The Student Room Group

help with the entry requirements please!

hey ive just recently looked at a course for university and was wondering what grades i would need for it.

160 UCAS tariff points from at least two A levels in relevant subjects, or BTEC National qualifications. General studies, AS levels and Key Skills may contribute to these points.

what would i need to get to achieve these conditions

i got 2 D's and 2 E's in my AS results
i know these are really bad :frown:
Original post by petersmith99
hey ive just recently looked at a course for university and was wondering what grades i would need for it.

160 UCAS tariff points from at least two A levels in relevant subjects, or BTEC National qualifications. General studies, AS levels and Key Skills may contribute to these points.

What course is it and what A-levels do you do?
Jesus, it doesn't come much straight forward than that.

Work it out yourself.
DEEe or higher.
Reply 4
Not surprised you got those AS results.

Basically, in order to get into the course and uni you need 160 tariff points (or grade CC at a-level) If you do BTEC or Key Skills that can be converted into UCAS tariff point then you can combine those altogether to make it 160. :smile:

I think that is right. :smile:
Reply 6
Ok so right now with 2 Ds and 2 Es at AS you have 100 UCAS points. If you need 180 points from at least 2 A levels, that means you can either carry on with all 4 and get DDEE (200 points) or drop a subject and get DDE (180 points when including extra AS Level at E grade). Obviously the easiest option is to drop a subject and aim for at least DDE, dropping may even mean you do better at A2 than you did at AS.
Reply 7
thanks everyone for the replies as now i understand :smile:
and HATERS KEEP HATING! i dont care :wink:

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by street.lovin'
Good luck. :smile:

thanks much appreciated
this year i need to knuckle down and actually revise to get good grades lol

Good for you, it's nice to see someone who doesn't let others drag them down. Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending