The Student Room Group

Hull travel

How to get to Hull from London? How far?
Better by Train or coach???
Reply 1
Well I go to Hull from Birmingham, I get the cross-country Virgin train to Sheffield or Doncaster then a Northern train to Hull. It takes in total about 3 hours so for London i'd say about 4 hours. Go to National Rail and plan a journey, it will tell you the price of the ticket plus how long it will take.

NEVER GO BY COACH!! Did that once, never again.
Original post by RIISE
Well I go to Hull from Birmingham, I get the cross-country Virgin train to Sheffield or Doncaster then a Northern train to Hull. It takes in total about 3 hours so for London i'd say about 4 hours. Go to National Rail and plan a journey, it will tell you the price of the ticket plus how long it will take.

NEVER GO BY COACH!! Did that once, never again.

Lol ok thanks..why not coach?
Reply 3
It's just overall less comfortable, smells can build up on there too. Also the last person I sat next too was quite wide so you know being squashed up to a window for 4 hours was not cool, you never know who you're going to sit next too.
Go train, its warmer and more comfy, worth the extra moneys. Coach in this weather would take 8 hours i believe. Does hull still have snow? I left a few days ago and it was all slushy.
Reply 5
Original post by angrydanmarin
Go train, its warmer and more comfy, worth the extra moneys. Coach in this weather would take 8 hours i believe. Does hull still have snow? I left a few days ago and it was all slushy.

My parents live in Withernsea about 17 miles away from Hull, the snow got pretty bad but it's calmed down now so the roads are much better.
Reply 6
Original post by marshmallowcake
How to get to Hull from London? How far?
Better by Train or coach???

Hull Trains, direct to Hull from Kings Cross, takes around 2 hrs 40 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending