The Student Room Group

Will you drink too much over the festive period?

Scroll to see replies

I lack the ability to do anything in moderation, so i won't be drinking at all this Christmas, me drunk around family sounds like a recipe for disaster. probably be embarrassing myself spectacularly new years, even though i don't really drink any more the idea of being sober on new years is too depressing to experience.
Not deliberately.
at christmas parties and going out.. yeah. on christmas day with the family.. no.
No, not this year. Not going out anywhere and I don't feel like sitting at home on my own getting pissed. That's no fun.
Reply 24
Will I drink too much over ____________________?

Yes.
Reply 25
Yes, there are some good deals on spirits at the moment.
Jamesons, Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort are just some, or perhaps a nice single malt or scotch
Reply 26
No, I dont drink :smile:
Nope, I'm not a drinker! Champagne at a push....that's it xD
I'm usually on the J20's :P
Can't believe how many no's there are! I intend to make full drunken use of the next two weeks.
Reply 29
god, even jesus needs a birthday drink!

i started last friday with works x-mas do, continued till monday with a wedding and mates coming back from uni just means more beer!

(where can i buy a spare liver from? i think mines going to be damedged soon XD)
Original post by mau5
Simply thinking about the next couple of weeks makes me want to whitey more than a dog full of Bountys.

How have you managed to confuse the effects of drinking too much, and smoking too much ganja? :facepalm2:
Original post by salty_candy
I lack the ability to do anything in moderation, so i won't be drinking at all this Christmas, me drunk around family sounds like a recipe for disaster. probably be embarrassing myself spectacularly new years, even though i don't really drink any more the idea of being sober on new years is too depressing to experience.

I find the idea of being drunk on new years depressing! I don't drink, and I can't say I'm bothered - happy liver, cheaper etc. Plus, as others have said, even if I did drink I wouldn't over Christmas because I'll be with my family, none of whom drink much.
Reply 32
We bought 7 bottles of cava yesterday and a bottle of sambucca. There's only 3 of us... :|
Of course, how else am I meant to deal with my family?
Original post by derangedyoshi
I find the idea of being drunk on new years depressing! I don't drink, and I can't say I'm bothered - happy liver, cheaper etc. Plus, as others have said, even if I did drink I wouldn't over Christmas because I'll be with my family, none of whom drink much.

i just don't know what i'd do on new years if i wasn't drinking, everyone i know will be drinking, and i find it completely impossible to put up with drunk people when i'm sober, i'd end up wanting to kill them all if i was sober :colondollar:
Reply 35
Invariably. Xmas in the sun is different to xmas at home though. Xmas eve and Xmas day are big nights out!!
Reply 36
I will drink a couple of times, but dont plan to get very drunk.
Reply 37
It's Christmas... Thus no amount of alcohol is too much :smile:

However, mine will probably be a cumulative steady drinking starting tomorrow and culminating in a bit finale on NYE! :biggrin:
Probably not. I don't drink much anyway :smile:
Yes. I have already been out of it 4 time in the last week. My mum loves a good party as well so I will be drinking loads at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending