The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer :biggrin: Which i'm very surprised about...

AAB to do Maths. I don't think i'l be able to get an A in further maths so we'll see how that goes :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by CharleyChester

AAB to do Maths. I don't think i'l be able to get an A in further maths so we'll see how that goes :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: I've also got an offer for maths here :smile:

Are you planning on going to one of the open visits?
Got an offer for C721, BBB or ABC including a B in Chemistry. I'm well shocked lmao. May firm Nottingham, I know two people who want to go to Nottingham too so I won't be alone. :biggrin:
Original post by mathew551
May firm Nottingham, I know two people who want to go to Nottingham too so I won't be alone. :biggrin:

Funnily enough you may find that that isn't always a good thing.
Reply 724
Got an offer for C721, BBB or ABC including a B in Chemistry. I'm well shocked lmao. May firm Nottingham, I know two people who want to go to Nottingham too so I won't be alone. :biggrin:

Congrats, that offer's pretty great. :smile:
When did you send your UCAS off? I've been waiting for nearly 3 weeks for Neuroscience and have yet to hear back from any of the unis, let alone Notts - gaah, torture. Most likely have to wait till after the Christmas holidays now. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Quadratic

When did you send your app? I've been waiting a month and I've only had an acknowledgment.
Original post by MrCasperTom
Funnily enough you may find that that isn't always a good thing.

It's only two. :colondollar:

But why don't you think that isn't a good thing? Obviously people will meet new people and form new friendship groups but it's nice to catch up with friends whom you've known well for a long time right?
Original post by pearl25
Congrats, that offer's pretty great. :smile:
When did you send your UCAS off? I've been waiting for nearly 3 weeks for Neuroscience and have yet to hear back from any of the unis, let alone Notts - gaah, torture. Most likely have to wait till after the Christmas holidays now. :rolleyes:

I think mine was sent off at the start of December.
It's only two. :colondollar:

But why don't you think that isn't a good thing? Obviously people will meet new people and form new friendship groups but it's nice to catch up with friends whom you've known well for a long time right?

It all depends to be honest. It sometimes comes that people who know people from back home tend to gravitate towards hanging out with them. For others, people who don't know anyone, it can be somewhat intimidating to try and get to know you.

That's not to put you off of course. It can work out but what I would say is try to hang out with those people as little as possible in the first week in the sense of if you see them of course say hi but don't go out your way to meet up with them. There's 3 people from my sixth form at Notts with me in the first year; though to be honest I'm not close with any of them but the point still stands.

I sound all negative, but what I just mean is that it's best not to hang out with people you know in freshers. Afterwards it's all gravy but in freshers most know no one and it's the best time to make friends, so just get out there and make new friends :smile:
Original post by MrCasperTom
It all depends to be honest. It sometimes comes that people who know people from back home tend to gravitate towards hanging out with them. For others, people who don't know anyone, it can be somewhat intimidating to try and get to know you.

That's not to put you off of course. It can work out but what I would say is try to hang out with those people as little as possible in the first week in the sense of if you see them of course say hi but don't go out your way to meet up with them. There's 3 people from my sixth form at Notts with me in the first year; though to be honest I'm not close with any of them but the point still stands.

I sound all negative, but what I just mean is that it's best not to hang out with people you know in freshers. Afterwards it's all gravy but in freshers most know no one and it's the best time to make friends, so just get out there and make new friends :smile:

Thanks for the advice, and no problem. I wasn't intending on stalking my friends anyway lol; I'd look forward to Fresher's mainly because of the new people you meet. =]

Yesyes, either the 9th of Feb or the 23rd... got to see which day has got the cheapest train tickets :biggrin:

Original post by alexs2602
When did you send your app? I've been waiting a month and I've only had an acknowledgment.

I sent mine on November 18th and got an offer on December 9th. I wouldn't worry though, they're always really busy this time of year :smile: My friend sent her app off about a month ago, she has better grades than me and she hasn't heard anything either. You'll hear fairly soon though :smile:
Yesyes, either the 9th of Feb or the 23rd... got to see which day has got the cheapest train tickets :biggrin:

I sent mine on November 18th and got an offer on December 9th. I wouldn't worry though, they're always really busy this time of year :smile: My friend sent her app off about a month ago, she has better grades than me and she hasn't heard anything either. You'll hear fairly soon though :smile:

Yeah, you're right. If they're going in date order I should expect to hear soon or after the xmas holidays. Mine was sent on the 23rd of November so I suppose I can breathe bit of a sigh of relief, kinda.
Original post by alexs2602
Yeah, you're right. If they're going in date order I should expect to hear soon or after the xmas holidays. Mine was sent on the 23rd of November so I suppose I can breathe bit of a sigh of relief, kinda.

Yeah do :smile: Don't worry about it and just concentrate on your exams/enjoying christmas/whatever you want to. Where else have you applied to?
Reply 733
Original post by 108
well done, for what? what were the conditions?

i applied for architecture :smile:
Unfortunately, the conditions were AAA :s-smilie:...i'm worried i wont make it but i'll keep trying :smile:
have you heard anything? and what for?
got an offer!!!!!
for physics with astrophysics
Abitur : 1.5 and 11 points in Maths and Physics.
i think this is a bit weird i might complain:biggrin:

id prefer 13 in maths an physics and a abitur average a bit lower than this.

Ahhh :biggrin: whereabouts are you coming from? I already live in notts so I can just catch a bus down :P Might see you there anyway, was planning on visiting in Feb myself :-)

Can I just ask btw, did you get a letter through the post at all? (I didn't but was a bit concerned because most unis send one :s-smilie:)
Ahhh :biggrin: whereabouts are you coming from? I already live in notts so I can just catch a bus down :P Might see you there anyway, was planning on visiting in Feb myself :-)

Can I just ask btw, did you get a letter through the post at all? (I didn't but was a bit concerned because most unis send one :s-smilie:)

I'm coming from just outside of Birmingham, so over an hour on the train, but its not too bad :smile: But then i'll just have to find out what bus goes to the uni and it should be fine :smile:

No i didn't get anything from the uni... all their info is on their portal though isn't it? I guess when you sign up for an open day thats when you get stuff through the post (maybe?)
Reply 737
Anyone going to the History open day in February? :smile: Struggling to decided between Notts and York people.... :frown:
Reply 738
Just had confirmation that I now have an offer for MSci Computer Science rather than BSc! Firming Nottingham, can't wait!
Yeah do :smile: Don't worry about it and just concentrate on your exams/enjoying christmas/whatever you want to. Where else have you applied to?

Oh I need to be revising so I ought to concentrate on that but I looked on the Notts site last night and they're closed until the 4th now.

Manchester, Leeds, Southampton and East Anglia. I have offers from the last two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending