The Student Room Group

She doesn't deserve him..

I've been really close friend with this guy since September now. We talk most days. He tells me about his problems with he girlfriend of a year - who actually broke up for a week soon after I met him. She seems like she doesn't deserve him. He's such a lovely guy and loves her so much and spoils her rotten. But she always seems so harsh to him, like being in moods with him loads, (he gets really upset by this) and cancelling dates at last minute - like literally the last minute.
I know it's not my place to do anything about it, but it is really upsetting to watch him love her more than she loves him back. I know this might not be the whole truth as I'm only an outsider - and I also have feelings for him :frown: (not that I would want to date him just other stuff:colondollar:) But I understand he love her so I wouldn't do anything due to my feelings.
Do I really just have to watch and wait for him to get his heartbroken? And every time he complains to me about her, I never know what to say, any tips on cheering him up without becoming involved? :/
Reply 1
Let him be a mug. Don't be one yourself.
Reply 2
Tell him exactly the above ^^ (maybe not about wanting to get on him tho lol) just that you're his mate, you don't want him to get hurt and this girl isn't good enough for him and isn't treating him the way he deserves to be treated. Ultimately its going to be up to him but you shouldnt have to listen to him talk about how much of a jebend she is if he isn't willing to do anything about it.
Maybe drop a hint about how unhappy he looks
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan

As if he wont already know. I honestly don't know why people come out with stuff like this.
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan

Like put a mirror in front of his face? :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Tell him exactly the above ^^ (maybe not about wanting to get on him tho lol) just that you're his mate, you don't want him to get hurt and this girl isn't good enough for him and isn't treating him the way he deserves to be treated. Ultimately its going to be up to him but you shouldnt have to listen to him talk about how much of a jebend she is if he isn't willing to do anything about it.

I don't think that would work.. he is really infatuated by her (I think that's the right word to use..) plus I've never actually been introduced to her.. so he would say I'm not a good judge (but I can judge his emotions fine!) I've seen her around college, I think she knows I'm good friends with her bf - she gives me evils a lot.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think that would work.. he is really infatuated by her (I think that's the right word to use..) plus I've never actually been introduced to her.. so he would say I'm not a good judge (but I can judge his emotions fine!) I've seen her around college, I think she knows I'm good friends with her bf - she gives me evils a lot.

She sounds lovely :rolleyes: lol. Well, then all you can really do chick is be a supportive mate and be there when their relationship comes to an end, which it inevitably will as no guy (hopefully) will put up with being treated like a mug long term. Just don't weird him out by telling him about the way you feel straight away as he may interpret the support you gave him before as having an ulterior motive. Hope it works out for you :smile:
Reply 8
Maybe he's just stuck in a closed loop and needs you to break him out of it. Sometimes, you need to shake your fist in someone's face to let them know they're a *anker.

Similar thing. Next time he lets you in on something like a cancelled date, make him aware of the situation, along with your feelings.
Reply 9
oh honey, you do anything and you will be involved
Well if he ain't gonna listen to you, let him find out the hard way.
Reply 11
Don't do anything, you don't want to be the girl that interferes in other peoples relationships, especially as your motives aren't exactly kosher either.
kill her, he will be so depressed, then sleep with him.

problem solved and you're both happy.

hmm maybe i can help, (look at my username :biggrin:)
Reply 13
Does he tell you the good things? If not then you're likely to have a biased opinion, people tend to just complain to others instead of compliment to others. Its probably best not to get involved.
Reply 14
Original post by Peachz
Does he tell you the good things? If not then you're likely to have a biased opinion, people tend to just complain to others instead of compliment to others. Its probably best not to get involved.

He does tell me good things about her. Like how pretty she is, how much he loves her. etc.
Reply 15
He does tell me good things about her. Like how pretty she is, how much he loves her. etc.

No, like actual good things that happen with them? People complain a lot.
This is going to get you hurt, big time. I just think if he can waste his time with a girl that is clearly unworthy, then let him. He's letting go whats right infront of him, you! Don't tell him your feelings..it will be your biggest mistake. He will think that you've been supportive just so that you can get with him. Its hard i know, but try and not be involved so much. Good luck :smile:

S.D
Reply 17
Original post by Peachz
No, like actual good things that happen with them? People complain a lot.

He has occasionally. I understand what you mean though, of course I don't know everything, but I still dislike how unhappy he can get.

Original post by sunshine745
This is going to get you hurt, big time. I just think if he can waste his time with a girl that is clearly unworthy, then let him. He's letting go whats right infront of him, you! Don't tell him your feelings..it will be your biggest mistake. He will think that you've been supportive just so that you can get with him. Its hard i know, but try and not be involved so much. Good luck :smile:

S.D

Haha I love how positive you made that :smile:
He does "notice" me, as in his eyes are fixated on my legs or bum when we go to the gym together :')
It's just annoying having to wait as well.. :/ I just have a feeling they will break up, in the next few months, but it won't be for a while. Not till a while after Christmas at least.
Reply 18
Sing him You belong with me by Taylor Swift. Maybe he'll get the message.

He has occasionally. I understand what you mean though, of course I don't know everything, but I still dislike how unhappy he can get.

Haha I love how positive you made that :smile:
He does "notice" me, as in his eyes are fixated on my legs or bum when we go to the gym together :')
It's just annoying having to wait as well.. :/ I just have a feeling they will break up, in the next few months, but it won't be for a while. Not till a while after Christmas at least.

Then wait until next year! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending