The Student Room Group

Girlfriend twitches so much when sleeping; is that bad?

I am a bit worried about her because when she falls asleep she randomly jerks parts of her body especially in her arms and legs. It's actually quite forceful, and can happen at any time.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She's still orgasming... you must be good
Reply 2
like a dog does?
Reply 3
I've seen a lot of people twitch incessantly when they sleep ( :wink: ), don't think it's anything to worry about.
Reply 4
I do this pretty much every night and my boyfriend always makes fun of me. :frown:
It's possibly a hypnic jerk - body thinks parts of it are dying, so it sends electrical pulses to wake it up ... which causes a twitch. To my knowledge, that's nothing to worry about, a lot of people do it; if you've ever felt a foot twitch when just about to fall asleep and it annoyingly wakes you up, that's the same thing.

However, if she's worried, go and see a doctor. :smile:
My girlfriend does it a fair bit. I think it's cute.
Reply 7
Lots of people do it, especially when first falling to sleep. It's nothing to worry about :smile:
nope - my boyfriend does it and he twitches quite vigorously.....thankfully he hasn't injured me yet..!

It's perfectly normal! it's called hypnagogic myoclonus.

But if you are at all worried, then get her to see a doctor - even just to put both your minds at ease =D
Reply 9

This used to happen to me when I fell asleep on the bus.

Soooo awkward when it'd happen while I was sitting next to a stranger lol.
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11
This used to happen to me when I fell asleep on the bus.

Soooo awkward when it'd happen while I was sitting next to a stranger lol.

Haha aaw.

This used to happen to me too especially when im about to go into a deep sleep or when im dreaming that i fall down on a bike or something like that and or as soon as i hit the ground on my dream thats when i twitch or wake up.
(edited 13 years ago)
It may not be serious, but this used to happen to my friend in her sleep and she'd often wake up with scratches and it turned out to be a (not very serious) form of epilepsy so maybe she should get it checked out? No harm done in seeing a doctor.
This happens to me as I'm drifting off, it's perfectly normal.
Reply 13
i do it, thought it was normal. i get muscle spasms a lot (during both day and night) so sometimes i just twitch a bit more lively than normal - i have been woken up on several occasions when iv been rolled over in sleep so near the edge of my bed and my legs twitched and because of that it falls off the side of bed causing me to wake up, which is not a fun way to wake up.
You must be good :sexface: they're involuntary orgasms from the lovin' you gave her hours ago.
Mrs. Vader will often strike me in her sleep. Once when I sat up to reach down the side of the bed to get a drink, she punched me in the face. I was not touching or disturbing her as she was on the other side. She does violently roll over and throw her arms around, but then will cuddle up really close. I'm often too fearful to move - If I try to get her off me, she might hit me again, but then if I stay that close to her I am right in the firing line.
Reply 16
My bf does this a lot. Once he hit me in the face. He claimed he didn't remember doing it...:unimpressed:
I do this all a time. Always a tell tale sign that I've fallen asleep to something. :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by ben788
I am a bit worried about her because when she falls asleep she randomly jerks parts of her body especially in her arms and legs. It's actually quite forceful, and can happen at any time.

As long as she twitches during sex I don’t mind if she twitches all night long.
Reply 19
Original post by JessicaW
I do this pretty much every night and my boyfriend always makes fun of me. :frown:

Your signature is the reason for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending