The Student Room Group

Harder Questions for C3???

Hi i've got my C3 (ocr) exam coming up in January and I know everything in the book and the notes, and I can do about 95% of all the questions on all the past papers I have quite easily. I'm wondering if anyone could suggest certain question areas which may come up as the last question (things a bit more advanced, but more importantly which require critical thinking.) I know this is really vague, but I would appreciate any positive contributions
Reply 1
Solomon papers maybe?
Get some Delphis (not sure of the spelling) papers off your school. They're designed to be more difficult than an average paper
Reply 3
I looked at the Solomon papers but they seem ok. Anything else?
Reply 4
If solomon seems ok then maybe look at the AEA papers and pick out questions you think you can do? Don't be disheartened if you can't seem to do any though, AEA tests C1-C4 so you may not know enough to do every uestion and it is also aimed at the top 10% of A-level maths candidates.
The next step from AEA would be STEP but that is a huge leap (STEP is aimed at the top 2% of A-level maths candidates).

And when you say you looked at the solomon papers, did you actually try the uestions? Sometimes a question looks easier than it actually is :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
if u think solomon is ok then stop revising :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ElMoro
If solomon seems ok then maybe look at the AEA papers and pick out questions you think you can do? Don't be disheartened if you can't seem to do any though, AEA tests C1-C4 so you may not know enough to do every uestion and it is also aimed at the top 10% of A-level maths candidates.
The next step from AEA would be STEP but that is a huge leap (STEP is aimed at the top 2% of A-level maths candidates).

And when you say you looked at the solomon papers, did you actually try the uestions? Sometimes a question looks easier than it actually is :wink:

Thanks and yeah i did two past papers, they took more time than the ocr ones, but i wanted something where you had to think outside the box if you know what i mean. I would say the difference from ocr and solomon is the difference of AS to A2. Saying that maybe the two i tried were easier ones. Anyway thanks
Reply 7
Wow step is insane, just did one question (about 15 mins) and I think i can do 1 maybe 2 others.
Original post by thetaxman123
Wow step is insane, just did one question (about 15 mins) and I think i can do 1 maybe 2 others.

If you can do 3 STEP questions following your first look at a STEP paper then you don't need to bother with revising for C3 at all to be honest with you.
I didn't revise for C3 or C4 from the exam papers, but rather just stuck to STEP papers. I did alright...

Quick Reply

Latest