The Student Room Group

Iran slams UK for human rights violations in student protests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Democracy
It has nothing to do with energy (or even ideology in some cases), but more to do with the $200 a day these filth are paid.

"We are getting paid 200,000 toman [about $200] a day by the government," a member of the group said in an e-mail made available to The Times. "We are being instructed to go into the streets and hit people, everyone and anyone who is out, until they can no longer get up. We are being fed lunch and dinner and given rooms to sleep in at night in undisclosed locations."

Did you hear about Jafar Panahi being jailed and banned from making films? Disgraceful. :mad:
Well, i guess they have the right to express what they are saying, since the UK has slammed iran in the past on their human rights violations, so why can't Iran say the same about the UK?

It is true, the UK and IRAN are in breech of Human rights.
Iranian statesmen live in their own little world, don't they? :nt:
Reply 23
Original post by Hamesh
Why is PressTV allowed to be aired in the UK?

It has been found in breach of impartiality several times. I wrote an article on the propaganda of PressTV you can read here. Anyone who considers PressTV anywhere near impartial or credible really isn't worthy of anyone's time.
Reply 24
Original post by crazycake93
Well, i guess they have the right to express what they are saying, since the UK has slammed iran in the past on their human rights violations, so why can't Iran say the same about the UK?

It is true, the UK and IRAN are in breech of Human rights.

No! you see that's the mush-brained moral relativism of which I speak.

George Orwell noted it among pacifists prior to the second world war.

It's not the pot calling the kettle black - it's Harold Shipman trying to get off the hook by trying to divert peoples attention to people who've parked on double yellow.
Reply 25
i reckon they said that because of Uk/US/Israel hypocritical condemning of iran about such stupid things like nuclear weapons when the US has got hundreds and is the only country to have used one, and then those countries have the nerve to try and start a war in iran because of it.
Reply 26
Original post by 4TSR
lol

Why? :redface:

Original post by Folderol
It has been found in breach of impartiality several times. I wrote an article on the propaganda of PressTV you can read here. Anyone who considers PressTV anywhere near impartial or credible really isn't worthy of anyone's time.

no offence, it still doesn't explain why it is still airing in the UK, but you do raise a good point abouts its impartiality?
Reply 27
Original post by sinbad23
i reckon they said that because of Uk/US/Israel hypocritical condemning of iran about such stupid things like nuclear weapons when the US has got hundreds and is the only country to have used one, and then those countries have the nerve to try and start a war in iran because of it.

No one's trying to start a war in Iran harder than Saudi Arabia.

it's almost as if no one hates Muslims more than Muslims of a slightly different type.

Muslims killing Muslims is the biggest threat to Muslims - but Muslims never want to talk about it... they want to talk about Israel.
I wonder if on some Iranian student forum there is a thread saying "LOL the UK is criticising us for developing a nuclear weapons programme at the same time that they are slashing their naval and air force strength just so they can foot the bill for renewing Trident"
Original post by Joinedup
No! you see that's the mush-brained moral relativism of which I speak.

George Orwell noted it among pacifists prior to the second world war.

It's not the pot calling the kettle black - it's Harold Shipman trying to get off the hook by trying to divert peoples attention to people who've parked on double yellow.

That may be so, diverting people's attention. But speaking morally - is it ''ok'' to beat innocent protestors and kettle masses of people who aren't related to the protest.
I'm not advocating Iran's use of a military rule to make the people live in fear, etc. But its hypocritical to say that while Iran violates human rights, the UK does not. As you can see from some of the comments on this thread, you can clearly see my arguement in terms of bias.
Reply 30
Original post by Hamesh
no offence, it still doesn't explain why it is still airing in the UK, but you do raise a good point abouts its impartiality?

Because it takes a lot for a TV network to be shut down in a liberal country. The Islam Channel is still up they've, according to Ofcom had "A pro-Wahhabi preacher (Sheikh Abdul Majid Ali) on Islam Channel’s IslamiQA programme advocated violence against women and described women who wear perfume as ‘prostitutes’... The Muslimah Dilemma programme, hosted by a senior Hizb ut-Tahrir member, Nazreen Nawaz, was supportive of marital rape."
Reply 31
Original post by Joinedup
No one's trying to start a war in Iran harder than Saudi Arabia.

it's almost as if no one hates Muslims more than Muslims of a slightly different type.

Muslims killing Muslims is the biggest threat to Muslims - but Muslims never want to talk about it... they want to talk about Israel.

Let me guess your israeli and you believe wikileaks 100%
Because it takes a lot for a TV network to be shut down in a liberal country. The Islam Channel is still up they've, according to Ofcom had "A pro-Wahhabi preacher (Sheikh Abdul Majid Ali) on Islam Channel’s IslamiQA programme advocated violence against women and described women who wear perfume as ‘prostitutes’... The Muslimah Dilemma programme, hosted by a senior Hizb ut-Tahrir member, Nazreen Nawaz, was supportive of marital rape."

I tuned into that channel, and a mother called into a Q&A session to ask if it was permitted for her toddler son to play with dice... :lolwut:
Reply 33
Following recent abuses by British police against students protesting the government's plan to triple tuition fees, an Iranian lawmaker slams violation of human rights in the UK. "The UK government ignores civil rights of students and reacts harshly to peaceful protests," a member of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of the Iranian Parliament (Majlis), Heshmatollah Falahatpisheh, told IRNA on Tuesday.

The Iranian lawmaker pointed out that British statesmen still refuse to accept realities in their own country and regard themselves as a "global superpower."

The source is one of Iran's many propaganda outlets, PressTV (so apologists, Islamists and the like, please don't start talking about sources).

Any thoughts?

iran doesn't care about british domestic issues, rather they wanted to make a point about british hypocrisy by summoning the british envoy to tehran
Reply 34

I s'pose. :juggle: Thanks for providing info though.
(edited 13 years ago)
oh no he di'ent
Reply 36
haha irans basically saying, " when we have protest and you decide to stick you noses in our affairs, we will stick our nose in your affairs" it works both ways

in other words its purly political
Only the Islamic Republic.
The police actions of the British government are a trifle compared to the brutal murder perpetrated by the Iranian government on a daily basis. These ****s will pick at anything even though they've deliberately done things which are a hundred times worse.

Maybe the Islamofascist Republic of Iran should stay true to its cause and admit that it would have had trained thugs shoot directly into crowds.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by sinbad23
Let me guess your israeli and you believe wikileaks 100%

Errr no and no...

Just something I've noticed - there's no merit in it really. Just not being blinkered by a hateful religion that got stuck in the dark ages, or so full of pseudo-left self-righteous hatred of my own country that I'm prepared to take communitarian grievance mongering at face value. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending