The Student Room Group

How rare is 600/600 in AQA GCSE maths?

In the summer I got 600 out of 600 in the modular AQA gcse maths. I'm wondering how rare this is, because I thought a few people on TSR would have this score aswell.

Also, someone told me that this doesn't mean I got every mark because it is a scaled UMS mark, so I may have actually got a question wrong.

Thanks!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by OmnipotentOmelette
In the summer I got 600 out of 600 in the modular AQA gcse maths. I'm wondering how rare this is, because I thought a few people on TSR would have this score aswell.

Also, someone told me that this doesn't mean I got every mark because it is a scaled UMS mark, so I may have actually got a question wrong.

Thanks!!

well 600/600 on modular gcse isnt much of a hard task to complete to be honest, if it was linear then yeah that'd be rare but modular is so easy
Original post by sohail.s
well 600/600 on modular gcse isnt much of a hard task to complete to be honest, if it was linear then yeah that'd be rare but modular is so easy

What would be more immpressive is full marks on an igcse. :congrats: I'm still proud of my score though :smile:
you just wanna brag don't you
If this is UMS then everyone gets 100
Reply 5
Did you just say 'hoe' in your thread title?
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
you just wanna brag don't you

Sorry, i see now that it seems that way. Why would i want to brag to people who I do not know? :confused: Trying to show off would be pointless because there are people on TSR who have much more impressive exam grades/CVs etc anyway.
Sorry, i see now that it seems that way. Why would i want to brag to people who I do not know? :confused: Trying to show off would be pointless because there are people on TSR who have much more impressive exam grades/CVs etc anyway.

i was just messing. but you'd be surprised! theres some wastemans on TSR.
I don't think it's that uncommon.
I've done 2 / 3 moduals and I've only dropped 8 UMS ( :frown: ) so far and my friend has got full UMS so far.
Reply 9

Thanks!!

Oooo, Well done :biggrin: , sadly I got 598/600, I lost 2 marks on module 1 for some strange reason :frown: (106/108)

I got 69/70 raw marks on Module 3 which translated into 162/162, altho I got full raw marks in module 5.

Still, they do scale marks andey scale depends on the because of this someone getting full marks means they might not really have done and as the amount the scale depends on the difficulty of the paper, full marks in one paper will not be the same as full marks in another.

Albeit, reagardless of whether it is modular of linear (which is a useless argument to those who have used it, in my opinion it is easier to achieve higher marks in linear exams) full marks is rare, and you should be proud of yourself.

Seriously, how many people do you know have achieved full marks, no one here on this thread but you has, no one in my school achieved full marks (i got the highest :frown: )

Quick Reply

Latest