The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh what courses would you say attract the majority of 'rahs'?

Worried now that Newcastle is my firm, but I'm hoping that Computer Science isn't generally their thing. :P
Original post by emmielociraptor
Oxbridge and Durham I reckon.

Birmingham definitely isn't.

really? My School is (somewhat annoyingly..) ridiculously rah and according to the school website Brum is the joint most popular uni to go to along with Nottingham..
Original post by Crimsonchilli
really? My School is (somewhat annoyingly..) ridiculously rah and according to the school website Brum is the joint most popular uni to go to along with Nottingham..

There probably are a few knocking about but with 28,000 students I don't bump into many :smile:
From reading this thread, I have realised my best friend is a rah... ah well.
Original post by .Ali.
Haha, I've never seen any of these 'rahs' be horrible to anyone though, unless it was provoked. I personally am not rude unless someone insults me. So I don't get why there's all the hate. :s-smilie:

You don't have to be outwardly rude or horrible to someone to be found annoying though.

Though saying that, I got picked on by the rahs at my old school because I was a little bit goth/emo and a massive nerd. Maybe that's where my prejudice comes from.
Reply 125
Urban dictionary can be helpful sometimes. I had forgotten the proper definition of a rah. heh
Reply 126
You don't have to be outwardly rude or horrible to someone to be found annoying though.

Though saying that, I got picked on by the rahs at my old school because I was a little bit goth/emo and a massive nerd. Maybe that's where my prejudice comes from.

I agree, but I've never found them annoying...then again, my friends and myself seem to fit the TSR definition of one...as I said, we're not rude to people for no reason though.

Aww, that sucks that you got picked on. I got picked on by chavs (there were even chavs at private school, they were on a damn scholarship, don't ask me how because they were thick as well), so that's one reason I dislike them haha.
Royal Holloways = Rah's
Original post by JackWoot
Ahhh what courses would you say attract the majority of 'rahs'?

Worried now that Newcastle is my firm, but I'm hoping that Computer Science isn't generally their thing. :P

In my experience: music, history, history of art, art history, ancient history, the art of history in music and medicine
Original post by .Ali.
I agree, but I've never found them annoying...then again, my friends and myself seem to fit the TSR definition of one...as I said, we're not rude to people for no reason though.

Aww, that sucks that you got picked on. I got picked on by chavs (there were even chavs at private school, they were on a damn scholarship, don't ask me how because they were thick as well), so that's one reason I dislike them haha.

Chavs are no better. They sat on the walls round our school and yelled at us when we walked by. They're openly aggressive towards other people. I've found with rahs they're much more passive aggressive.

In short-

Chav: OI YOU F***IN POSH W***ERS BLEEHHHHHH LOLZ
Rah: What, you can't afford your own car?
Reply 130
Chavs are no better. They sat on the walls round our school and yelled at us when we walked by. They're openly aggressive towards other people. I've found with rahs they're much more passive aggressive.

In short-

Chav: OI YOU F***IN POSH W***ERS BLEEHHHHHH LOLZ
Rah: What, you can't afford your own car
?

LOL that's like what used to happen with us. But we'd only say it after we got called "posh tw*ts" or whatever.
Original post by .Ali.
LOL that's like what used to happen with us. But we'd only say it after we got called "posh tw*ts" or whatever.

:rolleyes: at least you're proud of who you are.

And you haven't offended me yet so I forgive you for being a rah.
Reply 132
Saw a few at the St. Andrews open day. Particularly one who drove around in some old classic car with his tweed jacket and hunter boots on :L

oh and a pair of these badboys

I **** you not haha
Reply 133
:rolleyes: at least you're proud of who you are.

And you haven't offended me yet so I forgive you for being a rah.

It makes sense though, because if they're going to mock other people's backgrounds (the posh tw*t remarks and the like), then they should expect it back.

Haha, thanks...I think. :tongue:
Original post by Delaney
Saw a few at the St. Andrews open day. Particularly one who drove around in some old classic car with his tweed jacket and hunter boots on :L

oh and a pair of these badboys

I **** you not haha

You srs?
Original post by sixthformer
wrong
bath does not at all feature in the top 10, nottingham is higher but still not close. LSE is only good for economics and such, and overall, is is much worse than most.you miss out leiscter, which over all, is in the top 7.

Check it:smile:

What the hell are you talking about? The person was talking about the Sunday Times tables for highest private school intake, and HEFCE tables, not league tables.

What the hell are you talking about with Leicester in the top 7? For what? What does LSE being good for economics have anything to do with this thread?

Been smoking something exotic?
Tbh, Exeter even at secondary school/college level is pretty rah. And there's only one state college as most of the sixth forms are private.

I don't care, I went there for college and I'm going there for uni, I don't care if they're rah, they're generally nice.
Reply 137
Original post by adam0311
You srs?

Deadly serious, it was kinda like this car.

Actually ST ANDREWS has a pretty high posh population.

I don't understand why we can't base uni places on achievement rather than wealth.
Reply 139
Original post by Delaney
Deadly serious, it was kinda like this car.

Lol what a lad. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending