The Student Room Group

Economics

What types of Economic are there? Are they all finance focused or are there others that are more socio-envrionmental/PESTEL focused? thanks
Reply 1
Moooooooo
Reply 2
Original post by xarcul
Moooooooo

How is that helpful? :cool:
Reply 3
Original post by Beckyleony
What types of Economic are there? Are they all finance focused or are there others that are more socio-envrionmental/PESTEL focused? thanks

What's your actual question? Are you asking whether economics is really finance? If so, not at all. I've hardly covered finance and won't really cover it in the foreseeable future.

Obviously finance is a component of economics, and you can study an awful lot of finance if you so choose, but it's not compulsory. We had I think two lectures on finance in macroeconomics last year and we've had a fair few in regard to financial assets in microeconomic theory this year, but apart from that, that's all the finance I'll have to cover.

There are plenty of other aspects to economics, such as labour economics (dealing with labour markets, employment, wages, cost of employment to firms), industrial economics (how to react within the market, economic integration, monopolies, firm behaviour), public economics (economic policy of public goods such as healthcare, education, etc. and the importance of governments and voter choice), international trade, and so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending