The Student Room Group

Manipulative new teacher

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
Reply 21
Mr M
The headteacher will not be happy about having his or her time wasted by a student who cannot accept responsibility for her own disruptive behaviour and who is trying to undermine the authority of someone the headteacher personally chose to appoint to the leadership group. I would advise the OP not to fight this particular battle. If the OP came to me with a frivolous complaint like this, I would invite her parents in for a chat and make it quite clear to them they are welcome to find another school for their daughter if she is unwilling to accept his or her discipline policy.

Well, it goes back to my post about whether the teacher really is acting reasonably or not. I think if it's a genuine issue it ought to be discussed and resolved by one or both parties changing their behaviour.
Eien
Well, it goes back to my post about whether the teacher really is acting reasonably or not. I think if it's a genuine issue it ought to be discussed and resolved by one or both parties changing their behaviour.

Headteachers have better things to do than waste time on trivial matters like this. I am completely serious when I say every hour spent dealing with this sort of nonsense means that students who actually need guidance or protection cannot get the help they deserve. I do not use the word protection lightly.
LOOOL why dont you just say all this **** to her face
Rubbaduckzilla
LOOOL why dont you just say all this **** to her face

Deqa Ali...I cant. You know why?
Original post by Comeheretellme
Deqa Ali...I cant. You know why?

Jamila do not call out my name in public, okay. GOOD GIRL
I'll have to say to her then
Original post by Eien

Thank you so much. Immature little girl, Why the **** can't she say alll this crappy to stuff to the teacher instead of writing on TSR
Theres a new teacher in my school, and she teaches me Citizenship because I've done both English lang & lit early and got straight A's. However, she is perhaps one of the most conniving women you could ever meet. She has already given me 3 detentions; 1 on Monday and 2 today (a 15 minute one during break time, and a 30 minute one after school). I have noticed that she constanly picks on me after I had asked her if the subject is compulsory, she was like ''IS SCHOOL COMPULSORY? WELL SO IS THIS''. Not at all true. I'd rather do early English A level as we were told we might do by my former English teacher (Who I deeply miss). She suggested to me and my friend that we might have behaviour problems...what for 'talking'? It like who the hell are you to tell me that in my last year of secondary school? No other teacher had ever considered me to have behavioural problems because I dont. I am a Head girl for goodness sakes! Never had a fight, never been excluded or sent to a 'cooler room'.

I need to report her to a higher member of staff but I am out of luck because she is an assistant headteacher. I am going mad...what can I do?

Try growing up.
Reply 28

There[no apostrophe]s a new teacher in my school,[why is this comma here?] and she teaches me Citizenship because I've done both English lang & lit early and got straight A's. However, she is perhaps one of the most conniving women you could ever meet. She has already given me 3 detentions;[try a colon next time] 1 on Monday and 2 today (a 15 minute one during break time, and a 30 minute one after school). I have noticed that she constanly picks on me after I had asked her if the subject is compulsory, she was like ''IS SCHOOL COMPULSORY? WELL SO IS THIS''.[this full stop belongs within the quotation marks] Not at all true[this belongs in a full sentence]. I'd rather do early English A level as we were told we might do by my former English teacher (Who I deeply miss). She suggested to me and my friend that we might have behaviour problems...[why is this ellipsis here?]what for 'talking'? It like [try "it's"] [no quotation marks to denote hypothetical quote]who the hell are you to tell me that in my last year of secondary school? No other teacher had ever considered me to have behavioural problems because I dont. I am a Head girl for goodness sakes[*for goodness' sake - goodness cannot have more than one sake and, since it does have a sake, use the possessive apostrophe. Apostrophes are your friends.]! Never had a fight, never been excluded or sent to a 'cooler room'.

I need to report her to a higher member of staff but I am out of luck because she is an assistant headteacher. I am going mad...what can I do?
You got A grades?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anglerfish
You got A grades?

Yes.
Reply 30
I do feel sorry for you because you do sound like someone who doesn't make trouble and is now stuck doing a subject you see having no relevance to you when there are better things you could be doing, i had the same thing at gcse and an annoying teacher to go with it. They way i got round it was arguing with him but in such a tactful resperctful way he couldn't get me done for it. In the end he was driven to taking the mick outta me infront of the class, he then realised what he had done and took me outsdide and apologised. After that id didn't get any trouble from him and he treated me better than other people. So you could always try something like that.
Original post by hypocriticaljap
Try growing up.

Thank you.
She needs to grow up metally as well as physically. hehe
Original post by bugsuper
Well, I think you've essentially got to grin and bear it. I've been in a very similar situation, with a new teacher; you've got to remember that they're on the prowl for people who are going to be disruptive; that's why they massively overpunish people initially.

You've got two real choices.

1) Try and ingratiate yourself with the teacher, even if you don't want to, by giving her no excuse to punish.

2) continue as things are and take the punishment.

I'm not denying that some people are ridiculous and unfair, and that citizenship is a waste of time compared to English A Level, but there's no way you'll ever succeed in reporting her or changing her behaviour; it'll probably make things worse.

Try this. But if things do get worse then i would suggest seeing your head of year or someone.
Lol, silly girl. Grow up :/ You are are talking, thus disrupting her lesson which she put alot of time in planning.

Stop being a dumb b**** and walk a mile in her shoes. I love how girls are the first to scream ''teacher abuse''

Get a grip
Reply 34
I had a maths teacher like that once.

I was given my first ever and last detention by him and I still hold a grudge.

Just get on with it. Try and pretend to get on with her.

If she keeps carrying on tell your parents and complain.

They might change your class.
Original post by AtomicMan
Lol, silly girl. Grow up :/ You are are talking, thus disrupting her lesson which she put alot of time in planning.

Stop being a dumb b**** and walk a mile in her shoes. I love how girls are the first to scream ''teacher abuse''

Get a grip

Goodness, do you realise how heated the subject is? Don't you understand that Citizenship provokes a lot of thoughts which you want to share? I wasn't off task or anything. Its just that she doesn't allow open class discussions, something which is rather important in such a subject!

Its true. If you could ask the whole class! Girls AND boys! This has never occurred with any other teacher before!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending