The Student Room Group

Increased tuition fees for language degrees?

I know nothing has been decided yet, though it would seem that Arts and Humanities degrees will suffer
the effects of this new tuition fees increase less than Science degrees.
Still, as a EU student I am quite worried about having to pay fees up to £9000 and it might put me off studying my dream degree abroad :frown:
How much do you reckon tuition fees will increase for language degrees? Anyone else worried about costs?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I thought all fees were going up, regardless of subject?

:frown:
Original post by no biggie
I know nothing has been decided yet, though it would seem that Arts and Humanities degrees will suffer
the effects of this new tuition fees increase less than Science degrees.
Still, as a EU student I am quite worried about having to pay fees up to £9000 and it might put me off studying my dream degree abroad :frown:
How much do you reckon tuition fees will increase for language degrees? Anyone else worried about costs?

As I understand it, the fee increase is irrespective of subject. Generally speaking, that means that most universities are expected to charge around £6,000, with certain institutions charging up to £9,000 if they can prove that they are committed to access schemes (as the government describes it). It is worth pointing out, however, that universities widely expected to charge the higher rates of fees are currently expressing their commitment to equality of access: Cambridge and Oxford have both made statements to this effect.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending