The Student Room Group

Only just sent my UCAS off....

Am i screwed? :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The deadline is in January, you will be fine. Lots of people are in your boat.

Or I will be screwed too haha.
No.
Nope. As long as you apply before the deadline it makes no difference.
Reply 4
I sent my application off this time last year and I got 5 unconditionals. As long as it's before the deadline you are fine and have exactly the same chances as everyone else who sends their applications away before the deadline - no matter how early they were (:
Original post by Ronda
I sent my application off this time last year and I got 5 unconditionals. As long as it's before the deadline you are fine and have exactly the same chances as everyone else who sends their applications away before the deadline - no matter how early they were (:

How come people get offers before the deadline then!
I haven't still sent mine off! My ref is taking time. She needs certain information :/
Original post by Destroyviruses
How come people get offers before the deadline then!
I haven't still sent mine off! My ref is taking time. She needs certain information :/

They're the people that the university know would get an offer anyway - people that are such good applicants the university definitely want them.

For the universities that consider applicants before the equal considerations deadline, they will know roughly how many applications they'll be getting at what point, and will keep plenty of offers back until all of them are in.
Reply 7
I think its the 15th January or something that the deadline is where before you get equal consideration. Don't panic, some people get in to just to get it in earlier like me, or they are so excited they do it really early to get it off). You're before that deadline so don't worry.

Good luck!
Reply 8
don't worry about 3/4 of my 6th form haven't sent theirs off yet and you have aplplied before the deadline so there is absolutely nothing to worry about...

Good luck btw :biggrin:
Original post by TheSownRose
They're the people that the university know would get an offer anyway - people that are such good applicants the university definitely want them.

For the universities that consider applicants before the equal considerations deadline, they will know roughly how many applications they'll be getting at what point, and will keep plenty of offers back until all of them are in.

Thanks. :smile: I'll worry less now.
Reply 10
I'm still waiting for my reference to be added so I can send mine off :frown: I'm sure it'll be January now though as I'm not imagining them writing it out over Christmas....

Honestly though, you'll be fine to get into uni as long as you apply before the deadline.
Guys, even though the deadline isn't until 15th January, doesn't mean you should leave it untill a day before. Sending it off early will allow you to recieve offers/rejections earlier, and therefore get an idea of what choices you have. The way I see it, the earlier you send it off the better chance you have of being prepared
Original post by pinda.college
Guys, even though the deadline isn't until 15th January, doesn't mean you should leave it untill a day before. Sending it off early will allow you to recieve offers/rejections earlier, and therefore get an idea of what choices you have. The way I see it, the earlier you send it off the better chance you have of being prepared

Not at this stage it won't.
No.
Reply 14

I'm not so sure. I mean York and Nottingham gave me an offer pretty on and they're ridiculously competitive for English. Yet I got 3A* 8A at GCSE and an IB prediction of 39 points. I wold have thought that there would be at least 200 applicants with better grades than mine and given the fact that they only have circa 120-150 places, it surprised me that they gave me an offer so quickly (or in Nottingham's case, an offer so low).

The mind boggles :dontknow:
Not at this stage it won't.

But it will. A person who applied last month, and has recieved all their offers will be in a slightly better (More comfortable position) than someone who's still polishing their personal statement. Not that it's unholy or a sin not to have sent off your application, it's just better in a way that you know where you stand if you have offers.

If you're talking about right now when you said 'not at this stage', then you're kind of right. I'm talking about the ones who sent it off pre-November.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that you're application will be frowned upon for sending it in a few weeks before the deadline.
Original post by sango
I'm not so sure. I mean York and Nottingham gave me an offer pretty on and they're ridiculously competitive for English. Yet I got 3A* 8A at GCSE and an IB prediction of 39 points. I wold have thought that there would be at least 200 applicants with better grades than mine and given the fact that they only have circa 120-150 places, it surprised me that they gave me an offer so quickly (or in Nottingham's case, an offer so low).

The mind boggles :dontknow:

They may only have that many places, but will make many times more offers than that. Plus, it's not all grades - maybe you have something pretty impressive in your application, or wrote a brilliant statement? :p:
Original post by pinda.college
But it will. A person who applied last month, and has recieved all their offers will be in a slightly better (More comfortable position) than someone who's still polishing their personal statement. Not that it's unholy or a sin not to have sent off your application, it's just better in a way that you know where you stand if you have offers.

If you're talking about right now when you said 'not at this stage', then you're kind of right. I'm talking about the ones who sent it off pre-November.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that you're application will be frowned upon for sending it in a few weeks before the deadline.

But they're not really in a better position because they have all of their offers by late December, they're just earlier.
Universities are supposed to treat all applications equal before 15/01/2011 but obviously some people have already had offers. One of my university(two courses applied for) are not going to give out offers until after 15th January. There may be other universities out there, that may operate in the same way
Reply 19
They may only have that many places, but will make many times more offers than that. Plus, it's not all grades - maybe you have something pretty impressive in your application, or wrote a brilliant statement? :p:

Hmm but what if everybody firms them? Not like of course but surely they may end up with to many people who has them as a firm? I was worried that I would end up being a victim of some automatic cut off. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending