The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology Unit 4

Hi

You might be aware that last year's AQA Biology Unit 4 exam was, according to those who sat the exam, atrocious.

I was wondering if anything has changed for this exam to prevent the same situation happening again because, frankly, it's got me quite worried, I really don't want to fail this unit :frown:

I mean, I heard that there weren't going to be any questions aimed at the A grade?

Is there a chance that AQA are going to set a similar exam this time?

Thanks. :smile:
The people who wrote last years exam has supposedly moved departments after the complaints (according to my teacher) but they are written in advance so we could get a similar one.
Well in all honesty

I saw last years exam paper and it really wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to be? It was just a hell of a lot of graphs and involved reading the question carefully but the shrew question 7 was a beast but other than that it really wasnt that bad
Reply 3
I didn't actually find it thaaaaaat bad.
Reply 4
Where can you find that paper?
Thanks
Reply 5
I found both unit 4 and unit 5 wishy washy last summer with poorly phrased questions. When revising force yourself to read the 'How Science Works' questions in the textbook as a few have come up on the exam papers exactly the same as in the book - these examples also seem to be the way the questions are being phrased about 70% of the time - you can't get away with reading the book and reciting it i'm afraid :frown:
Unit 5 synoptic essay titles were really good last year though so you can rack up marks there!
Reply 6
Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man
Well in all honesty

I saw last years exam paper and it really wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to be? It was just a hell of a lot of graphs and involved reading the question carefully but the shrew question 7 was a beast but other than that it really wasnt that bad

Yeah, I suppose, but it is a lot of HSW, and sometimes the answer you put for a question might be right, but the mark scheme wants a different one, its very easy to misinterpret a question. But, I guess being able to figure out what the mark scheme wants comes with practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending