The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i've never found muscular people attractive! i want a mate, not a beefcake. i like 'em lithe/flexible and nimble

to quote a line from an old bloodhound gang song ('three point one-four'), ''the thinner is the winner'' :'D
Reply 61
Original post by oHellno

Original post by oHellno
Yesss, arms and abs <3

What, why did this get a negative whatever, it's so true. Nice, muscly arms are wonderful :love:
Reply 62
Original post by Yawn11
It's just insecure TSR bitches that say that they find muscle unattractive.

Exactly, they know guys like that wouldn't give them a second glance and therefore pretend that they don't like them anyway.

It's a bit like how fat people pretend that they prefer "something to hold on to", when the reality is that they are just too unattractive for a slim, good-looking person to even consider sleeping with them.
Reply 63
Original post by RoshniDiya
Do you know what borderline anorexic actually looks like? Lol, he looks pretty fit to me, not weak at all. Whether you think so or not, that type of body is my preference. Why does it seem to annoy you?

yeah, it looks like a skinny phaggot, sort of like Brad Pitt, you don't know what fit or weak means clearly
Reply 64
I think that's pretty ****ing disgusting and offensive to actual anorexics.

We get it - BRAD PITT IS SKIINNEY!

Shut the **** up.
Who cares? What's the point in looking good when your personality is ass?
Original post by a_t
yeah, it looks like a skinny phaggot, sort of like Brad Pitt, you don't know what fit or weak means clearly

Hmm ok, i clearly don't know what i want.
What kind of body do you have? :colone:
Reply 67
As with everything, it all comes back to height. Women like muscle but they like men who look slim and tall more. When you start putting on muscle to an extent that it no longer makes you look slim and tall but wider, then you become unattractive. The impact of muscle on attractiveness isn't significant anyway. It's all about height. If you are above 5'10" then just don't become overweight, if you are below that height then you are ****ed whatever you do.
Reply 68
I'm 6'2, 9 stone (I'm doing my best to get up to 10) and hitting the gym twice a week to work back, shoulders, chest, arms and cardio.

Currently, due to my slenderness, my abs, pecs and traps are visible in what I would describe as a 'swimmers' body, I look good when I tense and I've got strong arms due to drumming for 4 years but they don't look particularly big.

Oh, and to whomever used the phrase "Skinny jean wearing, hair salon having androgynous fairies," jog on you over-masculine jebend. Truly cannot stand people who think because I style my hair I have no personality, and I know full well I could leave you on the ground, so do me a favour and leave out the stereotypes.
Reply 69
Original post by ShakeyJJ
I'm 6'2, 9 stone (I'm doing my best to get up to 10) and hitting the gym twice a week to work back, shoulders, chest, arms and cardio.

What about leg's they are the most important thing to work on if your trying to add a bit of mass.
Reply 70
Original post by Zander5
What about leg's they are the most important thing to work on if your trying to add a bit of mass.

I've got fairly muscular legs from drumming and walking mostly everywhere I go, need to add some mass to the upper body really to look a bit bigger, then I'd be very happy with my appearance.
Reply 71
My boyfriend is a dancer so he has a little bit of abs and a bit of arms I love that!! :biggrin: Not too much though I think it is horrible
Seeing as TSR represents the general opinion of every girl in the world, you're ****ed.
Reply 73
i for one do go for the muscular type.
six packs, pecks and arms.
do make me go all weak-knee'd.
especially the boyfriend's type. <3
Reply 74
I've got fairly muscular legs from drumming and walking mostly everywhere I go.

Ah that old chestnut.

Didnt know walking was equivalent to squating 100kg.:rolleyes:

Currently, due to my slenderness, my abs, pecs and traps are visible in what I would describe as a 'swimmers' body, I look good when I tense and I've got strong arms due to drumming for 4 years but they don't look particularly big.

Oh, and to whomever used the phrase "Skinny jean wearing, hair salon having androgynous fairies," jog on you over-masculine jebend. Truly cannot stand people who think because I style my hair I have no personality, and I know full well I could leave you on the ground, so do me a favour and leave out the stereotypes.

I've got fairly muscular legs from drumming and walking mostly everywhere I go, need to add some mass to the upper body really to look a bit bigger, then I'd be very happy with my appearance.

Yes you have muscular legs from drumming and walking. :facepalm2:

I personally like muscular bodies, and imo Brad Pitt's physique in Fight Club does nothing for me. I don't think being muscular equates to 'spending all your time in the gym' LOL

I think the key is training for yourself and not for girls because not many people know what they like and even then many girls like different things (boys in skinny jeans :nn:), so just have the confidence to train for yourself and yourself alone but if you're going to train, do it right and don't neglect your legs. I personally thing legs, back and a nice firm arse are the most important thing, even more important than abs or pecs and there is nothing attractive about the Johnny Bravo look so train right and squat.

Reply 76
Original post by BillySharp92
Trawling through these threads it would appear that the ideal guy is either:

a) Skinny

b) With a bit of podge

Yet no females actually seem to go for the 'muscular look' anymore. I can see how "Bodybuilding size" could be very off putting, but aren't girls programmed to go for the tall, broad, muscly types ahead of either scrawny or very average body types?

Obviously, guys so obsessed with their physique are likely to be off putting for their lifestyle choice, but I don't really understand why girls on TSR seem to be so put off by six packs, pecs and biceps which all equate to a protective and healthy human.
Anyone with a love for muscles left on here?

I dislike muscles because:
1) I don't think they look nice
2) I don't like how they feel when you hug a guy. They're all hard and gross.
3) I don't like how they feel when you're lying down with a guy.
4) I don't want a boyfriend who is obsessed with the gym
5) Veins scare me, and on muscles, you can see the veins.

I don't like really skinny guys either, I like average guys. Personally, if I had to pick, I think chubby guys are better than muscly guys, because he has to feel nice to hug. :h:
Reply 77
Original post by DH-Biker
*jumps up and down to being 6'4 in height, a foot and a half across broad, having muscly arms and a muscly body! Is officially now happy with his gym and biking work!*

Mate loving some of those pics
Reply 78
Original post by sleekchic
Yes you have muscular legs from drumming and walking. :facepalm2:

I personally like muscular bodies, and imo Brad Pitt's physique in Fight Club does nothing for me. I don't think being muscular equates to 'spending all your time in the gym' LOL

I think the key is training for yourself and not for girls because not many people know what they like and even then many girls like different things (boys in skinny jeans :nn:), so just have the confidence to train for yourself and yourself alone but if you're going to train, do it right and don't neglect your legs. I personally thing legs, back and a nice firm arse are the most important thing, even more important than abs or pecs and there is nothing attractive about the Johnny Bravo look so train right and squat.

And I'd like you to tell me how either of those things are wrong, I eat before going out and I walk a good few kilometres a day. Drumming with two bass drum pedals which me to keep myself on my toes while pushing down and tensing up my lower leg (sorry, no good with the names of leg muscles). Or, if I'm wrong, I don't know why I have muscular legs, I just do.
Body isn't really that big of a deal, so long as you're not overweight really. For example, I like a whole range of different celebrities who all have different body types, but I like them for their behaviours/face/personality so it really isn't that big of an issue.

Latest

Trending

Trending