The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

= yes

= NO!
Original post by Justin Hammer
No you dont, as much as I hate to suggest if you posted a pic of your legs I can put my months wage on them not having any serious muscle mass of any kind. LOL at walking makes your legs muscular, muscle grows when it meets resistance, the best form of resistance. At least measure your thighs before you make a comment like that. I bet anything you're gonna tell me they are less that 20". The movement you mentioned would stimulate your calves lol, quit talking out of your ass you clearly know very little about working out.

To be fair to the guy he probably was just talking about his calfs. In theory, what he says is true though what he means by muscular is most definately different to what you think is muscular (you probably think 30" legs are muscular for example whereas what he thinks is muscly you would probably see as toned) for his weight id probably think toned. But to everyone taking the piss, drumming does build calf size. No way near calf raises but it will still build. :cool:
Original post by Scrappy-coco
To be fair to the guy he probably was just talking about his calfs. In theory, what he says is true though what he means by muscular is most definately different to what you think is muscular (you probably think 30" legs are muscular for example whereas what he thinks is muscly you would probably see as toned) for his weight id probably think toned. But to everyone taking the piss, drumming does build calf size. No way near calf raises but it will still build. :cool:

LOL yeah, the dude is pretty stupid too as ihis own posts summarise the ineptitude of his comments:

1. He is 130lbs at 6'2 which is just borderline anorexic
2. He has calves at the a size close to his thighs which means his thighs are tiny
Reply 143
Original post by crazycake93
UR 6 2 and u weigh only 9 stone!?!?!?
Mate how do you live??

I'm 5ft 5" and im nearly 11 st, though im not fat, its all i'd describe myself inbetween the 2nd and 3rd picmuscle :cool:

He lives because he's 6' 2, which I think you'll find is much more noticeable to girls than just having muscles.

Why does it matter he's only 9 stone, atleast he can get up in the morning and not have to worry about his diet and gym routine to cover up a certain height issue.
Original post by Dnator
Mate loving some of those pics

Yeah? Cheers bro! :smile: I'll pass on the compliment to the photographer, I just do the riding, they're the ones that take the shots. :wink:

Cheers, though, man! :smile: :colondollar:
Original post by -Liam-
He lives because he's 6' 2, which I think you'll find is much more noticeable to girls than just having muscles.

Why does it matter he's only 9 stone, atleast he can get up in the morning and not have to worry about his diet and gym routine to cover up a certain height issue.

I'm 6'4 and telling you his weight is mediocre. I think being a rake off schindlers list is much worse than being short.

Tall and well built>short and well built>tall and skinny
i dont like guys lool :no:
Reply 147

Zyzz proves yes.
Original post by -Liam-

Proud talk of a jealous sod.

Of course, i know that im at a genetic predisposition here, that is why i make up for it with muscle. I don't know what kind of girls you've gone out with, but attractive girls would prefer muscle over lanky-ness.
some people with muscles just retain water -_- besides Im already as strong as an ox I don't need a muscular body to prove anything to women I can demonstrate my strength by punching one of them in the face nothing wrong with a bit of old fashioned domestic violence
haha. 'hard-wired to like muscle, simple as that'.
....are you SERIOUSLY pitching this bull-faeces to me? :| you're deluded!

you know it comes as no surprise that the ONLY people saying that women are 'supposed' to covet/prefer muscular males ARE the muscular, but lonely/otherwise unsuccessful males themselves....evidently such as yourself.
to me, muscles will never make me desire a guy that's otherwise ugly/rotten, both on the outside + inside.

(and i'll have you know that i like my figure + appearance, and i most certainly like + appreciate the height i have got; what i DON'T like is having some schoolchild telling me what i 'should' like in a man)
Reply 151
Original post by a_t
so what's too far?

out of these?

Or do you, as I suspect like none of these?

As somebody who has recently began a regime with the aim of building muscle, i am aiming for picture 3 with slightly smaller biceps (no veins either).

I agree with the people who say you can go too far, i think the legs on picture 5 are horrible, and even on picture 4, the guy has no neck which makes his head look tiny.
Reply 152
Original post by ChaoticSkills
some people with muscles just retain water -_- besides Im already as strong as an ox I don't need a muscular body to prove anything to women I can demonstrate my strength by punching one of them in the face nothing wrong with a bit of old fashioned domestic violence

lmfao

Original post by NOBODY MOVE!

you know it comes as no surprise that the ONLY people saying that women are 'supposed' to covet/prefer muscular males ARE the muscular, but lonely/otherwise unsuccessful males themselves....evidently such as yourself.
to me, muscles will never make me desire a guy that's otherwise ugly/rotten, both on the outside + inside.

(and i'll have you know that i like my figure + appearance, and i most certainly like + appreciate the height i have got; what i DON'T like is having some schoolchild telling me what i 'should' like in a man)

calm down bish

its science, men like tits and ass in the same way women like (to varying extents) muscle and low bodyfat cause it signifies a healthy strong male blah blah

why u mad tho?
Original post by ChaoticSkills

tell me how much u squat and deadlift. If these numbers are not at least 150kg either way then you're not strong. Your "people with muscles retain water" comment sounded so borderline retarded I am seriously wondering how people here passed gcse science.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
As somebody who has recently began a regime with the aim of building muscle, i am aiming for picture 3 with slightly smaller biceps (no veins either).

I agree with the people who say you can go too far, i think the legs on picture 5 are horrible, and even on picture 4, the guy has no neck which makes his head look tiny.

lol go ahead amd try get the physique in pic 4 without any legs. See how much of a mug u would look like
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!

he's kinda right though, study showed men who are well built are seen as better prospects for short term sexual relationships.

TBH the guys here have seemed quite defensive on here. Thats simply because any of us who have been with females for any period of time see how they behave when they come across a fellow who is in good shape. I mean, I have seen females tell me they have a blanket dislike of men who are muscular and then spend a little too much time eye balling a guy with a notable set of chest and arms. Not to put words into anyones mouth but women love to like about their preferences, be them sexual or otherwise. LOL kinda like the way every female tells me they dont masturbate yet its rather obvious that lots do.
Original post by Justin Hammer
tell me how much u squat and deadlift. If these numbers are not at least 150kg either way then you're not strong. Your "people with muscles retain water" comment sounded so borderline retarded I am seriously wondering how people here passed gcse science.

Read these you faggot

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article90.html

http://forums.isteroids.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/70806-water-retention-steroids.html

I was referring to people who take steroids to look big in some cases it's nothing more than water retention. So get off your high horse you dickhead. It was meant to be a funny comment if you didn't know this then really its you who is "borderline retarded"
Reply 157
Yes. Bring on the muscly, rangey Celtic chieftains, please.
i don't need any kind of papers to tell/convince myself whether i'm attractive to the opposite sex or not, thank you very much. i'm not so desperate + insecure in myself that i have to take time to search for this kind of information. i need no stats to validate my being ^-^

i'm also doubting these science papers you're speaking of REALLY say that 100% of women worldwide could honestly claim they like/prefer muscular men? - in fact, i'm doubtful that 100% of just these surveyed/studied women alone responded the way you claim.
Muscle avec a small amount of overlying squish is winning. Big arms and broad shoulders :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending