The Student Room Group

Men shaving armpits?

Do you think its weird?
Ladiess?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My ex did this. It was the first time i'd seen such a thing. I,didn't mind it. He was cute and said it was more hygenic or something

Aww i miss him, so i do.

Yeah shave away, i don't mind :h:
no.
Reply 3
why the **** does tsr guys make dumb threads like these, asking girls on here what they think.
Kinda like seeking their approval
Reply 4
Wrong on every level.
I have issues with hairy men!
If their legs/arms/back/chest/armpits are too hairy it's a no-go zone...
I should probably date a swimmer =D

But then again, I'd rather all hair was just neatly trimmed or naturally short rather than them shaving it!
urm it's a little bit odd...but i guess if every guy did it, it wouldnt be so odd anymore....
Original post by DiZZeeKiD

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Wrong on every level.

Why?

I sometime shave/trim the hair as it will stop me from sweating so much and not cause the moisture to collect and cause sweat patches.
Awful.
Definite turn off for me.
i don't seel a problem with it.....though if a guy was to do that i think that they'd have to fix up the rest of the arm (forearm, hands, knuckles, etc) as well.
Original post by Anonymous
Why?

I sometime shave/trim the hair as it will stop me from sweating so much and not cause the moisture to collect and cause sweat patches.

Trimming, maybe - I can see the advantage from the perspective of hygeine but shaving all the hair off? Odd. Would weird me out a lil.
My bodybuilder ex always shaved his armpits as it got him too sweaty and icky when he was lifting. My (non bodybuilder) current boyfriend used to shave his armpits too, and I'm not really sure why... It's just a bit cleaner I suppose.
Why?

Thats not true... otherwise all women who shave their underarms wouldn't get sweat patches which is clearly not the case.

Just use an anti-perspirant if sweating is the problem.
Reply 13
Why?

Lrn2 use deodorant.
Reply 14
I shave when I put on the aul wife-beater.
Original post by secret_smile

Original post by secret_smile
Thats not true... otherwise all women who shave their underarms wouldn't get sweat patches which is clearly not the case.

Just use an anti-perspirant if sweating is the problem.

I do use it, but shaving/trimming helps too. If I didn't do it, I usually sweat more.

Original post by Wookie42
Lrn2 use deodorant.

Read above.
Reply 16
To be honest, armpits are the only part in a man's body I can't stand with 20cm hair grown on them! If there is some hair, ok, leave it, it doesn't look that bad. But if they are just too long, it's an issue to me personally.
I'm the same except i pluck my hair using my hands.

It is ****ing painful but I like to believe that it'll tone down my sweating plus i don't want my hair to come back growing bushy and rough.

I'm a dude..
Reply 18
The glands that produce sweat and sebum are located at the base of the hair follicle. Thus, if there is no hair for these secretions to lubricate, less sweat and sebum are secreted... basically: no hair=less chance of smell
Reply 19
I'm a guy and I shave my armpits and wax my legs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending