The Student Room Group

Asians, are you allowed to marry a girl/guy of your choice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ManAbout
Yeah, it's such a shame, cos Afghan and Persian girls are sooooo gorgeous. I think I just gotta find one who is willing to rebel against her family and run away with me.

not many do, i wont rebel against my family, but yeh i agree with you on the gorgeous part, :wink: x
Original post by bunty64
don't do it dude... they'll most probably hunt you down and you'll ends up in a suitcase in the river!

we aint all bad okay!!!! :P
Original post by Baka-chan
What Afghan 'cast' are you? I'm Afghan. :smile:

i'm patarn, i cant be ask to explain, so i opt out for saying afghan, its d same thing really, my ancesetors were from there and speak the languge.
Reply 143
Original post by soldier-4-life

This type of marriage isnt common in our family but im always paranoid.Its almost like i have already been engaged thsts why theres never any discussion about it. i think my marriage will be a lurve marriage lol meet the perfect girl while at uni

Haha well there's hardly any talk about it at my house, maybe it's just too early, ha knowing my parents it's probably a bit awkward for the moment :redface: Aw, we all want a love marriage, but now, I wouldn't mind if my parents introduced me to people, and gave me an option lol. We'll see :rolleyes:
I think it is said that in the 21st century people are still being told who they can and cannot date/marry.
Original post by Law123mus
I think it is said that in the 21st century people are still being told who they can and cannot date/marry.

Yer I know so pathetic and its funny people actually follow the orders of who they must date lol.
Reply 146
Original post by Juli3t

Original post by Juli3t

I'm sorry to go off topic a bit, but please sort out the way you write. It's horrific.
This thread makes me sad. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 148
Any asain muslim girl who decides to marry out of her caste, culture, religion is going to meet the same fate as this:

Our report concerning Afshan Azad, a young star of four Harry Potter films, illustrates a vital point about domestic violence.

That point is that however personal and private the issue involved may seem to perpetrator and victim, domestic violence is a matter of public interest.

And even when the victim is wanting to stop proceedings, there is often a moral obligation and public duty upon prosecutors to continue with the case.

In the sad circumstances of Ms Azad, a Muslim, her relationship with a Hindu man was a source of consternation in her family. Manchester Crown Court heard that she was subjected to a ‘wholly unnecessary and unexpected assault’ by her 28-year-old brother Ashraf Azad at the family home in Longsight, Manchester.

She escaped and now lives in London. Ms Azad made a statement to police but subsequently made it plain she did not support action being taken against her brother and her father.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/comment/blogs/s/1401946_comment_domestic_abuse_is_a_public_affair

The reason why its GAME OVER for them is because they have to make two choices, either stick to their famillies or run away with their lovers.Most stick to their famillies.

It's very rare where a muslim girl can get the best of both worlds.

And Islam is the most organized religion on this planet.
Original post by RoshniDiya
Oh, i would be able to if he was of the same religion. As in born into the religion, it wouldn't even matter if he was an atheist. Would have to be of the same caste too. Then other factors come in such as his family status, background, family reputation.

My family wouldn't allow it. It's complete bull****, but you learn to live with the stupid sexist mother****in culture. :rolleyes:

As in you'd be disowned, or they would find a way to forcibly stop it?
I'm chinese and I'm not allowed to marry someone from a different race.
I guess it has to do with culture. They would like my future husband to be able to understand the language they speak as well as the way they think.
However, IF I did marry someone from another race, I know they wouldn't stop loving me :smile: and so would accept it at the end.
Reply 151
Original post by dreamer*girl
I'm chinese and I'm not allowed to marry someone from a different race.
I guess it has to do with culture. They would like my future husband to be able to understand the language they speak as well as the way they think.
However, IF I did marry someone from another race, I know they wouldn't stop loving me :smile: and so would accept it at the end.

I always wanted to see what the kids would turn out like if a black guy married a chinese girl.

Are chinese girls into black guys?
Original post by oHellno
Haha well there's hardly any talk about it at my house, maybe it's just too early, ha knowing my parents it's probably a bit awkward for the moment :redface: Aw, we all want a love marriage, but now, I wouldn't mind if my parents introduced me to people, and gave me an option lol. We'll see :rolleyes:

btw are u pakistani
Reply 153
Original post by catty khan
we aint all bad okay!!!! :P

didn't say you were, just giving the brother some sound advice... Wouldn't wanna be there when the tribal mentality kicks in! :smile:
Reply 154
btw are u pakistani

You planning to propose to her?:biggrin:
Reply 155
Original post by 4ttari
I always wanted to see what the kids would turn out like if a black guy married a chinese girl.

Are chinese girls into black guys?

blackenese.... amerie, tiger woods.... pharell looks (eyes) but not really blackenese.

more common in america you'd think...
Original post by bunty64
didn't say you were, just giving the brother some sound advice... Wouldn't wanna be there when the tribal mentality kicks in! :smile:

yeah some of them are quite weird, but i aint :biggrin: x
Reply 157

btw are u pakistani

Yeaaah. That obvious? :tongue: lol
Reply 158
Original post by catty khan
yeah some of them are quite weird, but i aint :biggrin: x

you'd better let your "potential suitors" know that before you start with them, because they'll most probably be thinking the same thing> :smile:
Reply 159
Original post by bunty64

Ah I never knew about Amerie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending