The Student Room Group

Honestly - what do you think of my GCSEs?

Okay, I'll keep it simple. I don't like my GCSE grades. Are they respectable? It's been bugging me since August...

English Language: A
English Literature: A
Maths: A
Corse Science: B
Additional Science: A
History: A
French: A
Drama: A
Religious Studies (Full course): A

I want to study English Lit with Creative Writing at either Birmginam, Warwick, Kent, Bristol, or Durham.

Scroll to see replies

They're above average, but not amazing. Don't let the people on this site give you a warped sense of what decent GCSEs are.
Reply 2
They're good...you should be happy :smile:
i think these results are a disgrace and you should be hung drawn and quartered for the good of our nation
Respectable in the real world.
On TSR, they're ****.
But yeah, they are respectable.
Reply 5
well done:smile:

Those grades are good
Reply 6
No one will ever give a **** about your GCSEs.
Reply 7
They're great :smile: Honest. However, they aren't *amazing* and I've heard rumours about Durham wanting a certain number of A* at GCSE? They might be unfounded though. Anyway, don't worry. It's easy to feel second rate on a forum like TSR where there's a skewed amount of people with stellar grades. In the real world they're really good.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
By the standards of TSR anything below 10A* is worthy of public dressing down.
In the real world however, yes, they're really good.
Reply 9
They're fine for what you want to do, provided you do well in your a levels. :smile:
I'm going to shoot myself if someone else posts a thread claiming that they're not happy with their GCSE grades, when they clearly got fantastic grades. You got 8 A's and a B, well done, that's brilliant. Don't be intimidated by people on TSR who got 98325835825802 A*'s, because your grades ARE good and you shouldn't think otherwise.

Why neg rep me for that?! I was being nice to the OP... :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
They're fine. Much better than mine and in the "real world" mine have never been an issue. I got 4 Bs 4 cs and a D and they've never been commented on negatively
Mind you I did them back in the days when GCSE's were hard :wink:. Only messing
Please stop showing off...actually, hang on a second. No A*? You're a disgrace to your family and to humanity. Hang yourself at once.
the symbol '*' is conspicuous in its absence.
They shouldn't be a problem for the uni's you're going for though (with the possible exception of Durham).
Your GCSE's are great, don't beat yourself up about them, its A-levels that should be at the top of your concern.
Reply 15
Got an offer from Durham with worse than them, you'll be fine!
Just work super hard to get As at AS and you'll be fine as they are what matter the most :smile:
Original post by TheGrandmaster
They're above average, but not amazing. Don't let the people on this site give you a warped sense of what decent GCSEs are.

joke?

average is 5 a-c's so aye they're miles above average
they're good compared to my 5 Cs and 6 Ds
Better than mine (as usual on TSR) and a good achievement.

Although I don't know why people are worried about GCSEs, I only got one A* and the rest were Cs and Bs and I managed to get offers from a top uni.

Quick Reply

Latest