The Student Room Group

I'm curious...

Do guys actually get intimidated by attractive females?
its pretty often you hear stories about the pretty girl not being able to get a boyfriend because of this
I just want to know if this has some truth to it
Too pretty for us are you?
Reply 2
I think it's hard for beautful girls. People don't see past their looks.
Reply 3
I think some do.
Reply 4
There are loads of pretty girls out there. Pretty girls easily get boyfriends, unless of course they're unapproachable / stuck-up or just have generally bad personalities. Either that or they're not meeting the right guys.
Reply 5
Ah, I was hoping that this would be a thread about female experimentation :sad:
Reply 6
Original post by shygirl92

I can't help but assume this was inspired/quoted from seeing simon the in the sig above.
Reply 7

This is a slightly modified quote from Misfits, tehe.
Reply 8
Original post by xSunkissed
Do guys actually get intimidated by attractive females?
its pretty often you hear stories about the pretty girl not being able to get a boyfriend because of this
I just want to know if this has some truth to it

It's true. The better looking a girl, the more intimidated men are of approaching her/talking to her.

Most men can easily talk to a girl who is ugly or average looking without getting nervous....but as soon as they talk to a hot girl, they go 'ga-ga' and get 'tongue tied'.

People think hot girls get approached a lot, but I actually think the opposite is true. Men are more intimated by the ultra hot girls, therefore they rarely approach them, therefore hot girls don't get approached as much.

Sure, ultra hot girls get male attention....but it's usually the wrong kind of attention, i.e. wolf-whistles, guys leering/staring but not approaching, or guys trying to talk to her but falling flat on their face because they are intimidated by her looks. Most guys just fall to pieces around a hot girl. They lose their composure and put her on a pedestal and try to impress her and just come across as plain weird instead of NORMAL and decent guys....and as a result they fail miserably, and the hot girl wonders where all the decent men are.

I actually think it's EASIER to pick up an ultra hot girl than it is to pick up an ugly girl. Think about this....average girls get more guys asking them out because men are less intimidated to ask them out.

That RARE guy who has the balls to approach the ultra hot girls and just be direct, honest and NORMAL with them will not be at a loss for their companionship. He is exactly what she is looking for. Such men are rare....but I know a guy who fits this description just fine...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by sango
Ah, I was hoping that this would be a thread about female experimentation :sad:

lol i suppose the title is pretty misleading
True, i've noticed that all the REALLY attractive girls don't seem to be in relationships, whereas the majority of average girls are. I guess that's a good thing!
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
I can't help but assume this was inspired/quoted from seeing simon the in the sig above.

Damn my slow typing, haha - now I look silly. :colondollar:
I'm pretty sure they are.
Reply 13
I'm pretty sure CP is.
Reply 14

People don't see past the looks of ugly people too.

Spoiler

Reply 15

True to a point. When I approach an ultra hot girl, I compliment her on her looks and let her know I find her physically attractive, but I also tell her I'd love to get to know her. This works well because I'm making it clear I want to get to know her as a person, as well as being attracted to her looks.

I still occasionally get slightly nervous around the ultra hot girls, but that's only normal. I love that 'magic' effect an ultra hot girl has on me when I first meet them.
Reply 16
Original post by Neil_K
It's true. The better looking a girl, the more intimidated men are of approaching her/talking to her.

Most men can easily talk to a girl who is ugly or average looking without getting nervous....but as soon as they talk to a hot girl, they go 'ga-ga' and get 'tongue tied'.

People think hot girls get approached a lot, but I actually think the opposite is true. Men are more intimated by the ultra hot girls, therefore they rarely approach them, therefore hot girls don't get approached as much.

Sure, ultra hot girls get male attention....but it's usually the wrong kind of attention, i.e. wolf-whistles, guys leering/staring but not approaching, or guys trying to talk to her but falling flat on their face because they are intimidated by her looks. Most guys just fall to pieces around a hot girl. They lose their composure and put her on a pedestal and try to impress her and just come across as plain weird instead of NORMAL and decent guys....and as a result they fail miserably, and the hot girl wonders where all the decent men are.

I actually think it's EASIER to pick up an ultra hot girl than it is to pick up an ugly girl. Think about this....average girls get more guys asking them out because men are less intimidated to ask them out.

That RARE guy who has the balls to approach the ultra hot girls and just be direct, honest and NORMAL with them will not be at a loss for their companionship. He is exactly what she is looking for. Such men are rare....but I know a guy who fits this description just fine...

this seems to make alot of sense actually
Oh that is why I dont get approached then... hmmm xD
Depends on many factors I think :/

I am quite a quiet, reserved and generally unconfident person with low self-esteem.

Earlier in the year I met probably one of the most pretty girls I have ever seen in my life, yet despite this for some reason I found it incredibly easy to talk to her and just be myself around her. Don't know why but I just did.
depends, i find it easier to talk to girls way out of my league as I never have to worry about saying the wrong thing.

It's a nightmare talking to girls who are around par, whether or not I am interested or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending