The Student Room Group

What happens if royal mail loses your package?

Ok so I sold my ipod touch on ebay for £80. I sent it via first class recorded last Monday i.e. 13th of December. The buyer said he hasn't received it yet and I checked on Royal Mail's website and the package still says it is being progreses through their network for delivery.

I'm almost certain they've lost it. What do I do know, how do I claim compensation?

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what actions did you take?

Thanks
Reply 1
Phone them up and ask. I assume they are liable..
Reply 2
£40 max comp

send claim form, usually in your favour and you get a cheque
Reply 3
Blame Jesus. His birth has messed up your reputation as a seller. Worship the devil in retaliation.
Reply 4
They haven't lost it most likely, I send on average 10-20 parcels by Royal Mail tracked delivery and the royal mail website for tracking goes un-updated for most my items even when the person receives the item.

If your buyer hasn't received the item after 14 days of you sending it then you fill out a claims form.
Reply 5
Original post by mrdoovde1
Ok so I sold my ipod touch on ebay for £80. I sent it via first class recorded last Monday i.e. 13th of December. The buyer said he hasn't received it yet and I checked on Royal Mail's website and the package still says it is being progreses through their network for delivery.

I'm almost certain they've lost it. What do I do know, how do I claim compensation?

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what actions did you take?

Thanks

Could be because of the fiasco that the snow is creating? x
Reply 6
You need to take into account the recent heavy snowfall, Royal Mail have a massive backlog of stuff that needs to be delivered dated from way before the 13th, I'd wait until a week or two after Christmas when it's all settled down, especially if it's still being processed.
Reply 7
Punch the Queen in the face. It's Her company.
Reply 8
Original post by RoseRequiem
Could be because of the fiasco that the snow is creating? x

I highly doubt it. The package was sent way before the snow had started
Reply 9
Original post by Aack
Punch the Queen in the face. It's Her company.

I've never understood the capitalisation of "her" when referring to the Queen.
Reply 10
Original post by Hooovan*
I've never understood the capitalisation of "her" when referring to the Queen.

I can only assume you live in a caravan.
Reply 11
You can claim against them but you have to wait 15 days before doing so.
Reply 12
You can claim from the Royal Mail after 15 working days. But you're only protected for a maximum of £41 using First Class Recorded - they might even try to say you can't have anything as your item was worth more than that. As it's through eBay you'll have to refund the buyer before you receive any refund from Royal Mail.
Reply 13
Original post by Aack
I can only assume you live in a caravan.

lol! Wow.
Reply 14
Why would I give them my package anyway? Would be rather painful to remove :s
Reply 15
Its Christmas and we had two weeks of extreme weather, give it some time. I've just received my parcel from Amazon it had been sent out 4 weeks ago with Royal mail first class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending