The Student Room Group

belly piercing/ lower back tattoo - always skanky?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So many girls seem to have a lower back tattoo, be different and put it somewhere else.
I find lower back tattoos to be quite tacky as it is always some bland flower butterfly where everyone has jumped on a tattoo bandwagon. I don't find belly piercings at all tasteful. Tattoos only look good if they have a meaning behind it. I have two. A phoenix spread across my back (symbol of rebirth. Being born from ashes. To me it means rising from my troubles to live another day. I also have a fairy on my upper arm as people always said I was off with the fairies.
If you do get one you must be certain you'll still like it in 30 years time when your skin won't be as it is now.. because tattoos are for life and can't be removed just because you've changed your interests.
Reply 42
I have nothing against lower back tattoos, although I wouldnt choose to have one there personally as its not me.

Also, I dont 'get' all this crap about having a tattoo that means something. I have a tattoo on my wrist, a small one. I had it because I liked the design, and I'd wanted one for ages - it has no meaning whatsoever though, and I couldnt care less! Its not a memorial to a relative or a friend, and it doesnt signify an event from my past, but does why should it matter??

If you like the tattoo then get it, that's really all there is to it. As long as you will be happy in 20/30 years time to still have it there, then thats all that should matter.
Reply 43
Belly piercing are fine imo unless you've got a bit of extra flab on your tummy.

Back tattoos will always be labled as tramp stamps I'm afraid. Best to avoid. I do think they look sexy though.
Reply 44
Original post by RahRah09
Belly piercing are fine imo unless you've got a bit of extra flab on your tummy.

Back tattoos will always be labled as tramp stamps I'm afraid. Best to avoid. I do think they look sexy though.

thanks. im flat bellied, 22 inch waist thanks to tribal bellydance :top:

trampies - well if im a devout catholic 25 year old virgin, surely it cant count as a trampie on me? i just want to feel hotter, not to show it to anyone, since due to my beliefs no guys will date me and i feel as sexy as an old comfy sofa.
Reply 45
Original post by shinytoy
thanks. im flat bellied, 22 inch waist thanks to tribal bellydance :top:

trampies - well if im a devout catholic 25 year old virgin, surely it cant count as a trampie on me? i just want to feel hotter, not to show it to anyone, since due to my beliefs no guys will date me and i feel as sexy as an old comfy sofa.

Any classy/religious/etc girl who dresses like a hoe will look like a hoe (maybe a hoe wannabe). Unless you have that explanation about being a religious 25 year old virgin tattooed alongside your tramp stamp then men are gonna think you're a bit loose, a bit slutty. Sexy yes, but meh. I really don't think it's a good idea. Could you not get a tattoo somewhere else. On the foot and hand are very sex places without being obvious about it.
Reply 46
Any classy/religious/etc girl who dresses like a hoe will look like a hoe (maybe a hoe wannabe). Unless you have that explanation about being a religious 25 year old virgin tattooed alongside your tramp stamp then men are gonna think you're a bit loose, a bit slutty. Sexy yes, but meh. I really don't think it's a good idea. Could you not get a tattoo somewhere else. On the foot and hand are very sex places without being obvious about it.

no, i did say it wouldnt be seen due to clothing covering it all the time. i want to feel like a hoe wannabe/slutty/sexy becasue soon im gonna be a 30 y/o virgin and feel really asexual and boring and like a sofa right now, since dudes think chastity is not hot. I need to be aware of my hotness and feel empowered by it.. i dont need anyone to see it, only i will know its there
Reply 47
Original post by CB91
I always read your name as Lets-do-the-time-war-penguin. :colonhash:

So do I :colondollar:.

As for the OP. Lower back tattoos do have a reputation of being "trampy" but I personally don't care about it. When I can afford it I'm getting one done (I've got three other tats that I want to have done first though so it's probably going to be a few years before I get it.) I'm getting something like this on my lower back (that's pretty much the base design.. I'm going to be adding and taking away quite a bit of stuff). I want it because it's a tattoo for my religion. I don't give a crap about what people will think about me because of it.

Anyway, as for your scorpion, I wouldn't get that on your lower back unless you have it as the centrepiece of a larger design. I don't think it will look too good on there (it's so small and the back is a pretty large canvas compared to other parts of the body.) Maybe see if you can find some transfer tattoos of scorpions about the size you want and try out the placement on different parts. Or, get a pen and draw it on yourself (or get a friend to draw it on) just to see...
Reply 48
no, i did say it wouldnt be seen due to clothing covering it all the time. i want to feel like a hoe wannabe/slutty/sexy becasue soon im gonna be a 30 y/o virgin and feel really asexual and boring and like a sofa right now, since dudes think chastity is not hot. I need to be aware of my hotness and feel empowered by it.. i dont need anyone to see it, only i will know its there

Could you not just wear sexy underwear rather than permanently inking your skin? Maybe get henna done occasionally. I think this is a tattoo choice that you'd end up regretting because it doesn't seem to mean anything significant to you. It's just trying to fill in a void for your low self-esteem.

When you do get married to a nice Christian boy, chances are he may not be impressed by your tramp stamp.
Shinytoy - you're contradicting yourself. You said above that your tramp stamp wouldn't be seen ever, but if you're really a belly dancer (doubtful) then it would be on show. Get your story straight.
Reply 50
Could you not just wear sexy underwear rather than permanently inking your skin? Maybe get henna done occasionally. I think this is a tattoo choice that you'd end up regretting because it doesn't seem to mean anything significant to you. It's just trying to fill in a void for your low self-esteem.

When you do get married to a nice Christian boy, chances are he may not be impressed by your tramp stamp.

you mean, 'if' i get married....i havent ever had a proper bf, guys arent interested in religious girls. on an hr thread some guy was saying about he knew a couple girls with similar beliefs who are now in their 30s and 40s and unmarried therefore virgins.

i havent met a single decent catholic dude in a quarter of a centurey. therefore im gonna live my life for me. and if i wana sl*t myself up secretly to ease the pain of being a 40 y/o virgin then i gues thats the way its gotta be. henna only lasts a couple weeks anyhow (longer on the palms or soles of feet).
Meh they both look retarded
fellows.

ive wanted to get both of these for sooo long! but am now 25 and its now or never! when i was younger my parents said it was a skanky look and i had to wait til i was older, but then i hit 22 and they said i was too old for it!

i LOVE tribal bellydance and want to do professional dancing by the end of the (new) year. google rachel brice to see what i mean.

also, i really like the badness of the look of the lower back tattoo, i was thinking of a small paisley motif or a scorpion (im scorpio).

but what would you think if you saw this on a girl? i know there is a stereotype of gals with tattoos as promiscuous and deviant but actually im devoutly catholic (founder of TSR catholic society) and a virgin waiting until marriage.

so what would you think? go for it or not?

Go for it my dear. Both tattoos and piercings (especially belly buttons!) in moderation are extremely hot! :P
Reply 53
Belly piercings are hot. Actually all piercings are pretty hot :sogood:
i have my belly button pierced and don't think its skanky.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
i have my belly button pierced and don't think its skanky.

You free to get some chicken sometime? :P
Original post by HSG1992
You free to get some chicken sometime? :P

what?
what?

Belly button piercings are hot. You have a belly button piercing. Ergo, you are hot.

So let's have dinner and get you really drunk to lower your inhibitions :smile:
Original post by HSG1992
Belly button piercings are hot. You have a belly button piercing. Ergo, you are hot.

So let's have dinner and get you really drunk to lower your inhibitions :smile:

oh dear.
oh dear.

Okay, I get the feeling now that you didn't know I was kidding :tongue:
but just for the record, I am :smile:

But kudos on the piercing and back to the OP, get the piercing and the tatt!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending