
I wouldn't see why someone would lie.
Reply 19
I wouldn't really care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending