The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

any news on biochem??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by OllieS
Offer for History!! Get in!

Well done! I'm still waiting. Do you mind if I ask your conditions? Did they pull out the dreaded A*?
Ooops, just checked my UCAS. Offer for History! AAA. Good luck to everyone!
For those that applied to courses requiring questionnaires, anyone yet to receive one?
Offer for History!!!!!! Looks like they've released a batch today, good luck everyone else!! :smile:
Hey. when do you think they stop offers for Christmas break??? Thanks!
Reply 1926
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy

They have already stopped I guess!
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy

A few people got offers today, might just be late on UCAS part though, probably closed now.
Reply 1928
Original post by Emerald_Green
Btw, did you receive your offer through the post or via email/UCAS track update?

It was a UCAS track update
Reply 1929
Original post by marieparis22
Well done! I'm still waiting. Do you mind if I ask your conditions? Did they pull out the dreaded A*?

I do IB; it was 38 with 666 at HL (higher level). Basically AAA (A* = 7 at HL, A = 6, B = 5, etc).
Original post by a.hairy.turnip
Same, I'm sp worried now because I have 3 LNAT unis, and looking at the situation... Ugh. Anyway I emailed the email they sent as an acknowledgement. Haven't had a reply but it has to be lnat. Damn it.

I'm in almost exactly the same situation,
I've heard nothign from UCL Durham or Bristol,
and don't think I did too well on my LNAT :frown:
ah well
Reply 1931
Original post by georgiec
I haven't heard anything either and my interview was on November 17th. I know that a girl at my school is being interviewed some time in January, so they may be waiting until they're done with all applicants at the interview stage. Fingers crossed though:smile:

Original post by georgiamingles
Blimey, that's 5 weeks today! In my interview they said they would get back to me within 3-5 weeks. I'm getting so anxious now. What grades have you got, and how did you think the interview went? I highly doubt I've got a place...

I'm really worried, I haven't been invited for interview BUT I haven't been rejected yet either?!
Why would they do this... I would like some kind of clarity in my life... But no, just a blank :/.
Good luck guys anyway! What were the interviewers like?
x
Applied for Theoretical Physics :smile:
Original post by OllieS
I do IB; it was 38 with 666 at HL (higher level). Basically AAA (A* = 7 at HL, A = 6, B = 5, etc).

Congrats! Is UCL your first choice?
Reply 1934
hey, have an offer for ESPS (Russian/French), though I don't yet know whether it's unconditional or conditional.

Either way, UCL is my top, and a friend of mine recently got an offer for Kings, and we were thinking of sharing a room in hall. Of course, this would have to be at an intercollegiate hall-- any recommendations? which one does double rooms? living in london is so expensive so it's best to do it this way rather than renting single rooms separately, the way i figure it at least.
Reply 1935
Original post by marieparis22
Congrats! Is UCL your first choice?

Thanks! It probably will be...
Reply 1936
Original post by svahdati
I'm really worried, I haven't been invited for interview BUT I haven't been rejected yet either?!
Why would they do this... I would like some kind of clarity in my life... But no, just a blank :/.
Good luck guys anyway! What were the interviewers like?
x

Try not to worry, I know a girl in the same position of you at my school, I'm almost certain they deal with applications in batches because she's a really strong candidate and they've already dished out loads of rejections.
My interviewers were really nice. I was quite surprised at how conversational the interview was so I went in all guns blazing when I probably shouldn't have. Watch out though, one of mine was a bit of a mumbler!
Best of luck xx
Reply 1937
Original post by georgiamingles
Blimey, that's 5 weeks today! In my interview they said they would get back to me within 3-5 weeks. I'm getting so anxious now. What grades have you got, and how did you think the interview went? I highly doubt I've got a place...

Me too! I'm thinking maybe they've lost my application. I think I'll contact them in the new year if they don't get in touch soon.
I thought the interview went alright. Had a bit of a hairy moment when they asked me about a specific scene in "Three Men in a Boat" though :s-smilie: I'mm sure that it went better than you thought, I know they don't let many people get to the interview stage, so you're at an advantage anyway:smile: I've got 8A*s 2As at GCSE and 4As and a B at AS. How about you?
Original post by darkestskies
SAME HERE, oh my god! I saw the UCAS notification and nearly had a heart attack - I thought they'd only be communicating rejections through UCAS first! I'm over the moon... :redface:

I got my letter before ucas told me... very scary indeed! Would ucl be your second choice behind cambridge? how did your interview down there go?
Original post by connorbrown
I got my letter before ucas told me... very scary indeed! Would ucl be your second choice behind cambridge? how did your interview down there go?

Oh, there's a letter? I think I'd've preferred that! Yes, tentatively I think it would - I'm not sure where Durham fits into the equation yet but I love the UCL course, so...! What about you? :smile:

I honestly can't assess how my interview really went! I was happy afterwards, and I'm not sure I could've done much better. I also really enjoyed it, which I was hoping. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending