The Student Room Group

whoa is N korea going to war with the south finally :O?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stalin
In the liberation of a country and the disposition of one of the most malevolent dictators the world has ever seen. You're not another one of those tyrant-supporting, Islamofascist-loving admirers of Saddam Hussein, are you?

Lmao no most certainly not. What I'm saying is that these people have nuclear weapons and if England does anything to piss them off well... I'm just thinking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Original post by sahil112
North Korea is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent, its armed forces minister has said.

Kim Yong-chun said exercises conducted by South Korea near the border were a preparation for war with the North.

The drill is one of the largest in South Korea's history, involving tanks, helicopters and fighter planes.

Tension has been high since North Korea shelled the South's Yeonpyeong island last month, killing four South Koreans.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has promised immediate retaliation to any further Northern attack.

The South Korean army acknowledged that the drill was aimed to display its firepower.

Although the South has conducted 47 military drills this year, this is the largest winter live-fire exercise ever conducted on land.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

this is bad bad news i think.

This event, I feel, is probably the beginning of a long line of events leading up to the third nuclear weapon detonation in conflict, in history. Brace yourselves folks, the next ten years shall be interestingly terrifying.
Original post by Benammieh
Lmao no most certainly not. What I'm saying is that these people have nuclear weapons and if England does anything to piss them off well... I'm just thinking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

If you're so staunchly opposed to Saddam's tyrannical reign then why are you so staunchly opposed to the Iraq war?

We don't know for certain that North Korea possesses a nuclear weapon.

By England do you mean the United Kingdom? We've moved on from the 17th century.

As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the United Kingdom is out of North Korea's nuclear radius' range, so no, there's no chance of that happening.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Stalin
In the liberation of a country and the disposition of one of the most malevolent dictators the world has ever seen. You're not another one of those tyrant-supporting, Islamofascist-loving admirers of Saddam Hussein, are you?

I think it's amusing that you're berating her for supposedly admiring Saddam Hussein, a dictator, when you are posting under the username "Stalin".

Who was worse? Hint: it wasn't Saddam.
Original post by ch0llima
I think it's amusing that you're berating her for supposedly admiring Saddam Hussein, a dictator, when you are posting under the username "Stalin".

Who was worse? Hint: it wasn't Saddam.

:toofunny:

I forgot I had to subscribe to his views because I chose him as my username, you pedant. Following your logic, you must be a fan of beastiality, right?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25

Reply 26
If S.Korea really doesn't want war, why is it doing it's best to try and provoke it?
Original post by Stefan1991
If S.Korea really doesn't want war, why is it doing it's best to try and provoke it?

Because N. Korea is being stupid.
Reply 28
Original post by Stalin

I forgot I had to subscribe to his views because I chose him as my username, you pedant. Following your logic, you must be a fan of beastiality, right?

+1
Reply 29
Original post by Casshern1456
Because N. Korea is being stupid.

It is just doing what any other state would do if their sovereignty came into threat.

I find it hard to argue that N.Korea isn't justified in being miffed off, when S.Korea and the USA (only the largest military force known to mankind) is at your front door, trespassing your borders, staging large scale military drills on disputed territory, shooting their cannons into their vicinity threateningly and whatnot. Plus N.Korea see S.Korea as their country being occupied by U.S imperialists.

If S.Korea and the USA really wanted to ease the tensions they would either not do the drills, or do them somewhere else.
YEAAAAH WAR WAR WAR YEAAAAH

Sorry i play to much modern warefare :frown:
wait what
Original post by Stalin
Quality, not quantity.

This is coming from Stalin...
Original post by Aj12
North Korea trolling the world since 45'

nope that award goes to admadinejad
1) N. Korea nukes S. Korea.
2) War breaks out for a week or so until N. Korea threatens USA.
3) USA pulls out a nuclear powered fly swatter and turns N. Korea into a cinder.
4) China threatens retaliation but in the end it fizzles out because neither of them is stupid enough to nuke their biggest investor (or whatever).
5) Diplomats & international faces mourn S. Korean losses and the rest of the world lols about N. Korea's demise, Frankie Boyle leading the racist, mutant based humour.
Reply 35
Original post by Stalin
We live on the same planet; we're all human beings; of course it's our concern, you self-centred oaf.

Agreed. It's funny how people pretend to care, when in reality as long as things are good at home they don't give a damn about how many people suffer abroad.
Original post by Stefan1991
It is just doing what any other state would do if their sovereignty came into threat.

I find it hard to argue that N.Korea isn't justified in being miffed off, when S.Korea and the USA (only the largest military force known to mankind) is at your front door, trespassing your borders, staging large scale military drills on disputed territory, shooting their cannons into their vicinity threateningly and whatnot. Plus N.Korea see S.Korea as their country being occupied by U.S imperialists.

If S.Korea and the USA really wanted to ease the tensions they would either not do the drills, or do them somewhere else.

Yeah. Apart from N. Korea is a communist state.
Reply 37
Original post by History-Student
1) N. Korea nukes S. Korea.
2) War breaks out for a week or so until N. Korea threatens USA.
3) USA pulls out a nuclear powered fly swatter and turns N. Korea into a cinder.
4) China threatens retaliation but in the end it fizzles out because neither of them is stupid enough to nuke their biggest investor (or whatever).
5) Diplomats & international faces mourn S. Korean losses and the rest of the world lols about N. Korea's demise, Frankie Boyle leading the racist, mutant based humour.

I think 1 & 3 are both quite unlikely.

1) Even Kim Join Il will recognise that if he uses nuclear weapons in conflict, he will see his country cease to exist. Mutually Assured Destruction. However, a conventional artillery and air attack would also bring about his goal of all out war with the South, but somewhat lessening the likelihood of a merciless response.

3) Under Obama, America is far too weak; not militarily, but politically, to drop a nuke in China's backyard.

It would be a lose-lose, as if the wind is blowing South, the radiation would hit South Korea.

If it blows North, it will hit China, and Russia, which would be wholly unacceptable.

If it blows West, China will again get pasted. If it blows East, the Japanese will see another period of nuclear radiation, and they would definitely not stand for that... again!

China needs to get its act together, and tell N Korea in no uncertain terms what the future holds for it, should they pursue a path to war.
Reply 38
Original post by Ewan
Agreed. It's funny how people pretend to care, when in reality as long as things are good at home they don't give a damn about how many people suffer abroad.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html
Reply 39

WE are most certainly screwed then but let's hope the coalition will make a sensible decision for once because this is something we don't need to get involved with and that doesn't need any concern if ours!

As opposed to everything else we've been dragged into?

Quick Reply

Latest